What is the express image of God?

StanJ

If God is a spirit his EXACT Representation is also a spirit.

Are you smart enough to understand that?

Jesus was a man, not a spirit.

Christ was IN Jesus from his anointing.

Think Stan, Think.

Christ (WORD) became flesh. To become flesh you have to be something else.

Again not understand the proper connotation of the Greek is YOUR problem not mine. Maybe you should learn the definition of 'representation' and 'nature'?

Christ is NOT the WORD, the WORD became Christ.

You truly exemplify Mark 4:12 (NIV) but will never benefit from Isaiah 35:5 (NIV)

keypurr

Some of this things my dear friend, keypurr, has said:

Someone else has gathered most of these. I don’t remember who, so cannot give this person credit.

keypurr has declared, “Jesus Christ has a God.” Therefore, keypurr is declaring that he has no Savior, for only God can save.

keypurr believes that a created being created everything.

keypurr believes that Jesus Christ is POSSESSED by a Christ spirit.

keypurr believes that Jesus' body has TWO spirits at one time as keypurr claim that the "Christ spirit" did NOT possess the body of Jesus until Jesus' was water baptized.

keypurr says that he has received a 'new revelation' that no one else in the whole world has but him.

keypurr does not believe that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh.

keypurr believes that Jesus Christ had no power at all until His baptism.
All that heard Him (at the age of 12 years old) were astonished at his understanding and answers (Luke 2:41-52).

keypurr believes that all who believe in God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) should abandon their belief and take up keypurr's 'new revelation'.

keypurr has declared, “I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord but NOT my God.”

keypurr has never explained what happened to the spirit that inhabited the body of Jesus before Jesus’ body was possessed by the Christ spirit at his water baptism.

keypurr has declared “Wrong, a created spirit DID POSSESS Jesus. That is how Christ took the form of man.”

keypurr has declared “Jesus Christ was a god. Moses was a god.”

keypurr believes in what Jesus Christ has NOT said of Himself but does not believe what Jesus Christ has declared of Himself --- ‘I am’.

Clang Clang what a stupid post.

You full of lies and misconcrptions.

Your God has God, if you do not see that you are blind.

My God sent your God to earth. Your God obeys my God.

Your still in the milk of theology, your not ready for the meat yet.

keypurr

Again not understand the proper connotation of the Greek is YOUR problem not mine. Maybe you should learn the definition of 'representation' and 'nature'?

Christ is NOT the WORD, the WORD became Christ.

You truly exemplify Mark 4:12 (NIV) but will never benefit from Isaiah 35:5 (NIV)

Stan, again and again you display your ignorance of the content of scripture.

The WORD became FLESH Stan.
Christ became flesh in the body prepared for him.

You just do not understand that do you?

StanJ

Stan, again and again you display your ignorance of the content of scripture.

The WORD became FLESH Stan.
Christ became flesh in the body prepared for him.

You just do not understand that do you?

You keep telling yourself that keypurr if it keeps your cognitive dissonance at bay.

The WORD is NOT Christ...The WORD is God. Christ is a title, NOT a name for God. Here's a link you can read if you're that ignorant of Christianity 101? http://www.gotquestions.org/what-does-Christ-mean.html

What irks you the most, is that I DO understand and refute you at EVERY turn. Too bad! That's your choice to make fallacious assertions all the time.
My DUTY is to show you and anyone who has a real desire to know, that God's WORD refutes your assertions.

keypurr

You keep telling yourself that keypurr if it keeps your cognitive dissonance at bay.

The WORD is NOT Christ...The WORD is God. Christ is a title, NOT a name for God. Here's a link you can read if you're that ignorant of Christianity 101? http://www.gotquestions.org/what-does-Christ-mean.html

What irks you the most, is that I DO understand and refute you at EVERY turn. Too bad! That's your choice to make fallacious assertions all the time.
My DUTY is to show you and anyone who has a real desire to know, that God's WORD refutes your assertions.

No, what irks me is that SATAN done a great job of mixing up the minds of idiots. Your just a hopeless case.

keypurr

Does JesusChrist have a God?

OLD TESTAMENT MESSIANIC PROPHESIES
Psalm 89:26-28 - "He (the Messiah) shall say of me. "You are my father, my God, my rock, my savior". And I will make him the firstborn."

Micah 5:3-4 - "He (the Messiah) shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD, in the Majestic name of the LORD, his God."

Psalm 22:10-11 - "To you I was committed at birth. From my mother’s womb you are my God."

NEW TESTAMENT
Jesus Speaking:[/B]
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."

StanJ

No, what irks me is that SATAN done a great job of mixing up the minds of idiots. Your just a hopeless case.

You're now projecting keypurr...no need to call yourself an idiot...there's a lot of others who will do it for you, including me.

StanJ

Does JesusChrist have a God?

