ECT What is your view of MAD and MADists? (Strictly for people who are not mad)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I always get a kick out of these anti-MAD threads written by people who never start a thread defending their own doctrinal systems...pentecostals who never offer proof they have miracles...a preterist who doesn't even try to prove that every prophecy was fulfilled to the letter...Catholics who never tell us why we should obey popes and worship statues. It's all about attacking MAD. Gets really amusing after awhile. Boring, but amusing.
The Catechism is, in effect, what the Lord Himself says to us today in matters of faith, doctrine and morals. The Catechism teaches that you don't have to obey the pope, to be a true Christian. So that's probably why you don't see any explanation for "why we should obey popes" coming from Catholics.

andyc

Another, what looks now to be a hopeless, request for madists to keep out of this thread. You've wrecked it.

The idea behind creating this thread was to get the opinions of people who are not mad, and how they view it. The views already expressed have been interesting. It is being regarded by some as relatively harmless, to extremely sinister. We obviously know what the mads think, so we don't need to see it in this thread.

andyc

@andyc This board is owned by Open Theists and Depensationalists. You have to learn the live with them as detractors if you are going to open a thread on their forum. ;)

We've all done this for years.
I guess it boils down to the fact that some madists are incapable of respecting the simple wishes for just one thread. Shame, cause I was hoping to get the opinions of people who stay well away from the mad debates.

musterion

The Catechism is, in effect, what the Lord Himself says to us today in matters of faith, doctrine and morals.

Mormons say the same thing about their books, their prophet and 70 apostles. Same basic model is yours, both rejecting the word of God in favor of human authorities. Prove them wrong and that you're right.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you really think about mad?

It's a false belief system invented by a man (John Nelson Darby), that was based on a "vision" from a teenage girl.

Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults" around 1830.

Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, and Ellen White were contemporaries of Darby.

However, the really funny thing about Dispies/MADists is how they live in denial. They do everything they can to disassociate themselves, and what they believe from Darby.

It would be like a Mormon claiming Joseph Smith had nothing to do with Mormonism.

andyc

It's a false belief system invented by a man (John Nelson Darby), that was based on a "vision" from a teenage girl.

Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults" around 1830.

Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, and Ellen White were contemporaries of Darby.

However, the really funny thing about Dispies/MADists is how they live in denial. They do everything they can to disassociate themselves, and what they believe from Darby.

It would be like a Mormon claiming Joseph Smith had nothing to do with Mormonism.

Hi Tet

Wouldn't you say that the Darby side of things is more to do with eschatology, and how that's developed?
Obviously the pre-trib, premillennialism, Daniel's 70 weeks, and all that nonsense is probably the more tolerable aspects of MAD.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Tet

Wouldn't you say that the Darby side of things is more to do with eschatology, and how that's developed?

Darby Followers (Dispies/MADists) believe that Jesus is going to rescue the "church age believers" before a great tribulation happens to the world.

This is a very dangerous teaching. Part of that teaching claims the world has to get really bad, evil, corrupt, immoral, etc. in order for Jesus to "rescue" His church by rapturing them.

So, on one hand you have Darby Followers going on and on about homosexuality, abortion, and all the other evils of the world, but at the same time these Darby Followers are going "see, see,.....this is all prophesied....this stuff has to happen in order for the rapture to take place....".

Prior to Darby, most Christians had a more post-millennial view of the world. They wanted to send missionaries out into the world, spread the gospel, etc. They had an optimistic future for the church.

With Dispensationalism, it's all pessimistic. They believe the world has to get really evil and wicked so their rapture can take place. Therefore, they have no interest in spreading the gospel, and growing the church.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

What do ya think of the "LIES" that TeT is telling? If lies got you to Hell, TeT would have been there after his first post on this thread. MAD, as you know, is based upon the teachings of the Apostle Paul. I never heard of Darby before TeT said the name hundreds of times on this forum. I heard and believed the Gospel in 1962. Never heard of Calvinism until about 1975. Those who despise Paul's teachings will not gain entrance into the Heavenly Kingdom of God. That's the plain and the simple of it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For those who despise the writings of Paul, read what he said in Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel." Paul's Grace Gospel that he received from the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ is so important that the SECRETS of men will be judged by it. That's quite a warning. Yet, posters on this forum reject Paul's words to their detriment.

You may ask: "What is Paul's Gospel?" The answer would be The Grace Gospel he received from Christ Himself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ's earthly ministry was ONLY for the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." The Gentiles were left out of His ministry, except for a very few encounter's He had with them. A way for salvation came to the Gentiles through the Apostle to the Gentiles, Paul. Peter and the rest of the Apostles continued Christ's ministry to the House of Israel. Known as The Kingdom Message.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Today, The Kingdom Message no longer exists. Both Jew and Gentile alike are saved by The Grace Gospel and both become members of the Body of Christ through this Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
TeT believes that ALL of the prophecies of the Bible ended in 70AD. That's one of the devils lies. He's what's called a "Preterist." Google it and find out what that is. TeT is totally obsessed with a teacher named Darby who lived a long time ago. TeT has mentioned his name a few hundred times. I NEVER heard of the guy before TeT kept saying his name over and over again. I really believe TeT has mental issues that can't be resolved on a forum.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dispensationalism deals with the teachings of the Apostle Paul and the New Testament. It also pertains to the Old Testament, as well. TeT, AndyC, and a number of others are trying their best to "demonize" Mid-Acts Dispensationalism." That's what "MAD" stands for. Their attack is basically on the Apostle Paul and his ministry.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some posters who have NEVER read the Bible in its entirety are vulnerable to be indoctrinated by people such as AndyC and TeT among others on TOL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that disclosure of religious background is very important so that everybody knows ahead of time where posters stand. That's why I ask posters about their church and denominational affiliations.