What if God doesn't want to make American great again?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
UeaMJwj.jpg

A wall with his brand on it.

A great big egotastic T and a little flag on the lapel for "let's pretend."

Great way to illustrate how this is all about Trump and his ego and his cult of personality. Bravo.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Well, this is the point. I don't think any country is 'great'. I think for those of us who happen to live in the West at least that we're fortunate enough to live in societies that afford far greater personal liberties and freedoms than those who live in the third world or totalitarian states. But that doesn't negate the flaws of our societies either. The way the vulnerable and less well off are often targets for government cutbacks and homelessness etc just to mention a couple.

what would it take for you to call a country 'great'? is there anything?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...erica-great-again_us_578b037be4b0e7c873504a05

I enjoyed this article. I think it's appropriate both for the political arena and in the religious arena with prosperity preachers like Osteen.

I've actually seen someone on Facebook wonder if Trump's unexpected and unorthodox rise could be the work of God. I don't know how widespread that belief is. Maybe God does want Trump in power, but maybe it's not in order to make America 'great' again. Too many Christians appear to put their hope in a political party or success instead of the gospel.

Good article, i agree with it. I believe America to be under judgment for rejection of God.

The only thing that will make America great is mass repentance, turning their hearts to God and desiring His will instead of pushing Him further and further from our lives.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
what would it take for you to call a country 'great'? is there anything?

sobriety might be a good place to start :)

apparently saving his crappy little country from being a province of Germany - twice - doesn't count

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good article, i agree with it. I believe America to be under judgment for rejection of God.

The only thing that will make America great is mass repentance, turning their hearts to God and desiring His will instead of pushing Him further and further from our lives.
I think the rest of the world has rejected God more than America -

ClimateSanity

Great way to illustrate how this is all about Trump and his ego and his cult of personality. Bravo.

What about all the schools with various names on them? If the wall is built, who will be largely responsible for it?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Indeed ... though we already knew that ...

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
sobriety might be a good place to start :)

apparently saving his crappy little country from being a province of Germany - twice - doesn't count
America didn't defeat Nazi Germany - the Soviets did!

By D-Day (June 6th, 1944), the German military had already been reduced to a "spent force" and was in a general retreat all along the Eastern Front.

It could be argued that the real purpose D-Day was as much to prevent the Russian army from invading Western Europe as it was to defeat the 3rd Reich!

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
America didn't defeat Nazi Germany - the Soviets did!

By D-Day (June 6th, 1944), the German military had already been reduced to a "spent force" and was in a general retreat all along the Eastern Front.

It could be argued that the real purpose D-Day was as much to prevent the Russian army from invading Western Europe as it was to defeat the 3rd Reich!

How did the Russian army advance? Studebaker trucks. :)