What if climate change is real and human caused--what should Christians do about it?

genuineoriginal

Verses about Global Warming from the Bible:

Isaiah 30:26
26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.​

Revelation 16:8-9
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.​

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Verses about Global Warming from the Bible:

Isaiah 30:26
26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.​

Revelation 16:8-9
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.​

But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
II Peter 3:7 NKJV​

Gary K

Banned
Isaiah 51:6 [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.[/FONT]

It's pretty plain from this text that the earth wearing out was foretold long, long ago.

I don't know who has seen the following study but it looks interesting to me. It demonstrates that earth's rises and falls in temperature is due to the variation in the output of sun and a large miscalculation in atmospheric pressure. This theory, if other scientists can repeat the results will blow anthropomorphic global warming out of the water.

The following link is to a downloadable copy of the paper. It was published in 2017.

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...-an-Empirical-Planetary-Temperature-Model.pdf

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
II Peter 3:7 NKJV​
Over in Taiwan, do you get the air pollution /smog that pervades the Hong Kong /Shenzen /Guangzhou area, or are blue skies fairly common where you are?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
What if climate change is real and human caused--what should Christians do about it?

What if the popularly parroted phrase, "climate change", is really meaningless, and is just one, more, sorry prop in a vast ploy to divert the attention of people, especially that of Christians, away from truth and away from endeavoring to serve God?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Since Christianity in general teaches its followers to take care of the environment, then it's clear that Christians will have to find ways to minimize the effects of climate change.

"the effects of climate change"??

Wait a second! I thought that "climate change" was supposed to be an effect. But now we're supposed to worry about the effects of some effect called "climate change", in addition to worrying about "climate change", itself?

Where, in the Bible, is man taught "to take care of the environment"?

What (if anything) do you mean by your phrase, "the environment", and what (if anything) do you mean by your phrase, "take care of the environment"?

I do not even find the word, 'environment', in the Bible, so, of course, the Bible is not going to tell me what (if anything) you imagine you mean by your phrase, "the environment".

Last edited:

Derf

I haven't been that active in this thread (or very many others, either), but here's an interesting article:
Some corals ‘killed’ by climate change are now returning to life
Here's an excerpt.
"It turns out that some corals only look dead when exposed to unusually warm water. Instead, the coral’s polyps shrink and retreat into their hard skeleton, making the reef appear dead, before recolonising the skeleton when conditions are better. It is a survival strategy never seen before in today’s corals – but it may not help the corals as the climate continues to change."

Note the underlined part re. "today's corals". This is apparently a known trait of <some> corals, as explained here:
"We already knew that ancient corals could do this, as their fossils contain the fossilised remains of tiny skeletal structures that formed when the polyps regrew. Until now, however, it wasn’t clear whether today’s corals could."

This is an astounding admission on multiple points.
1. That coral damage from rising temperature is NOT well understood enough to make it a primary evidence of drastic and unrecoverable impacts from climate change
2. That Darwinistic assumptions about corals presume that they had LOST the ability to recover in this way, meaning even Darwinists (at least the coral experts) are very pessimistic about what natural selection can accomplish within a species, much more between species.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This is an astounding admission on multiple points.
1. That coral damage from rising temperature is NOT well understood enough to make it a primary evidence of drastic and unrecoverable impacts from climate change

It's a new phenomenon. So good news that bleaching can be reversible.

2. That Darwinistic assumptions about corals presume that they had LOST the ability to recover in this way,

Darwinian theory predicts that in such climate changes, we should see population crashes, followed by re-population by the survivors.

That's what Darwin wrote. And it's what we're seeing now.

meaning even Darwinists (at least the coral experts) are very pessimistic about what natural selection can accomplish within a species, much more between species.

See above. We should probably apply "Darwinian" to things Darwin actually wrote.

But that's just the scientist talking, I guess.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If under changing conditions of life organic beings present individual differences in almost every part of their structure, and this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to their geometrical rate of increase, a severe struggle for life at some age, season, or year, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of life, causing an infinite diversity in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variations had ever occurred useful to each being's own welfare, in the same manner as so many variations have occurred useful to man.
Charles Darwin On the Origin of Species

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a new phenomenon. So good news that bleaching can be reversible.

Darwinian theory predicts that in such climate changes, we should see population crashes, followed by re-population by the survivors.

That's what Darwin wrote. And it's what we're seeing now.

See above. We should probably apply "Darwinian" to things Darwin actually wrote.

But that's just the scientist talking, I guess.
You think random mutations and natural selection produced this feature in 50-odd years?

Must be that hyper-evolution you Darwinists like to talk about. :chuckle: