ECT What is the Gospel?

jsanford108

Because scripture says so.

2Tim 3:16-17 (KJV)
(3:16) All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (3:17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

So your defense is "Scripture is true because it says it is?" This is the same defense that Islam has.

This defense goes against logic. If I write a book, slap a line in that says "everything written herein is true," then by your logic, it is now a book of truth. To utilize this logic, one must accept all books that put forth a claim of truth, in order to defy hypocrisy. However, accepting these renders one contradictory in nature. To deny other claims utilizing this logic also renders one contradictory in nature.

Right Divider

Body part
So your defense is "Scripture is true because it says it is?" This is the same defense that Islam has.

This defense goes against logic. If I write a book, slap a line in that says "everything written herein is true," then by your logic, it is now a book of truth. To utilize this logic, one must accept all books that put forth a claim of truth, in order to defy hypocrisy. However, accepting these renders one contradictory in nature. To deny other claims utilizing this logic also renders one contradictory in nature.
Everyone starts with SOME a priori foundation for their beliefs.

The Bible is consistent within itself. Other "holy books" are not.

dodge

You are literally to stupid to talk to.

The names of the BOOKS are NOT Holy Spirit inspired scripture.

That you could not even understand what was being said is a testament to your moronic "understanding" of the Bible.

It really upsets you that others follow God and NOT you doesn't it !

jsanford108

Everyone starts with SOME a priori foundation for their beliefs.

The Bible is consistent within itself. Other "holy books" are not.

Not true. My process for proving the Scriptures as true does not make any such assumption. (If you want my entire defense, I will provide it; it would at least educate you in history and logical approaches to claims)

This is a common defense put forth by those who utilize your style of logic. Do you know who was the first to make the declaration that the Bible/Canon is divinely inspired? The Catholic Church. Do you realize that in the Letter to Timothy which you quoted, "Scripture" at that time was solely the Old Testament?

So, the Scripture you quoted does not defend your position. Your logic is, in fact, illogical. And you have no reasonable process or defense for your statement of belief.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Danoh

Not true. My process for proving the Scriptures as true does not make any such assumption. (If you want my entire defense, I will provide it; it would at least educate you in history and logical approaches to claims)

This is a common defense put forth by those who utilize your style of logic. Do you know who was the first to make the declaration that the Bible/Canon is divinely inspired? The Catholic Church. Do you realize that in the Letter to Timothy which you quoted, "Scripture" at that time was solely the Old Testament?

So, the Scripture you quoted does not defend your position. Your logic is, in fact, illogical. And you have no reasonable process or defense for your statement of belief.

Nope.

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Right Divider

Body part
Not true.
Absolutely true. The fact that you deny it shows that you think that you are singularly the only one that is "objective".

My process for proving the Scriptures as true does not make any such assumption. (If you want my entire defense, I will provide it; it would at least educate you in history and logical approaches to claims)

Utter hogwash!

So you really are a Romanist that will not come clean about his "church".

LOL you're funny.

dodge

More like THEIR misunderstanding or mis-reading INTO a thing - that MAD idolizes Paul and marginalizes the Lord.

Danoh, I am addressing what I see here on this forum, and not universally as I have no clue what about "others" that I do not see nor read !

One here on TOL actually tied Paul to "I AM " , which is nothing short of blasphemy.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely true. The fact that you deny it shows that you think that you are singularly the only one that is "objective".

Utter hogwash!

LOL you're funny.
Jsanford has mentioned plenty of times that they are Catholic.

dodge

Your continuous lying casts great doubt on your claim to be "in Christ".

You are a poser.

YOUR opinion and errors and deceptions did NOT place me in the B.O.C., and your UN-Godly caustic rhetoric CANNOT remove me from the B.O.C..

Your cult has so destroyed the Holiness and message( Gospel) of God I seriously doubt any loyalty to God in your ilk . The only loyalties you display are to yourself and the deceptions you advocate and promote.

Right Divider

Body part
YOUR opinion and errors and deceptions did NOT place me in the B.O.C., and your UN-Godly caustic rhetoric CANNOT remove me from the B.O.C..

Your cult has so destroyed the Holiness and message( Gospel) of God I seriously doubt any loyalty to God in your ilk . The only loyalties you display are to yourself and the deceptions you advocate and promote.
You are completely self-deceived.

Danoh

Danoh, I am addressing what I see here on this forum, and not universally as I have no clue what about "others" that I do not see nor read !

One here on TOL actually tied Paul to "I AM " , which is nothing short of blasphemy.

lol - in your own words there - not OTHERS but you.

Not ALL MADs, but one.

