WHAT IS THE MYSTERY?

DougE

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Christ revealed the mystery to Paul, which is the body of Christ. The body of Christ was formed to reconcile the heavenly places (Colossians 1:20). This mystery was not made known to anyone before Paul, nor can it be found anywhere in the law and the prophets in scripture.

If those of the world had known this, they would not have crucified the Lord Jesus.

Peter and the disciples could not have known this mystery and therefore could not have preached the body of Christ, nor be members of it. They preached the gospel of the kingdom to Israel (the Davidic kingdom on earth...Matthew 4:23) and the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43).

beloved57

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Christ revealed the mystery to Paul, which is the body of Christ. The body of Christ was formed to reconcile the heavenly places (Colossians 1:20). This mystery was not made known to anyone before Paul, nor can it be found anywhere in the law and the prophets in scripture.

If those of the world had known this, they would not have crucified the Lord Jesus.

Peter and the disciples could not have known this mystery and therefore could not have preached the body of Christ, nor be members of it. They preached the gospel of the kingdom to Israel (the Davidic kingdom on earth...Matthew 4:23) and the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43).
The Mystery is that Israel, the Spiritual Israel that shall all be saved Isa 45 17 is made up of both saved, redeemed jews and gentiles !

Bradley D

"Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith— to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen" (Romans 16:25-27).

Lonster

After talking with a few MidActs theologians, 1) I think this is 'part' of the mystery, and 2) that the mystery is more fully 'everything Paul preached that no other Apostle did.' Thus, the Mystery is also that Christ wasn't just redeeming 'Israelites' for 'Israel' plans, but was redeeming all of mankind, not through Jerusalem, but through Christ Himself. In a lot of ways I agree with MAD on there being a mystery that is distinct from the Kingdom offer, and would caveat that from what I'm hearing, the 'mystery' is large in scope. Roughly, whenever Mid Acts people correct or teach me concerning this, it is always the 'difference' between the plan for the Jews, and a plan for gentiles (and believing Jews?) to be the BoC.

DougE

Roughly, whenever Mid Acts people correct or teach me concerning this, it is always the 'difference' between the plan for the Jews, and a plan for gentiles (and believing Jews?) to be the BoC.
Yes, God was reconciling heaven and earth.

Jesus and the twelve preached the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus and keep the law, they had to be fruitful in order to reign with Christ in the kingdom on earth.

Paul preached the cross. Jew and Gentile are justified freely by the redemption of Christ. They form the body of Christ and will have position in the heavenly places.

In the future all in heaven and earth will be gathered together in Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
The mystery that Paul taught was NOT that gentiles could be saved.

It was that Jew and gentile alike can be saved without Israel, without the law, without the covenants, etc. etc. etc.

The mystery IS the body of Christ.

There are more details but that is the general idea.

Right Divider

Body part
"Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith— to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen" (Romans 16:25-27).
The very nature of the way Paul says "according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery" shows that there was also another way to "preach Jesus Christ" that was NOT according to the revelation of the mystery.

That other way was according to prophecy. In prophecy is where we can learn about the kingdom that Jesus preached during His ministry to the circumcision (i.e., Israel).
Rom 15:8 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
These promises are defined throughout the law and the prophets.

Last edited:

beloved57

Yes, God was reconciling heaven and earth.

Jesus and the twelve preached the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus and keep the law, they had to be fruitful in order to reign with Christ in the kingdom on earth.

Paul preached the cross. Jew and Gentile are justified freely by the redemption of Christ. They form the body of Christ and will have position in the heavenly places.

In the future all in heaven and earth will be gathered together in Christ.
The Gospel of the Kingdom is the Gospel of Christ that Paul preached. It's only one Gospel.

Right Divider

Body part
Only one Gospel and one Kingdom. You like them carnal minded jews.
Insults will get you nowhere and only confirm that you are Biblically retarded.

There are many gospels in the scripture. They are clearly defined by the use of THE GOSPEL OF <distinction>.

Like THE GOSPEL OF THE CIRCUCUMCISION and THE GOSPEL OF THE UNCIRCUCUMCISION.

Crystal clear to anyone but the falsely indoctrinated; like you.

DougE

The Gospel of the Kingdom is the Gospel of Christ that Paul preached. It's only one Gospel.
Here is what Peter preached in Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Here is Peter in Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Does not sound the same as what Paul preached. Peter only preached the name of Christ Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
Here is what Peter preached in Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Here is Peter in Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Does not sound the same as what Paul preached. Peter only preached the name of Christ Jesus.
The vast majority of Churchianity cannot understand these simple and obvious things.

Peter did not even understand why God was sending him to Cornelius.

beloved57

It's the same Gospel.

beloved57

It's not the same Gospel.
It is the same Gospel. Peter preached the same Gospel to the jews and gentiles. Acts 15:6-9

And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It is the same Gospel.

It's not the same gospel.

Peter preached the same Gospel to the jews and gentiles. Acts 15:6-9

And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith

Acts 15 comes AFTER Acts 9.

Acts 15 is around 20 years after Paul's conversion.

Galatians 1:18 is where Paul tells Peter (and James, the Lord's brother) about his testimony. Fourteen years later, in Galatians 2:1, Paul again goes, in private, to the twelve, to show them his gospel.

Beloved57, could you explain for me please why Paul, if what you say is true and his gospel is the same, went to the twelve in private to convey to them what he was teaching his converts?

Why hide it from the church?

My answer is that it's because their messages are so different, that had Paul gone and preached his gospel to the Jews 14 years after Galatians 1:18, he would have been thrown out of the church as a heretic, since his gospel preached faith alone, while Peter's congregation was taught to keep the law under the New Covenant.

So what is your answer to this scripture:

Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed;for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision.And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.“But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not!For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” - Galatians 2:1-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:1-21&version=NKJV