What happens at the 1000 Year Millennium?

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
There is much confusion and distortion on what happens at the 1000 Year or the “Millennium" which is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. The Bible shows us these events in Revelation 20 as it describes the Millennium, which is the thousand-year period where Satan's influence over the earth will be restricted, and Christ will come and take his saints to reign with in heaven.

Revelation 20:1-3
"1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

If we look in the Bible, we see Revelation 19 and 20 belong together, there is no break between these chapters. They describe Christ's Second Coming in chapter 19 and immediately continue with the Millennium, their sequence indicating that the millennium begins when Christ returns.

Revelation show the evil powers that gather the nations of the world to oppose Christ's work and His people immediately before the Second Coming, as a dragon, a beast, and a false prophet. When in Revelation 19 the "the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies" assemble to make war against Christ at the time of His return, the beast and the false prophet are destroyed.

Revelation 19:19
"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army."

What follows in Revelation 20, the chapter on the millennium, deals with the fate of the third member of this demonic trio, the dragon. He is taken captive and cast into the bottomless pit, where he remains for 1000 years.

Revelation 20:4-6

"4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

We see Satan is bound after Christ's second coming, when Christ resurrects His saints and with those saints alive takes them up into the cloud of angels and to heaven. Verse five tells us that wicked or the rest of the dead will be left here on earth and will be raised at the end of the 1000 years. Verse six show that the saints that were taken up alive and others who were in their graves and were raised in the first resurrection and taken up at the second coming and taken to heaven, and reign with Christ during the 1000 years. Now remember in verse 5 it says "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." So now AFTER the 1000 years, verse seven shows that Satan will be loosed at the end of the 1000 years and we see a SECOND resurrection and this time it is not of the saints.

Revelation 20:7
"7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,"

There are two defining ‘bookends’ marking the beginning and the end of the thousand years, the two resurrections. Jesus Christ taught two resurrections. “Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in their graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation" Here Revelation 20 shows us when they happen.

TrevorL

Greetings Hobie,

I was interested in your Post and agree with much of what you say, but disagree on some detail. My major difference with what you state is that you believe that Jesus and the saints are in heaven during the 1000 years.
There is much confusion and distortion on what happens at the 1000 Year or the “Millennium" which is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. The Bible shows us these events in Revelation 20 as it describes the Millennium, which is the thousand-year period where Satan's influence over the earth will be restricted, and Christ will come and take his saints to reign with in heaven.
The following is also a vision of the Kingdom, and it depicts the nations coming up to Jerusalem to worship during the 1000 years. This infers that our Lord Jesus Christ will be upon the Throne of David in Jerusalem for the 1000 years.
Isaiah 2:1-4 (KJV): 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift
Luke 1:30-33 (KJV): 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Also the following clearly states that Jerusalem will be the throne of Yahweh during the 1000 years.
Jeremiah 3:17 (KJV): At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Greetings Hobie,

I was interested in your Post and agree with much of what you say, but disagree on some detail. My major difference with what you state is that you believe that Jesus and the saints are in heaven during the 1000 years.
The following is also a vision of the Kingdom, and it depicts the nations coming up to Jerusalem to worship during the 1000 years. This infers that our Lord Jesus Christ will be upon the Throne of David in Jerusalem for the 1000 years.
Isaiah 2:1-4 (KJV): 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift
Luke 1:30-33 (KJV): 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Also the following clearly states that Jerusalem will be the throne of Yahweh during the 1000 years.
Jeremiah 3:17 (KJV): At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Kind regards
Trevor
Trevor, thank you for the nice response. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that at the Second Coming, Jesus takes us to the earth, the moon or anywhere except heaven. Every Christian knows He is coming to take us to those mansions He has prepared for us in heaven.

John 14:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The second coming of Christ is the hope of the church, the climax of the gospel. Jesus's coming will be literal, personal, visible, and worldwide so its not a 'secret rapture' in any way. When He returns, the righteous dead will be resurrected, and together with the righteous living will be glorified and taken to heaven, that is clear.

