What is the meaning of grace!

God's Truth

Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Steko,

Do you admit that things changed after Jesus came and died and rose again?

glorydaz

So tell me what you are doing.

I told you. I'm resting....confidently.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Here's the difference, God's untruth. You're always saying, "I obey" and I'm always saying, "He is performing HIS work in me" (I'm the one who needs to be worked on), and, therefore, HE gets all the glory.

I don't need to talk about myself all the time, and I don't need to brag about how much I obey "everything", because I'm not looking at myself and what I do. I'm merely praising His name for all He does.:cloud9:

God's Truth

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Here's the difference, God's untruth. You're always saying, "I obey" and I'm always saying, "He is performing HIS work in me" (I'm the one who needs to be worked on), and, therefore, HE gets all the glory.

I don't need to talk about myself all the time, and I don't need to brag about how much I obey "everything", because I'm not looking at myself and what I do. I'm merely praising His name for all He does.:cloud9:

You are doing more than doing nothing.

So what are you doing all day everyday?

Why won't you tell?

God's Truth

How about this: What is God making you do everyday? Come back glory and tell us.

Maybe glory gets it now that we have to do what Jesus says, and that it is not wrong in any way.

God works in us to want to do His works.

That is about our obeying.

glorydaz

You are doing more than doing nothing.

So what are you doing all day everyday?

Why won't you tell?

I'm living my life. I'm praising and thanking the Lord for all my many blessings, and for the time I have with my kids and grandkids. I thank Him for giving me another day to enjoy the trees and the sky. I ask Him to help me not to trip and fall as I go out to feed the horses. :stuck:

I have nothing to hide from you, GT. I just refuse to lay claim for having earned any of the blessings God has so richly bestowed on me. I refuse to even remember what my right hand has done as though it was to my credit.

In other words, I refuse to boast because I have nothing to boast of.

God's Truth

I'm living my life. I'm praising and thanking the Lord for all my many blessings, and for the time I have with my kids and grandkids. I thank Him for giving me another day to enjoy the trees and the sky. I ask Him to help me not to trip and fall as I go out to feed the horses. :stuck:

I have nothing to hide from you, GT. I just refuse to lay claim for having earned any of the blessings God has so richly bestowed on me. I refuse to even remember what my right hand has done as though it was to my credit.

In other words, I refuse to boast because I have nothing to boast of.

So you are thankful to God, you say. That is something God tells us to do. You are keeping busy at home, it is something else we are told to do. Sounds like you are doing things that God says to do. Do you see now that you have to obey?

As for you trying to shame people who obey, Paul says he boasts in himself and others for obeying. You cannot shame anyone for doing right by obeying God.

You boasted in yourself.

glorydaz

How about this: What is God making you do everyday? Come back glory and tell us.

Maybe glory gets it now that we have to do what Jesus says, and that it is not wrong in any way.

God works in us to want to do His works.

That is about our obeying.

God isn't making me do anything.

You seem to think He is a taskmaster. :think:

First you say, "What is God MAKING you do," and then you say He works in us "to WANT TO DO..."
Why can't you keep from contradicting yourself?

I'll tell you. It's because you are trying to straddle that fence between law and grace.
You'll walk around with a perpetual wedgie if you keep that up. ;)

God's Truth

I am humble and say I obey. You call that wrong and think that you saying you do nothing is giving glory to God. You merely praising is also doing something. You do brag on yourself and in your defiance to His truth.

God's Truth

God isn't making me do anything.

You are the one who said He is working in you.

What is that? A lazy servant, family member, and friend?

You seem to think He is a taskmaster. :think:

That came from you not me.

First you say, "What is God MAKING you do," and then you say He works in us "to WANT TO DO..."
Why can't you keep from contradicting yourself?

You sure are confused. I said what do you do, you said resting and that God is conforming you. I said God works in us to want to obey. Give it some more thought.

I'll tell you. It's because you are trying to straddle that fence between law and grace.
You'll walk around with a perpetual wedgie if you keep that up. ;)

No such thing. You either obey and remain in His love, or you do nothing and fall into a pit.

glorydaz

So you are thankful to God, you say. That is something God tells us to do. You are keeping busy at home, it is something else we are told to do. Sounds like you are doing things that God says to do. Do you see now that you have to obey?

As for you trying to shame people who obey, Paul says he boasts in himself and others for obeying. You cannot shame anyone for doing right by obeying God.

You boasted in yourself.

Still don't understand the difference between law and grace, do you?

You really need to stop projecting your boasting onto me. I'm thankful, not because I'm told to be thankful, but because I have no choice but to be thankful. That's because I am now HIS workmanship and not my own. I can't claim I did anything....it was all done to me when I believed. When I was created IN CHRIST, I became a new creature. It comes naturally...all things are new.

So, you keep trying to obey and trusting in yourself to want to obey. It seems to be something you take great pride in.

Oh, and "keeping busy at home" comes with the territory. Like anyone else, if I don't do it, it won't get done. I sure won't claim that as obeying what I have been told to obey by God. That's like saying you obey by going to sleep at night. :chuckle: