What is "this book of the law"?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Deuteronomy 31:24-26 NASB - 24 It came about, when Moses finished writing the words of this law in a book until they were complete, 25 that Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 26 "Take this book of the law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may remain there as a witness against you.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul said, "What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made... (Galatians 3:19)

The Book of the Law contained the statutes and judgments that were added to the covenant to provide guidance.

Epoisses

The Holy Spirit guides us now so we don't need that statutes and judgments anymore. That is if you have the Holy Spirit. I don't think Jamie has the Spirit because she trusts in the letter.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit guides us now so we don't need that statutes and judgments anymore. That is if you have the Holy Spirit. I don't think Jamie has the Spirit because she trusts in the letter.
I don't know about what you are saying, but your response has caused me to look for a phrase in scripture that I remembered, cause to walk in.

Ezekiel 36:27 NASB - 27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

Here are the verses with the words statutes and judgments in them. Except for the last one in Deuteronomy, the words translated as statutes are different between Leviticus and Deuteronomy (with the verse from Ezekiel following the predominant usage in Deuteronomy). The Hebrew word for ordinances in the verse from Ezekiel is the same as that for judgments in the following verses.

Leviticus 18:4 NASB - 'You are to perform My judgments and keep My statutes, to live in accord with them; I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 18:5 NASB - 'So you shall keep My statutes and My judgments, by which a man may live if he does them; I am the LORD.

Leviticus 18:26 NASB - 'But as for you, you are to keep My statutes and My judgments and shall not do any of these abominations, neither the native, nor the alien who sojourns among you

Leviticus 25:18 NASB - 'You shall thus observe My statutes and keep My judgments, so as to carry them out, that you may live securely on the land.

Deuteronomy 4:1 NASB - "Now, O Israel, listen to the statutes and the judgments which I am teaching you to perform, so that you may live and go in and take possession of the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you.

Deuteronomy 4:5 NASB - "See, I have taught you statutes and judgments just as the LORD my God commanded me, that you should do thus in the land where you are entering to possess it.

Deuteronomy 4:8 NASB - "Or what great nation is there that has statutes and judgments as righteous as this whole law which I am setting before you today?

Deuteronomy 4:14 NASB - "The LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that you might perform them in the land where you are going over to possess it.

Deuteronomy 5:31 NASB - 'But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess.'

Deuteronomy 6:1 NASB - "Now this is the commandment, the statutes and the judgments which the LORD your God has commanded me to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you are going over to possess it,

Deuteronomy 6:20 NASB - "When your son asks you in time to come, saying, 'What do the testimonies and the statutes and the judgments mean which the LORD our God commanded you?'

Deuteronomy 7:11 NASB - "Therefore, you shall keep the commandment and the statutes and the judgments which I am commanding you today, to do them.

Deuteronomy 11:32 NASB - and you shall be careful to do all the statutes and the judgments which I am setting before you today.

Deuteronomy 12:1 NASB - "These are the statutes and the judgments which you shall carefully observe in the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you to possess as long as you live on the earth.

Deuteronomy 30:16 NASB - in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it.

keypurr

I don't know about what you are saying, but your response has caused me to look for a phrase in scripture that I remembered, cause to walk in.

Ezekiel 36:27 NASB - 27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

Here are the verses with the words statutes and judgments in them. Except for the last one in Deuteronomy, the words translated as statutes are different between Leviticus and Deuteronomy (with the verse from Ezekiel following the predominant usage in Deuteronomy). The Hebrew word for ordinances in the verse from Ezekiel is the same as that for judgments in the following verses.

Leviticus 18:4 NASB - 'You are to perform My judgments and keep My statutes, to live in accord with them; I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 18:5 NASB - 'So you shall keep My statutes and My judgments, by which a man may live if he does them; I am the LORD.

Leviticus 18:26 NASB - 'But as for you, you are to keep My statutes and My judgments and shall not do any of these abominations, neither the native, nor the alien who sojourns among you

Leviticus 25:18 NASB - 'You shall thus observe My statutes and keep My judgments, so as to carry them out, that you may live securely on the land.