Now what happens after the 1000 years after the saints have looked over the books and said that truly God is just, then the New Jerusalem comes down and the wicked are raised to meet their end as Satan again tries to rally them but they end up in the Lake of Fire, which is the second and final death.

Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV)
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

God Bless
Rick
P.S, here is a good explanation http://www.secondcomingofchristjesus.net/page5.htm

TrevorL

Greetings again Hobie,
Trevor, thank you for the nice response. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that at the Second Coming, Jesus takes us to the earth, the moon or anywhere except heaven. Every Christian knows He is coming to take us to those mansions He has prepared for us in heaven.
John 14:1-3 King James Version (KJV): 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Isaiah 2:1-4 defines the Father’s House as being in literal Jerusalem during the 1000 year reign of Jesus upon the Throne of David, not in heaven.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Hobie, Isaiah 2:1-4 defines the Father’s House as being in literal Jerusalem during the 1000 year reign of Jesus upon the Throne of David, not in heaven.

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor, my brother, there is only one place in all the Bible that the thousand year period you are referring to as 'Throne of Yahweh' or the millennial kingdom is specifically addressed, and that is Revelation 20. It speaks of no millennial kingdom except the one in heaven where the saints are during the thousand years. All of the speculation and false theorizing concerning a millennial kingdom here on this earth during the thousand years is built upon scriptures which are simply addressing the future, but not specifically the millennium. Many have come up their own theories relating to it, using scripture which is not specifically addressing this period of time, in order to create their own version of what will transpire during this time in contradiction to what is the testimony of Jesus Christ in the book of Revelation addressing that exact period of time.

Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass ; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw . 3 Blessed is he that readeth , and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein : for the time is at hand.

There are two resurrections at the end of the age, the resurrection of life, and the resurrection of damnation.

John 5: 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you , He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you , The hour is coming , and now is , when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live . 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming , in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth ; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Those who are in heaven with Christ during the thousand years have taken part in the first resurrection, the resurrection of life, or were alive when the Lord returned and were taken to heaven with those who were raised. There is no other resurrection after that but only the resurrection of damnation. So you see Satan is on earth during the thousand years and has nothing to do or is bound because there is no one alive, the wicked are waiting in the grave for the resurrection of damnation. The Lord returns yet again at the end of the thousand years to destroy the wicked after they are raised in the resurrection of damnation, that they might die the second death in the lake of fire.

Rev. 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up , and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled : and after that he must be loosed a little season. 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image , neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished . This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired , Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about , and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away ; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened : and another book was opened , which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

TrevorL

Greetings again Hobie,
Trevor, my brother, there is only one place in all the Bible that the thousand year period you are referring to as 'Throne of Yahweh' or the millennial kingdom is specifically addressed, and that is Revelation 20. It speaks of no millennial kingdom except the one in heaven where the saints are during the thousand years. All of the speculation and false theorizing concerning a millennial kingdom here on this earth during the thousand years is built upon scriptures which are simply addressing the future, but not specifically the millennium. Many have come up their own theories relating to it, using scripture which is not specifically addressing this period of time, in order to create their own version of what will transpire during this time in contradiction to what is the testimony of Jesus Christ in the book of Revelation addressing that exact period of time.
I appreciate your response, but the detail in the prophets and in the teaching of Jesus and the Apostles indicate that when Jesus returns he will establish His Kingdom upon the earth. For example Isaiah 2:1-4 quoted already is indeed the future, but does not fit within the framework of what you have suggested. Also a similar Scripture is Zechariah 14 that speaks of the Kingdom upon earth. Daniel 2:35, 44 and also Daniel 7:27 speaks of the Kingdom being upon the earth. Daniel 12:2 states that both the righteous and the wicked will be raised at the beginning of the Kingdom. To understand Revelation 20 it is necessary to understand the prophets first.

Peter speaks of the return of Jesus, and that he will no longer be in heaven, and that this will bring in times of refreshing and restoration, not the burning of the earth and destruction of all life upon the earth as taught for example by SDAs.
Acts 3:19–21 (KJV): 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution (or restoration) of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
And note, that Peter refers us to ALL the prophets, while for example SDAs reject the detail and the events that are given by these prophets. For example, please explain when Isaiah 2:1-4 and Zechariah 14 will be fulfilled with mortal nations subject to Christ upon the earth.

