ECT What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

And EVERY promise of GOD must be legit or we can't count on any of them.

Since Jesus came all cut off Israelites are BOUND OVER WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD, those who are condemned, like the Gentiles already were, and still are, until they come to God through Jesus. All must come to God the same way, through belief and obedience to Jesus Christ; all this BEFORE Jesus comes again, for he comes as a thief in the night---NOT TO BEAR SIN, but to give salvation to those waiting for him, those who know him by faith and obedience before he comes again.

All the earthy land promises to Abraham was fulfilled.

Abraham was looking to a heavenly city.

Hebrews 11:12 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

Hebrews 11:16
Instead, they were longing for a better country, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
Hebrews 12:22
Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to myriads of angels

Hebrews 13:14
For here we do not have a permanent city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

Revelation 21:2
I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The scriptures show each of the promises, the promise of a great nation, the earthly land promises, and the spiritual promises. The spiritual promises are the utmost of importance, the inheritance of the kingdom of God.
See Genesis 12:1-7; 13:14-17; 15:5-21; 17:2-8; 18:18; 22:17-18; 24:7; 26:3-4; 18:4, 13, 14; 35:12;46:3, 4; Exodus 6:2-8; 12-25; 13:5; 23:31; 32:15; 35:1.

God's Truth

Really? There has to be faith? No kidding.... Is this sometimes that was just newly revealed in Romans?

Romans 9:6 is EXCLUSIONARY. It is NOT making a mystic magic "Israel" out of gentiles.

QUOTE me and we might be able to discuss what you THINK that I said.

God has ALWAYS been the God of ALL people and YET He chose Israel for a purpose and separated THEM from other people. You have no clue what that purpose is.

Rom 11:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Do you think that God has now cast away His people?

Rom 11:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:15) For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead?

What is "the receiving of them"?

God cut off faithless Jews BEFORE Jesus started his earthly ministry and bound them to where the
Gentiles were, to disobedience.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Paul is explaining that God did not cast away Jews forever.

Paul is explaining that God did not forsake His people, though it must have seemed as if no Jews were going to turn to Christ and be saved. Remember, God cut off and hardened unbelieving Jews while Jesus was on earth. Paul explains that God did not forsake his people, for Paul is proof of that, since he is a Jew himself.

All Israel will be saved means there are ethnic Jews who will be saved too. God did not disallow a Jew with faith to be saved on account of being a Jew. It does not mean every single person from Israel will be saved. It means ALL who have faith and obey Jesus are Israel; and Jews are not excluded; hence, all Israel will be saved.

All Israel will be saved is about God not cutting off all Israelites. It must have seemed as if none of them who were biologically related to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would be saved. However, Paul reminds the reader that God has not forgotten the race of people that He foreknew. Paul confirms this by telling us that he himself is an Israelite.

All Israel will be saved means those who are Israelites will have the chance to be saved through faith, so that no potential true Israelite (by blood and faith) will be excluded...thus, all Israel will be saved.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God gave promises of the future while Israel was in captivity in Babylon after they had inherited the land formerly.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Rom 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God gave promises of the future while Israel was in captivity in Babylon after they had inherited the land formerly.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Rom 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
Nobody disputes that.
But those were not the only promises GOD made.

Interplanner

Then why doesn't it matter if God expressly says everything promised to Israel is fulfilled in the resurrection ? Why does your team routinely dismiss that? Acts 13, Rom 15.

Because you mean 2P2P when you say 'Bible.'

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nobody disputes that.
But those were not the only promises GOD made.

Yeah,

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Interplanner

Promise or promises?

It is treated collectively like Gal 3:17. It does mean to inherit the NHNE (Rom 4, Heb 11) but before that it means acceptance before God so that you can. That's why justification and inheritance are very tight.

Don't worry, it's not a back door to 2P2P.