ECT What is the Gospel?

Wick Stick

It seems the intractable debate of this forum is whether there is 1 gospel or 2.

Rather than talking around the problem or attacking each other, can we just cut to the chase?

What gospel did Jesus preach?

What gospel did Paul preach?

How are they the same/different?

DAN P

It seems the intractable debate of this forum is whether there is 1 gospel or 2.

Rather than talking around the problem or attacking each other, can we just cut to the chase?

Hi and Jesus preached the Kngdom of Heaven , Matt 4:17 , He bagan to preach and to say , REPENT for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand !!

Paul was saved by GRACE in Gal 1:15 and calls it MY GOSPEL IN Rom 16:25 and also called the Gospel of the UN-CIRCUMCISION in Gal 2:7

They are different !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Mark 1:14-15 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.”​

Acts 20:25 And indeed, now I know that you all among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God will see my face no more.​

Things that are the same are not different.

Wick Stick

To give my own understanding, I believe they preached the same thing, though not to the same audience.

Jesus' gospel is, as both of you said, the kingdom of God. Specifically, that the kingdom of God is not faraway, but rather within us - that God lives and moves and works through man.

Luke 17:21 - The kingdom of God is within you.

Paul's gospel states the union of God and man in Christ, as well.

1Corinthians 12:27 - You are the body of Christ, and members in particular

Which is to say the same thing. God is not absent. His body can be seen to act in the world, once we recognize God's body is made up people, just as people's bodies are made up of cells.

DAN P

Wick Stick;4818133e. Luke 17:21 - The kingdom of God is within you. [/QUOTE said:
Hi and that is not what Luke 17:21 means and the Greek word ENTOS /WITHIN means the Kingdom is in your MIDST and that means Christ is the Kingdom and NOT man !!

dan p

Wick Stick

Hi and that is not what Luke 17:21 means and the Greek word ENTOS /WITHIN means the Kingdom is in your MIDST and that means Christ is the Kingdom and NOT man !!
You cannot separate the two. If Christ is the castle, we are the bricks. If Christ is the body, we are its parts. You can't have one without the other.

DAN P

You cannot separate the two. If Christ is the castle, we are the bricks. If Christ is the body, we are its parts. You can't have one without the other.

Hi and since I am the NIT PICKER I can separate what I want , because I practice 2 Tim 2:15 !!

#1 , First point is your CONTEXT is wrong as the CONTEXT is Israel and not the Body of Christ !!

In Luke 17:21 3 verbs are in the AORIST TENSE or the Past tense , in Jesus ministry , PERIOD !!

I just love the first verb , because it is in the FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD OF A FACT !!

It is in the FUTURE TENSE because Israel will be SET ASIDE as Isa 6 and Luke 13:6-9 says they are and many other verses !!

That is why we are DISPENSATIONALIST and NOT PENGTECOSTALS or Acts 2 people !!

It is obviously , you are not Dispensational or you would IMITATE Paul as refernence in 1 Cor 12:1 !!

dan p

Wick Stick

Hi and since I am the NIT PICKER I can separate what I want , because I practice 2 Tim 2:15 !!

#1 , First point is your CONTEXT is wrong as the CONTEXT is Israel and not the Body of Christ !!

In Luke 17:21 3 verbs are in the AORIST TENSE or the Past tense , in Jesus ministry , PERIOD !!

I just love the first verb , because it is in the FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD OF A FACT !!

It is in the FUTURE TENSE because Israel will be SET ASIDE as Isa 6 and Luke 13:6-9 says they are and many other verses !!

That is why we are DISPENSATIONALIST and NOT PENGTECOSTALS or Acts 2 people !!

It is obviously , you are not Dispensational or you would IMITATE Paul as refernence in 1 Cor 12:1 !!

dan p
Well, I guess you can, in your own mind. But when that doesn't correspond with reality, that's called imagination.

Picking on a word here or there from one verse or another isn't very compelling. The whole message of multiple books of the Bible is the same. Will you re-interpret a dozen books of the Bible, one word at a time?

Here's a couple more for you to 'splain away:

1 Peter 2:4-6 describes the incarnation of God in mankind using the metaphor of a temple made of stones. God lives in the temple, which is made out of people.

Matthew 18:20 says it outright: Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am.

DAN P

Well, people.

Matthew 18:20 says it outright: Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am.

Hi and lets take the easy one first !!

