What is the Devil?

djhow

The devil is what now know as the Ego. Resist your ego and it will flee from you.

When Jesus was preaching in the temples an Ego appeared and said "You are the son of Satan" Jesus's authentic presence was too much for an Ego and sometimes people gave them up in meetings and the ego was cast out.

Ego roars around like a roaring lion

Other Ego's exclaimed that Jesus was the son of God because no Ego could face him without attack or running away.

Lest you be deceived by the ego for it has blinded the eyes of men.

Who is running the church? Ego
Who is running the Government? Ego
Who is the "spiritual" self? Ego

For those who have eyes to see

Do not fear the world, the ego or sin for I have overcome them all

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'd say the Bible is pretty clear that the devil isn't a metaphor, but I'd agree that ego, along with lust and covetousness are extraordinarily powerful appeals/weapons in his arsenal.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Selfishness is the trademark of satan. All sin goes back to self and selfishness, even ego. A better word than ego is selfishness in all forms

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All you have to do is watch those stupid Sonic commercials to know, Hell is real and that what's behind those 2 stupid idiots who make the commercials.

djhow

Yes and the Ego will always resist surrender for the sake of keeping a little sin. It's very clever and comes up with some real hum dingers

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jon_lovitz-devil-snl-48.jpeg