Good, now that you answered this question of your own making for the 1000th time, which I'm sure we all agree on that Jesus had a God who was His father, how about answering the question as to who Jesus ALSO was?

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
John 1:18

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
John 8:58
“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
Exodus 3:14
God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
Heb 1:8
But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.”
2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
2 Peter 1:11
and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 2:20
If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.
2 Peter 3:2
I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
Col 1:19-20

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Col 1:9-10
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
Titus 1:3
and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Titus 1:4
To Titus, my true son in our common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
Titus 2:10
and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.
Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Titus 3:4
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared,
Titus 3:6
whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior
Is 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Is 43:11-12
I, yes I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I’ve revealed and saved and proclaimed, when there was no foreign god among you — and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD.

Are these scriptures true or not keypurr, or is your limited near sightedness only able to see what you want to see?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure you know by now that I hate repeating myself, especially to those who have read it all before.

Yes He was, AND much more.

Yes, based on the facts in Heb 1:3 (NIV)

Yes there were, along with over 500 metaphors in the Bible. They all are metaphors, but God is NOT a metaphor.

The passage in Hebrews 1:3 is NOT a "fact." It is faith language and your mistake is taking it literally.

lifeisgood

You assume so much more than is written, you will never see truth that way. Jesus was born to Mary into the world that God created through Christ. You fail to see that CHRIST spoke through Jesus.

The Father said
Psalm 102:25-27King James Version (KJV)
25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

====
The Father said of His Son, Jesus Christ:
Hebrews 1:11-12King James Version (KJV)
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

lifeisgood

You assume so much more than is written, you will never see truth that way. Jesus was born to Mary into the world that God created through Christ. You fail to see that CHRIST spoke through Jesus.

You have not answered the question.

When exactly did Jesus say He was the Christ? NEVER, but you believe it.

When did Jesus say He was the Messiah? NEVER, but you believe it.

When did Jesus say He was the Lord? NEVER, but you believe it.

You have declared vociferously that you believe He is your Christ, your Messiah, your Lord, but you REJECT Him as your 'I am'.

If Jesus Christ is NOT your 'I am' as Jesus Christ Himself attest, he CANNOT BE your Christ, your Messiah, your Lord as you attest because you have rejected His foundation.

====

You should consider what Jesus Christ said of Himself --- I am --- and about Himself:

Abraham SAW JESUS CHRIST and HIS DAY and Abraham REJOICED.

John 8:58. Jesus said, “Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am”, which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth. Jesus Christ said so Himself.

You have REJECTED the Truth for a lie of your own machination.

=====

P.S. Not screaming when using upper case.

lifeisgood

The passage in Hebrews 1:3 is NOT a "fact." It is faith language and your mistake is taking it literally.

The Father said
25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

====

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have given you an extensive study on this same question.
If you are still asking is because you have not taken the time to study the answer.

Your extensive study is finding the way to pervert salvation.

Identification of God and Jesus does not need extensive study.

Jesus stated clearly and simply.

keypurr

I have given you an extensive study on this same question.

If you are still asking is because you have not taken the time to study the answer.

Just in case you have missed it somehow:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_jesus_having_a_god.htm

Jesus has a God and so does Christ.

Jesus was a man who came onto existence when he was born to Mary. He was not at the creation. Christ is a spiritual son who was God's first creation. That you have a problem with. You do not see the son that was sent by God from heaven to dwell in the flesh son on earth. Without seeing that you will never understand that Christ, the son of man, came down to us and spoke through Jesus. The combined Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins. Jesus Christ is a two fold being. One human and one spirit. The spirit comes from above, the human from earth.it is the spirit that God used to create the Universe, the spirit is a created FORM of God. Hebrews 1 shows God telling you that his son is a god. But he is not the most high God. Remember the words "God, your God......" In that chapter?

There is only one true God, the same God that Christ and Jesus have.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus has a God and so does Christ.

Jesus was a man who came onto existence when he was born to Mary. He was not at the creation. Christ is a spiritual son who was God's first creation. That you have a problem with. You do not see the son that was sent by God from heaven to dwell in the flesh son on earth. Without seeing that you will never understand that Christ, the son of man, came down to us and spoke through Jesus. The combined Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins. Jesus Christ is a two fold being. One human and one spirit. The spirit comes from above, the human from earth.it is the spirit that God used to create the Universe, the spirit is a created FORM of God. Hebrews 1 shows God telling you that his son is a god. But he is not the most high God. Remember the words "God, your God......" In that chapter?

There is only one true God, the same God that Christ and Jesus have.

Jesus has a Father who happens to be God. Our sins are forgiven by the spotless lamb of God, Jesus Christ. As attested by scripture, both the Spirit and Jesus are God. 1 John 5:7-8. Have a nice day

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Father said

====

Again, you are making the same mistake atheists often do: you are trying to force metaphor, myth and theology into rational and logical language.

The sacred writings of religion are just that--sacred. They should be taken for what they are and not declared "factually correct."