In Gal 3:28 we ARE / ESTE "in CHRIST " !!

The Greek word ESTE means it it is in Greek PRESENT CONTINOUIS as we are FOREVER in Christ OR OSAS and we are MEMBERS of His Body , so it is better to be in CHRIST and then have to wait for others to join you , so Christ can be in your MIDST ??

That is for Israel and not the Body of Christ and the NIT PICKER approves this message !!

dan p

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
1Corinthians 12:27 - You are the body of Christ, and members in particular

Which is to say the same thing. God is not absent. His body can be seen to act in the world, once we recognize God's body is made up people, just as people's bodies are made up of cells.
The Body of Christ is His Body, because she is His Bride. Ephesians 5:30-32 (KJV)

DAN P

The Body of Christ is His Body, because she is His Bride. Ephesians 5:30-32 (KJV)

Hi and I just love to NIT PICK as Eph 5:30 is not the Bride of Christ !!

To see who is the Bride , read Jer 3:8 as Christ is married to Israel !!

dan p

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Since we are discussing the gospel we should realize that the writer of Hebrews said:

Hebrews 4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.​

What was the gospel preached to them? It was the gospel of his kingdom.

Exodus 19:6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.​

But there was a problem, the people were immersed in Egyptian culture and religion. They didn't know how to be a kingdom of priests and because of their background they lacked faith in the God of Jacob.

We have the same offer today they were given, but because of Egyptian religion regarding worship on the day of the sun many today are short on faith to believe the gospel of his kingdom.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Revelation 5:10 And have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with Him a thousand years.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

What you don't realize is that death of either party terminates a marriage.

So who is Christ's bride?

Romans 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ that you may be married to another — to Him who was raised from the dead that we should bear fruit to God.​

MWood

Hi and I just love to NIT PICK as Eph 5:30 is not the Bride of Christ !!

dan p
In another book you will find the exact wording for the Bride. Read it. Rev.21:9-10. KJV. Check it out.

DAN P

In another book you will find the exact wording for the Bride. Read it. Rev.21:9-10. KJV. Check it out.

Hi and I do know about Rev 2o and John 3:28 and 29 and Jer 3:8 !!

And in Rom 7;4 THE KJV translates it MARRIED and this Greek has many Transliterated words , like 16 !

I will always be NKIT PICKER , just love it !!

Good to see some else is PICKING TO !!

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, I guess you can, in your own mind. But when that doesn't correspond with reality, that's called imagination.

Picking on a word here or there from one verse or another isn't very compelling. The whole message of multiple books of the Bible is the same. Will you re-interpret a dozen books of the Bible, one word at a time?

Here's a couple more for you to 'splain away:

1 Peter 2:4-6 describes the incarnation of God in mankind using the metaphor of a temple made of stones. God lives in the temple, which is made out of people.

Why did you ask the question and start a thread when you already know everything, dummy?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

There is but one Gospel. In a fast food society that likes just snippets it is wrong to assume that but the concise summary of the Gospel in 1 Cor 15 is the only time that Paul calls something "the Gospel". For example, the entire letter of Romans is repeatedly referred to by Paul as "my Gospel".

There may be a shorthand way of saying certain things to people that already understand something, but there are no shortcuts by just saying a minimal number of words to a listener and assuming that the person listening has understood the Gospel. Sentences in the scriptures are not incantations. We are called to press these things into the understanding of our hearers and explain and argue for certain ideas. We may start out with something very basic but will have to give further explanation or correction of something if somebody is inferring something improperly.

Just consider what should be presupposed in a concise statement of the Gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. For example, "sins" presupposes a moral inability; "our" presupposes a marking out of persons, "died for" presupposes particularization of persons; "rose again" presupposes a calling that is effective and perseverance. If a person develops an understanding which undermines this basic theological framework he or she denies the basis of the Gospel and thereby weakens one's own faith.

At the end of the day, people need to stop and consider how one could accurately present any Gospel that denied man's rebellion in sin, the right of God to punish men for their sin, God's sending of Christ out of His mere grace and not for anything they deserved, Christ dying on a Cross for Sin satisfying the wrath of God for the ones who believe, Christ saving to the uttermost all who are drawn near, God loving us before we loved him, or even the power of the Gospel to be the source of life.

AMR

beloved57

Its only One Gospel, and Paul preached the same Gospel Jesus Preached, in fact Jesus revealed to Paul the Gospel Gal 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.