What is the express image of God?

Interplanner

As proof to Keypurr of what happened in Jesus trial, if you made one of several claims during that period of Judaism, you were calling yourself God and they stoned you, if they could. I hope that clears up the issue about Jesus.

There is more. There is an "echo." When Paul is describing the evil person who would soon come and ruin Israel by setting up in the temple, he claims to be god, I Thess 1+. Actually what he did was the repeat of Christ, claiming to be Messiah, but he was the evil-christ who was to come. As you know, Christ said several would come and do so.

My point is that we should notice what the response of Judaism was. They (and Paul) took that to mean that his claim to be messiah (three of them did during the Jewish war) was his claim to be God. As proof of the evil state of things during the Jewish revolt, he champions this claim! No one challenges, no one stones him.

keypurr

You split God in two with an ax

No, only God is God, Jesus Christ is his son.

I do not see two Gods, I see one God and one Lord. Just as Paul states. Christ told you in easy to understand words that his Father is the only true God. Your dispute is with him, not me.

keypurr

As proof to Keypurr of what happened in Jesus trial, if you made one of several claims during that period of Judaism, you were calling yourself God and they stoned you, if they could. I hope that clears up the issue about Jesus.

There is more. There is an "echo." When Paul is describing the evil person who would soon come and ruin Israel by setting up in the temple, he claims to be god, I Thess 1+. Actually what he did was the repeat of Christ, claiming to be Messiah, but he was the evil-christ who was to come. As you know, Christ said several would come and do so.

My point is that we should notice what the response of Judaism was. They (and Paul) took that to mean that his claim to be messiah (three of them did during the Jewish war) was his claim to be God. As proof of the evil state of things during the Jewish revolt, he champions this claim! No one challenges, no one stones him.

The Jews thought that being the son as he said he was, was claiming to be God. But we know better than that. Jesus never said he was God. He did admit to being the son of God, the Christ, the Messiah, the one who was to come.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

OT people did not understand the Christ. That's why He was crucified.

keypurr

Who is the Messiah?

The anointed one of God. God sent his son to be the Messiah, or teacher, or Christ. He did not come himself. He sent his son to become flesh and bring light to our darkness. The son is not God but comes from God. God speaks through the son and the son spoke through Jesus.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The anointed one of God. God sent his son to be the Messiah, or teacher, or Christ. He did not come himself. He sent his son to become flesh and bring light to our darkness. The son is not God but comes from God. God speaks through the son and the son spoke through Jesus.
mes·si·ah
məˈsīə/Submit
noun
the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.
a leader or savior of a particular group or cause.
"he was regarded as a messiah by liberal and conservatives alike"

If He is deliver and Saviour, He is God.

Isaiah 43:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 I, even I, am the Lord,
And besides Me there is no savior.

keypurr

mes·si·ah
məˈsīə/Submit
noun
the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.
a leader or savior of a particular group or cause.
"he was regarded as a messiah by liberal and conservatives alike"

If He is deliver and Saviour, He is God.

Isaiah 43:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 I, even I, am the Lord,
And besides Me there is no savior.

We have been on this road before friend.

God created Jesus to be the saviour, so they are both saviours.

The General sent the Sargent to do the job. Everything comes from the Father through his son Christ. English translations need to be checked and rechecked. Hebrew and Greek are not the easiest to turn into English.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The General sent the Sargent to do the job. Everything comes from the Father through his son Christ. English translations need to be checked and rechecked. Hebrew and Greek are not the easiest to turn into English.

And you always seem to get it wrong! You have horrendously perverted the text. No one but God is saviour.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

Only one savior . I know Muslims and Mormons, Christian Scientists, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarians, Scientologists, Keypurrians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Seventh Day Adventists -and many others - will not want to hear this, but the Bible declares that Jesus was the FINAL revelation of God to man (Hebrews 1:1-3). There have been no others.

keypurr

And you always seem to get it wrong! You have horrendously perverted the text. No one but God is saviour.

BR, your not understanding the text.

You don't see the content. Everything comes from the FATHER. He created Jesus to be the Lamb, the sacrifice for the sins of man. There would be no Saviour without the Father. So both the Father and Jesus are Saviours. Notice that I post Jesus, not Christ, as the Saviour. The Lamb needed to be a man, not God or a god. So your statement is in error.

I do not get it wrong, I get it in its content. If the Saviour is not human then the cross is moot. It is the human factor that makes the cross complete. God can not die, Jesus could and so could the created spiritual son that was in him.

keypurr

Notice how often he copies and paste repetitively from other sources of men's traditions

Give me a rebuttal Puppet. Show me something that I can not shy away from and will convince me that my thoughts are wrong. I have been repeating my words over and over for at least four years on this subject. No one has come up with a verse that discredits my posts. I was the first one to try, and I failed because my thoughts are true.

keypurr

Only one savior . I know Muslims and Mormons, Christian Scientists, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarians, Scientologists, Keypurrians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Seventh Day Adventists -and many others - will not want to hear this, but the Bible declares that Jesus was the FINAL revelation of God to man (Hebrews 1:1-3). There have been no others.

Why do you down other folks, religions that think in a different manner. Are we not all seeking to understand the words in the Bible. Every church has some truth, none has all truth. So we need to look as evaluate what is available from all and put it all together to find the truth.

Jesus is the final revelation of God to msnkind, there is no need for more.