Deuteronomy 4:1 NASB - "Now, O Israel, listen to the statutes and the judgments which I am teaching you to perform, so that you may live and go in and take possession of the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you.

Deuteronomy 4:5 NASB - "See, I have taught you statutes and judgments just as the LORD my God commanded me, that you should do thus in the land where you are entering to possess it.

Deuteronomy 4:8 NASB - "Or what great nation is there that has statutes and judgments as righteous as this whole law which I am setting before you today?

Deuteronomy 4:14 NASB - "The LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that you might perform them in the land where you are going over to possess it.

Deuteronomy 5:31 NASB - 'But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess.'

Deuteronomy 6:1 NASB - "Now this is the commandment, the statutes and the judgments which the LORD your God has commanded me to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you are going over to possess it,

Deuteronomy 6:20 NASB - "When your son asks you in time to come, saying, 'What do the testimonies and the statutes and the judgments mean which the LORD our God commanded you?'

Deuteronomy 7:11 NASB - "Therefore, you shall keep the commandment and the statutes and the judgments which I am commanding you today, to do them.

Deuteronomy 11:32 NASB - and you shall be careful to do all the statutes and the judgments which I am setting before you today.

Deuteronomy 12:1 NASB - "These are the statutes and the judgments which you shall carefully observe in the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you to possess as long as you live on the earth.

Deuteronomy 30:16 NASB - in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it.

Good post Jacob

Epoisses

Actually, I trust in two letters: Alpha and Omega. Those are the first and the last letters.

You don't believe in the finished work of Christ so you're trying to save yourself with your good deeds. We either accept a finished Salvation by faith or reject a finished Salvation by unbelief. We add nothing to the gospel.

Epoisses

I'm a Gentile so those scriptures are not for me.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 31:24-26 NASB - 24 It came about, when Moses finished writing the words of this law in a book until they were complete, 25 that Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 26 "Take this book of the law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may remain there as a witness against you.​
Admit it, you like being a jew and following judaism -

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm a Gentile so those scriptures are not for me.
I would like to make a statement and encourage you in your understanding of scripture.

God's Law was given to the nation of Israel.

Consider the following scriptures.

Romans 3:19 NASB - Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB - 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

There are scriptures that are for everyone, scriptures for the nation of Israel, and scriptures that are for Gentiles.

Romans 3:1-2 NASB - 1 Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

We can all learn from God's Law given to the nation of Israel.

Prior we have Noah following the flood.

Genesis 9:1-19 NASB - 1 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 "The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. 3 "Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. 4 "Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 "Surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man's brother I will require the life of man. 6 "Whoever sheds man's blood,By man his blood shall be shed,For in the image of GodHe made man. 7 "As for you, be fruitful and multiply;Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it." 8 Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying, 9 "Now behold, I Myself do establish My covenant with you, and with your descendants after you; 10 and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you; of all that comes out of the ark, even every beast of the earth. 11 "I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth." 12 God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; 13 I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. 14 "It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud, 15 and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 "When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." 17 And God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth." 18 Now the sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem and Ham and Japheth; and Ham was the father of Canaan. 19 These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.

Here are some scriptures from the New Testament.

