What is "Crucified with Christ"? AKA the infamous Meat and Milk seals debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

graceandpeace

In Romans, Christ has died, and have I died with Him?

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

What do you have to KNOW to be saved?

graceandpeace

Fine.

There is nothing in you that should cause you to sin.

Why does Christ sit as a purifier of His people?

Why did Paul minister to believers if they are all dead and live entirely for Christ?

Yes , our old man IS dead. We in Christ are new creatures.

Why then this sinning in my ear from this board?

LA

Because they teach a gnostic gospel, that would dictate that you must KNOW THE MEAT IN ORDER TO BE SAVED..THEY NEED TO RETURN TO THE MILK, LIKE PAUL SAID.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The irony.

chores031.gif

Oh wait, I read that wrong.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is both accomplished by HIS work, before you are saved, but then He gives you increase in knowledge to understand it.

You do not have this understanding upon initial salvation...in other words this understanding is NOT WHAT SAVES YOU...IT IS WHAT SEALS YOU:

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

They confuse receiving the Holy Spirit with having the Holy Spirit sealed, which is two different things.

It is the meat that seals us or confirms us, so that we can no longer be tossed to and fro.

We are all called to 'test' the spirits, to see if what we believe is truth, and we must do so by being a Berean, and rightly dividing the word of God, which can only be done, IF we hear HIS voice over men..

We all have the freewill to place the voices of men, above and beyond HIS, which is why many are apostate.
Do you understand what you are arguing against?

My understanding is that you are coming up with your own ideas and trying to throw them in God's face. Only you don't realize what you are doing because you are so determined to do it.

graceandpeace

Do you understand what you are arguing against?

My understanding is that you are coming up with your own ideas and trying to throw them in God's face. Only you don't realize what you are doing because you are so determined to do it.

I am not coming up with my own ideas. I have provided verses for every FACT that I have states..what is it that you are not yet understanding?

What do you think I am throwing in God's face?

Let's begin there, and, I will once again provide the verse.

:thumb:

graceandpeace

Are you saying there is particular knowledge that will "get you in"?

NO....I am saying there is a knowledge/meat, that will get you SEALED.

Receiving the Holy Spirit is NOT being sealed in it.

The meat seals the SAME Holy SPIRIT that you already possess upon salvation, being born again.

Jesus said it is the meat that seals...so that you won't be tossed any longer by every wind of doctrine, the bible NO WHERE teaches that the initial receiving of the Holy Spirit is the SEALING of the Holy Spirit.

How many times do I have to post the verse?

Do a biblical word study on the word, "sealed", it means, confirmed; matured.

It does not mean, received the Holy Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am not coming up with my own ideas. I have provided verses for every FACT that I have states..what is it that you are not yet understanding?

What do you think I am throwing in God's face?

Let's begin there, and, I will once again provide the verse.

:thumb:
You spoke about people who "have the Holy Spirit but have not yet been sealed", focusing on the word "meat" in an isolated verse, and relating it your prior understanding which involves maturity, such that it takes effort on behalf of the believer in order to attain "the status that you have".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
NO....I am saying there is a knowledge/meat, that will get you SEALED.

Receiving the Holy Spirit is NOT being sealed in it.

The meat seals the SAME Holy SPIRIT that you already possess upon salvation, being born again.

Jesus said it is the meat that seals...so that you won't be tossed any longer by every wind of doctrine, the bible NO WHERE teaches that the initial receiving of the Holy Spirit is the SEALING of the Holy Spirit.

How many times do I have to post the verse?

Do a biblical word study on the word, "sealed", it means, confirmed; matured.

It does not mean, received the Holy Spirit.
Which verse do you feel you "have to post"?

Can you post the verses that have to do with being sealed by the Holy Spirit?

graceandpeace

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Only when you have meat are you sealed.

Some only have milk/initial salvation, and they can fall for other gospels..because they are not yet confirmed/matured in the faith.

It is so simple a baby could understand it, IF they wanted to.

The problem? No wants to understand, they want to hear men....who tell them lies that they can never fall.

Sorry, but Jesus is right, and YOU are wrong.

graceandpeace

You spoke about people who "have the Holy Spirit but have not yet been sealed", focusing on the word "meat" in an isolated verse, and relating it your prior understanding which involves maturity, such that it takes effort on behalf of the believer in order to attain "the status that you have".

Does 'work out your own salvation with fear and trembling' mean anything to you?

God demands YOU do your part.

Responsibility comes with being saved.

Sad that most want nothing to do with what He commands.

Sad that they just want the free gift, when salvation also entails being a LIGHT.

Most put that light under a bushel, and have become good for NOTHING...from out former communications, I know that you think that 'Light' is the law of moses/torah..which is an absolute lie. The Light is LOVE, and faith is the key.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You want every verse on it?

Why should I do your homework?
You don't seem to know what the verses are that you are speaking against.

2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Glad to be of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.