Proving your "one size fits all" meter, has a leak in it - you've gotten "double-standard" all over your blue suede shoes, there, bro :chuckle:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for admitting that there are multiple gospels. You're not as confused as some people here.
Especially if I'm talking with a non-Christian, whenever "the Gospel" comes up, it's that "He is risen." I don't go into the "gospel of the kingdom," or, "Paul's gospel," or whatever else we Christians may discuss internally, since that might at best, serve to persuade them that Christianity is a very diverse and educated faith, but at worst, and more likely, it'd distract or confuse or even bore them, introducing subtle details and distinctions into my primary witness, which is that He is risen.

I try to avoid glazed looks. :)

I appreciated your reluctant compliment. :e4e:

jsanford108

Utter hogwash!

LOL you're funny.

No, it is true. I do not think I am the only one who holds the truth. That would be ignorant and preposterous. This is an attribute you are claiming I make, so that you can knock it down. (This is called the "Straw Man fallacy") The fact is that I do not hold some pre-existing truth, absent of evidence or logic, as a foundation of belief. As I stated before, it can be demonstrated.

All you do is deny and dismiss, never putting forth evidence that disputes my claims, and supports your own.

Peter denied that he would deny Christ. But that didn't make it true, did it? Likewise, you simply deny logic, history, and demonstrations that highlight your lack of reasons. This is simply arrogant and ignorant.

So rather than simply chuckling to yourself and utilizing acronyms in an attempt to show higher cognitive ability, simply provide reason and evidence.

(If you wish to add input on how I could "come clean about my 'church,'" feel free; I would love to see some alternative history that exists apart from reality)

dodge

lol - in your own words there - not OTHERS but you.

Not ALL MADs, but one.

Proving your "one size fits all" meter, has a leak in it - you've gotten "double-standard" all over your blue suede shoes, there, bro :chuckle:

All MAD (on TOL ) has done is create a second "GOSPEL' that does not exist. Promote and elevate Paul above the teachings of Jesus as revealed in the 4 Gospels . Accuse anyone NOT in there cult of being OUT of the B.O.C.. Nit pick at the bible until nothing means what it clearly says to promote something so totally irrelevant to any one in Christ as being done here on TOL.

The whole message and good news of the Gospel is perverted by MAD (here on ToL ) from being offered salvation through repentance and turning from sin to God by placing ones faith in Christ Jesus to bickering about what "new knowledge" some falsely claim to be of such momentous importance when in actuality EVERYTHING consists of and through Jesus the Christ in truth concerning God.

Double standard ? I don't address what YOU believe the true version of MAD actually is, because that is NOT what is being addressed on TOL ( according to you ). Salvation is and of Jesus that is what Paul preached, taught, and pointed others to. In all seriousness can you not understand that MAD itself is promoting an Apostle to a place he himself taught against ? Paul taught to follow Jesus as he himself followed Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
Especially if I'm talking with a non-Christian, whenever "the Gospel" comes up, it's that "He is risen." I don't go into the "gospel of the kingdom," or, "Paul's gospel," or whatever else we Christians may discuss internally, since that might at best, serve to persuade them that Christianity is a very diverse and educated faith, but at worst, and more likely, it'd distract or confuse or even bore them, introducing subtle details and distinctions into my primary witness, which is that He is risen.

I try to avoid glazed looks. :)
I appreciated your reluctant compliment. :e4e:
Well... if you're going to preach the gospel today, you'd better be preaching the gospel of the grace of God.

Danoh

All MAD (on TOL ) has done is create a second "GOSPEL' that does not exist. Promote and elevate Paul above the teachings of Jesus as revealed in the 4 Gospels . Accuse anyone NOT in there cult of being OUT of the B.O.C.. Nit pick at the bible until nothing means what it clearly says to promote something so totally irrelevant to any one in Christ as being done here on TOL.

The whole message and good news of the Gospel is perverted by MAD (here on ToL ) from being offered salvation through repentance and turning from sin to God by placing ones faith in Christ Jesus to bickering about what "new knowledge" some falsely claim to be of such momentous importance when in actuality EVERYTHING consists of and through Jesus the Christ in truth concerning God.

Double standard ? I don't address what YOU believe the true version of MAD actually is, because that is NOT what is being addressed on TOL ( according to you ). Salvation is and of Jesus that is what Paul preached, taught, and pointed others to. In all seriousness can you not understand that MAD itself is promoting an Apostle to a place he himself taught against ? Paul taught to follow Jesus as he himself followed Jesus.

Let me know when you have given the pdf/book "Things That Differ" the benefit of the doubt you would your assertions be given - after you have actually read it...

Acts 17:11-12.