John 4:22 NASB - 22 "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Matthew 3:2 NASB - 2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 4:17 NASB - 17 From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 10:6 NASB - 6 but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:24 NASB - 24 But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Matthew 28:16-20 NASB - 16 But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Acts 5:31 NASB - 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18 NASB - 18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Acts 15:1-41 NASB - 1 Some men came down from Judea and began teaching the brethren, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved." 2 And when Paul and Barnabas had great dissension and debate with them, the brethren determined that Paul and Barnabas and some others of them should go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and elders concerning this issue. 3 Therefore, being sent on their way by the church, they were passing through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and were bringing great joy to all the brethren. 4 When they arrived at Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they reported all that God had done with them. 5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses." 6 The apostles and the elders came together to look into this matter. 7 After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 "And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 9 and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. 10 "Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 "But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are." 12 All the people kept silent, and they were listening to Barnabas and Paul as they were relating what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13 After they had stopped speaking, James answered, saying, "Brethren, listen to me. 14 "Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name. 15 "With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 16 'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return,AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN,AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS,AND I WILL RESTORE IT, 17 SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD,AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,' 18 SAYS THE LORD, WHO MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO. 19 "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21 "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath." 22 Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas--Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren, 23 and they sent this letter by them, "The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings. 24 "Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls, 25 it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 "Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: 29 that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell." 30 So when they were sent away, they went down to Antioch; and having gathered the congregation together, they delivered the letter. 31 When they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement. 32 Judas and Silas, also being prophets themselves, encouraged and strengthened the brethren with a lengthy message. 33 After they had spent time there, they were sent away from the brethren in peace to those who had sent them out. 34 But it seemed good to Silas to remain there. 35 But Paul and Barnabas stayed in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others also, the word of the Lord. 36 After some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us return and visit the brethren in every city in which we proclaimed the word of the Lord, and see how they are." 37 Barnabas wanted to take John, called Mark, along with them also. 38 But Paul kept insisting that they should not take him along who had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not gone with them to the work. 39 And there occurred such a sharp disagreement that they separated from one another, and Barnabas took Mark with him and sailed away to Cyprus. 40 But Paul chose Silas and left, being committed by the brethren to the grace of the Lord. 41 And he was traveling through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.

Romans 2:1-29 NASB - 1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. 3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. 12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. 17 But if you bear the name "Jew" and rely upon the Law and boast in God, 18 and know His will and approve the things that are essential, being instructed out of the Law, 19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, 20 a corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the immature, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and of the truth, 21 you, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that one shall not steal, do you steal? 22 You who say that one should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who boast in the Law, through your breaking the Law, do you dishonor God? 24 For "THE NAME OF GOD IS BLASPHEMED AMONG THE GENTILES BECAUSE OF YOU," just as it is written. 25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

1 Corinthians 7:19 NASB - 19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

1 Corinthians 10:32 NASB - 32 Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God;

Ephesians 2:1-22 NASB - 1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. 11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. 17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

A foreigner can join himself to the LORD including the Sabbath and His covenant.

Isaiah 56:1-12 NASB - 1 Thus says the LORD, "Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed. 2 "How blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who takes hold of it; Who keeps from profaning the sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil." 3 Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say,"The LORD will surely separate me from His people. "Nor let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree." 4 For thus says the LORD, "To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths, And choose what pleases Me, And hold fast My covenant, 5 To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, And a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off. 6 "Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath And holds fast My covenant; 7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples." 8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares, "Yet others I will gather to them, to those already gathered." 9 All you beasts of the field, All you beasts in the forest, Come to eat. 10 His watchmen are blind, All of them know nothing. All of them are mute dogs unable to bark, Dreamers lying down, who love to slumber; 11 And the dogs are greedy, they are not satisfied. And they are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, Each one to his unjust gain, to the last one. 12 "Come," they say, "let us get wine, and let us drink heavily of strong drink; And tomorrow will be like today, only more so."

The following are verses with the word Gentiles in them.

Isaiah 9:1 NASB - But there will be no more gloom for her who was in anguish; in earlier times He treated the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali with contempt, but later on He shall make it glorious, by the way of the sea, on the other side of Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles.

Matthew 4:15 NASB - "THE LAND OF ZEBULUN AND THE LAND OF NAPHTALI,BY THE WAY OF THE SEA, BEYOND THE JORDAN, GALILEE OF THE GENTILES--

Matthew 5:47 NASB - "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

Matthew 6:7 NASB - "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.

Matthew 6:32 NASB - "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

Matthew 10:5 NASB - These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans;

Matthew 10:18 NASB - and you will even be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.

Matthew 12:18 NASB - "BEHOLD, MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN;MY BELOVED IN WHOM MY SOUL is WELL-PLEASED;I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM,AND HE SHALL PROCLAIM JUSTICE TO THE GENTILES.

