ECT What is a New Testament Christian?

Cross Reference

The type of Christian experience in the New Testament is that of personal, passionate devotion to the Person of Jesus Christ.

Right or wrong?

Truster

Wrong?? What's wrong; what part?

You have no spiritual trust and so you continually speculate on which doctrines are correct based on your feeble opinions.

You also have no spiritual understanding of what words actually mean and so you also speculate on this.

Paul warns Timothy about people like you:

''From which some having misaimed, have turned aside unto mataeology; having willed to be doctors of the torah; comprehending neither what they word nor about which they thoroughly affirm''.

Cross Reference

You have no spiritual trust and so you continually speculate on which doctrines are correct based on your feeble opinions.

You also have no spiritual understanding of what words actually mean and so you also speculate on this.

Paul warns Timothy about people like you:

''From which some having misaimed, have turned aside unto mataeology; having willed to be doctors of the torah; comprehending neither what they word nor about which they thoroughly affirm''.

AGAIN I ask: What part do you have a problem with?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The type of Christian experience in the New Testament is that of personal, passionate devotion to the Person of Jesus Christ.

Right or wrong?

That is true.

It requires that one has received a personal invitation from Him and that one has done what He has said to do in order to enter His covenant.

So many are only presumers today, with no actual experience in the Love of God.

LA

Bradley D

Right or wrong?

It is the same as King David told his son Solomon.

"acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever" (1 Chronicles 28:9).

When I turned my life over to Christ it is complete devotion to Him not anything or anyone else. Anything that conflicts must be rejected.

Unfortunately, Solomon did not do that. Thus, after Solomon died the kingdom was divided, eventually destroyed, and its people taken away.

Cross Reference

That is true.

It requires that one has received a personal invitation from Him and that one has done what He has said to do in order to enter His covenant.

So many are only presumers today, with no actual experience in the Love of God.

LA

Yes. And I would say that the "New birth" was that invitation from Jesus for one to enter into covenant relationship with Him. Here:

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, . . ." Luke 14:26-29 (ESV)

Obviously, that is not speaking of one responding to an alter call.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK. What do you believe the evidence should be?

The Spirit of Christ is proven by obedience to his instructions.

And the dragon was enraged with the woman and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (Revelation 12:17 NKJV)​

Cross Reference

The Spirit of Christ is proven by obedience to his instructions.

And the dragon was enraged with the woman and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (Revelation 12:17 NKJV)​

I know that passage but, don't see the connection.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever" (1 Chronicles 28:9).

This rules out....everybody.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You just want to bring everyone down to your level.

Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

As it is written, except you, Lazy Afternoon, meshak, turbosixx, andyc...

Cross Reference

Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

As it is written, except you, Lazy Afternoon, meshak, turbosixx, andyc...

Why not quote a valid verse of scripture that might fit whatever it is you are trying to convey?