• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

What is the best explanation for Polystrate Fossils?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Your reference describes the Sydney basin in Australia. it is not continent wide See http://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-top...y/petroleum/offshore-eastern-australia/sydney. the geology of the area is a bit more complicated than your reference suggests, and also appears pretty well studied, most likely because coal and petroleum geologists seem interested.

And the follow up question anyway is whether or not there are polystrate fossils found there.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your reference describes the Sydney basin in Australia. it is not continent wide.

As luck would have it, we never described anything as being "continent-wide." We said "continent-sized."

Do try to engage sensibly. :up:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As luck would have it, we never described anything as being "continent-wide." We said "continent-sized."

Do try to engage sensibly. :up:
I suppose he'll get silly and find a layer that is less than continent sized... as if that means anything. Because common descentists are more interested in winning an argument in their own mind than truth.

Right Divider

Body part
I suppose he'll get silly and find a layer that is less than continent sized... as if that means anything. Because common descentists are more interested in winning an argument in their own mind than truth.

Indeed... the point is that there are LARGE areas of sedimentary deposits that are highly consistent throughout the deposit. That is evidence against the gradualist paradigm to which common descendists cling.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Indeed... the point is that there are LARGE areas of sedimentary deposits that are highly consistent throughout the deposit. That is evidence against the gradualist paradigm to which common descendists cling.

Indeed, you are incorrect. Since the earth is billions of years old and geologic processes often, not always, but often, move slowly there is no issue with large areas of similar sedimentary deposits. I suggest you visit your local university's geology department and ask questions

Right Divider

Body part
Indeed, you are incorrect. Since the earth is billions of years old and geologic processes often, not always, but often, move slowly there is no issue with large areas of similar sedimentary deposits. I suggest you visit your local university's geology department and ask questions

It is your pet theory that believes the earth is "billions of years old".

I never said "that there are issues with large sedimentary layers" ... It's the CONSISTENCY of the layers across vast areas that defies gradualism.

I suggest that you stop worshiping your pet theories and local university's geology departments.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jonahdog doesn't seem to know (or believe) that rock layers can be continent-sized. :idunno:

Your reference describes the Sydney basin in Australia. it is not continent wide See http://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-top...y/petroleum/offshore-eastern-australia/sydney. the geology of the area is a bit more complicated than your reference suggests, and also appears pretty well studied, most likely because coal and petroleum geologists seem interested.

And the follow up question anyway is whether or not there are polystrate fossils found there.

https://answersingenesis.org/geology/rock-layers/transcontinental-rock-layers/

I mean, you'd think they'd mean almost exactly the same thing... -sized vs -wide...

​​​​​​​You happy now?

truechristian

BANNED
Banned
Just decided to get active in Christian discussions and seen the opening post on this thread 'plenty of volcanoes during the flood'?
FYI all volcanoes date from after the flood.
If you read Genesis 1:2 you will read GOD made earth as a ball of water - that cool wet stuff? He didn't start with superheated bigbang dust.
Enoch 3:3 also says Earth is filled with water.
FYI volcanoes are actually fires under the crust burning the TRexes, humans, fish, creatures and vegetation sucked into the voids after the geysers of the deeps had stopped spouting?
Volcanoes didn't fire up until some years after the flood when the sun and moon once again raised the undercrust temperature to supercritical level in which organic matter burns without direct oxygen?
That is why volcanoes give off mainly steam and METHANE - from rotting organic matter?
Volcanoes on land are like pans of soup on a stove. The soup heats up under a crust until pressure lifts the crust and boom - soup all over the stovetop?
Once the pressure is released the volcano plugs itself and the lies dormant until the fires have burned wider and raised pressure when the volcano will begin simmering like the soup pan then eventually comes the eruption.
Undersea volcanoes are like black smokers that don't plug but just keep exhausting.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Just decided to get active in Christian discussions and seen the opening post on this thread 'plenty of volcanoes during the flood'?
FYI all volcanoes date from after the flood.
If you read Genesis 1:2 you will read GOD made earth as a ball of water - that cool wet stuff? He didn't start with superheated bigbang dust.
Enoch 3:3 also says Earth is filled with water.
FYI volcanoes are actually fires under the crust burning the TRexes, humans, fish, creatures and vegetation sucked into the voids after the geysers of the deeps had stopped spouting?
Volcanoes didn't fire up until some years after the flood when the sun and moon once again raised the undercrust temperature to supercritical level in which organic matter burns without direct oxygen?
That is why volcanoes give off mainly steam and METHANE - from rotting organic matter?
Volcanoes on land are like pans of soup on a stove. The soup heats up under a crust until pressure lifts the crust and boom - soup all over the stovetop?
Once the pressure is released the volcano plugs itself and the lies dormant until the fires have burned wider and raised pressure when the volcano will begin simmering like the soup pan then eventually comes the eruption.
Undersea volcanoes are like black smokers that don't plug but just keep exhausting.

Wow, just wow

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Appeals to authority are boring and fallacious.

"It's important to note that this fallacy should not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence." - https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

I know that your own expertise on this topic is lacking, and since you reject the consensus of qualified experts, what else can I reasonably conclude except that I am watching the Dunning-Kruger effect play out in real time?