Matthew 12:21 NASB - "AND IN HIS NAME THE GENTILES WILL HOPE."

Matthew 20:19 NASB - and will hand Him over to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up."

Matthew 20:25 NASB - But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them.

Mark 10:33 NASB - saying, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered to the chief priests and the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and will hand Him over to the Gentiles.

Mark 10:42 NASB - Calling them to Himself, Jesus said to them, "You know that those who are recognized as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them; and their great men exercise authority over them.

Luke 2:32 NASB - A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES,And the glory of Your people Israel."

Luke 18:32 NASB - "For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon,

Luke 21:24 NASB - and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Luke 22:25 NASB - And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who have authority over them are called 'Benefactors.'

Acts 4:25 NASB - who by the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Your servant, said,'WHY DID THE GENTILES RAGE,AND THE PEOPLES DEVISE FUTILE THINGS?

Acts 4:27 NASB - "For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel,

Acts 9:15 NASB - But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;

Acts 10:45 NASB - All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.

Acts 11:1 NASB - Now the apostles and the brethren who were throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God.

Acts 11:18 NASB - When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Acts 13:46 NASB - Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first; since you repudiate it and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:47 NASB - "For so the Lord has commanded us,'I HAVE PLACED YOU AS A LIGHT FOR THE GENTILES,THAT YOU MAY BRING SALVATION TO THE END OF THE EARTH.'"

Acts 13:48 NASB - When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Acts 14:2 NASB - But the Jews who disbelieved stirred up the minds of the Gentiles and embittered them against the brethren.

Acts 14:5 NASB - And when an attempt was made by both the Gentiles and the Jews with their rulers, to mistreat and to stone them,

Acts 14:27 NASB - When they had arrived and gathered the church together, they began to report all things that God had done with them and how He had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.

Acts 15:3 NASB - Therefore, being sent on their way by the church, they were passing through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and were bringing great joy to all the brethren.

Acts 15:7 NASB - After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.

Acts 15:12 NASB - All the people kept silent, and they were listening to Barnabas and Paul as they were relating what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles.

Acts 15:14 NASB - "Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name.

Acts 15:17 NASB - SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD,AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'

Acts 15:19 NASB - "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles,

Acts 15:23 NASB - and they sent this letter by them, "The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.

Acts 17:17 NASB - So he was reasoning in the synagogue with the Jews and the God-fearing Gentiles, and in the market place every day with those who happened to be present.

Acts 18:6 NASB - But when they resisted and blasphemed, he shook out his garments and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Acts 21:11 NASB - And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, "This is what the Holy Spirit says: 'In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.'"

Acts 21:19 NASB - After he had greeted them, he began to relate one by one the things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

Acts 21:21 NASB - and they have been told about you, that you are teaching all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.

Acts 21:25 NASB - "But concerning the Gentiles who have believed, we wrote, having decided that they should abstain from meat sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what is strangled and from fornication."

Acts 22:21 NASB - "And He said to me, 'Go! For I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Acts 26:17 NASB - rescuing you from the Jewish people and from the Gentiles, to whom I am sending you,

Acts 26:20 NASB - but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.

Acts 26:23 NASB - that the Christ was to suffer, and that by reason of His resurrection from the dead He would be the first to proclaim light both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles."

Acts 28:28 NASB - "Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will also listen."

Romans 1:5 NASB - through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,

Romans 1:13 NASB - I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented so far) so that I may obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles.

Romans 2:14 NASB - For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,

Romans 2:24 NASB - For "THE NAME OF GOD IS BLASPHEMED AMONG THE GENTILES BECAUSE OF YOU," just as it is written.

Romans 3:29 NASB - Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,

Romans 9:24 NASB - even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

Romans 9:30 NASB - What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith;

Romans 11:11 NASB - I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.

Romans 11:12 NASB - Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!

Romans 11:13 NASB - But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,

Romans 11:25 NASB - For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery--so that you will not be wise in your own estimation--that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

Romans 15:9 NASB - and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy; as it is written,"THEREFORE I WILL GIVE PRAISE TO YOU AMONG THE GENTILES,AND I WILL SING TO YOUR NAME."

Romans 15:10 NASB - Again he says,"REJOICE, O GENTILES, WITH HIS PEOPLE."

Romans 15:11 NASB - And again,"PRAISE THE LORD ALL YOU GENTILES,AND LET ALL THE PEOPLES PRAISE HIM."

Romans 15:12 NASB - Again Isaiah says,"THERE SHALL COME THE ROOT OF JESSE,AND HE WHO ARISES TO RULE OVER THE GENTILES,IN HIM SHALL THE GENTILES HOPE."

Romans 15:16 NASB - to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, so that my offering of the Gentiles may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:18 NASB - For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed,

Romans 15:27 NASB - Yes, they were pleased to do so, and they are indebted to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in their spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them also in material things.

Romans 16:4 NASB - who for my life risked their own necks, to whom not only do I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles;

1 Corinthians 1:23 NASB - but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,

1 Corinthians 5:1 NASB - It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father's wife.

1 Corinthians 10:20 NASB - No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons.

2 Corinthians 11:26 NASB - I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren;

Galatians 1:16 NASB - to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood,

Galatians 2:2 NASB - It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:8 NASB - (for He who effectually worked for Peter in his apostleship to the circumcised effectually worked for me also to the Gentiles),

Galatians 2:9 NASB - and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we might go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Galatians 2:12 NASB - For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision.

Galatians 2:14 NASB - But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all, "If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how is it that you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?

Galatians 2:15 NASB - "We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles;

Galatians 3:8 NASB - The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU."

Galatians 3:14 NASB - in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 2:11 NASB - Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands--

Ephesians 3:1 NASB - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles--

Ephesians 3:6 NASB - to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel,

Ephesians 3:8 NASB - To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,

Ephesians 4:17 NASB - So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind,

Colossians 1:27 NASB - to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1 Thessalonians 2:16 NASB - hindering us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved; with the result that they always fill up the measure of their sins. But wrath has come upon them to the utmost.

1 Thessalonians 4:5 NASB - not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

1 Timothy 2:7 NASB - For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

2 Timothy 4:17 NASB - But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth.

1 Peter 2:12 NASB - Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

1 Peter 4:3 NASB - For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

3 John 1:7 NASB - For they went out for the sake of the Name, accepting nothing from the Gentiles.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul said, "What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made... (Galatians 3:19)

The Book of the Law contained the statutes and judgments that were added to the covenant to provide guidance.
You are speaking of the covenant God made with Israel.

Can you clarify what you mean by your statement? Where does your statement come from? Is your statement your own?

There are many scriptures from the Torah that have the words statutes or judgments in them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are a Judaizer - look up the definition
I studied the topic years ago. My conversion is voluntary. I am also still a Christian. There is nothing wrong with being Jewish. Still you should know and be reminded that no one is saved by works. If someone chooses to be Jewish, there is nothing wrong with it. If a person forces others to become Jewish then something is wrong.

If a person chooses to observe the Ten Commandments or eat kosher foods as a Gentile, there is nothing wrong with that either.

Many Christians recognize that they live differently from Gentiles, not sinning or pursuing the things of the flesh.

Also, I still don't have an answer to the OP. You are welcome to provide your answer. Studying this can be for those who are Jewish or Christian or seeking to understand Israel and God's Law. You don't have to study this. God may want you to or He may want you to grow in your understanding of Him some other way. I encourage Bible study though it is not required for Christian living. If you are Jewish or Christian either way Torah study is acceptable. Christians can study all of scripture. If you study only the New Testament that is acceptable too. It all has to do with what God wants you to do.

What is the Book of the Law spoken of in these scriptures in Torah, the Law, the Five Books of Moses, the Pentateuch?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It was the 600 plus commandments; the complete law.

613 Mitzvot - Taryag Mitzvot