Kind regards,
Trevor

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Hobie,I appreciate your response, but the detail in the prophets and in the teaching of Jesus and the Apostles indicate that when Jesus returns he will establish His Kingdom upon the earth. For example Isaiah 2:1-4 quoted already is indeed the future, but does not fit within the framework of what you have suggested. Also a similar Scripture is Zechariah 14 that speaks of the Kingdom upon earth. Daniel 2:35, 44 and also Daniel 7:27 speaks of the Kingdom being upon the earth. Daniel 12:2 states that both the righteous and the wicked will be raised at the beginning of the Kingdom. To understand Revelation 20 it is necessary to understand the prophets first.

Peter speaks of the return of Jesus, and that he will no longer be in heaven, and that this will bring in times of refreshing and restoration, not the burning of the earth and destruction of all life upon the earth as taught for example by SDAs.
Acts 3:19–21 (KJV): 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution (or restoration) of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
And note, that Peter refers us to ALL the prophets, while for example SDAs reject the detail and the events that are given by these prophets. For example, please explain when Isaiah 2:1-4 and Zechariah 14 will be fulfilled with mortal nations subject to Christ upon the earth.

Kind regards,
Trevor

My brother, the bible does not mention the millennium anywhere until Revelation 20. Though other prophets and apostles may have seen events and the turmoil connected to the end, and give us some true doctrine as we shall see, they had no specific knowledge in relation to that exact period of time. The six times the thousand year period is mentioned in Revelation 20, are the only times the thousand years are mentioned in the bible.

If one is going to understand the word of God, they need to use the light given concerning that exact period by Jesus Christ as the foundation upon which to build, not other scriptures which were not meant to specifically address this period of time. This leads to unwarranted speculation, and false theories and self deception, as many have on this issue.

Now this text in scripture tells us what we find matches up with Revelation 20 on what the saints will be doing during the 1000 years in heaven...

1 Corinthians 6:1-3
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

We can compare it to Revelation 20:4..

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

It is only the devil and all the evil angels who will inhabit Earth during the 1,000 years. It is only the devil and all the evil angels who will inhabit Earth during the 1,000 years. There is no one for Satan to deceive for 1000 years. The expression, "bottomless pit," as is evident from other scriptures, is used to represent the earth in a state of confusion and darkness. Concerning the condition of the earth "in the beginning," the Bible record says that it " was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." (Gen. 1:2) The word translated here "DEEP" is the same in that REV. 20:1-3 is rendered "BOTTOMLESS PIT " Satan is actually on the earth for the 1000 years with the desolation left behind as no one is alive as the wicked are left dead after the Second Coming and he has no one to deceive.

Then we have Revelation 20:5-6
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished . This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The above verses from Revelation chapter 20, completely show the falseness of the futurist interpretation of biblical prophecy. Among those who reign with Christ a thousand years in heaven are those who would not worship the beast or receive it's mark. These things have already transpired before the thousand years begins. The millennial reign is of the saints with Christ in heaven, not anything to do with the wicked living and reigning here on earth. This view is not biblical, and contradicts the testimony of Christ, which is what we have as it says in the first of Revelation.

The saints are all in heaven looking over the books, the earth is left desolate. There is no man nor bird, the earth and its cities are broken down. But God does not make a full end, till He allows His saint to see His final judgement on the wicked is true. This has yet to be fulfilled and will happen after the 1000 years. Only at the end of the 1,000 years does the holy city, the new Jerusalem come down out of heaven from God, prepared as "bride adorned for her husband".
Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings again Hobie,
My brother, the bible does not mention the millennium anywhere until Revelation 20. Though other prophets and apostles may have seen events and the turmoil connected to the end, and give us some true doctrine as we shall see, they had no specific knowledge in relation to that exact period of time. The six times the thousand year period is mentioned in Revelation 20, are the only times the thousand years are mentioned in the bible.

If one is going to understand the word of God, they need to use the light given concerning that exact period by Jesus Christ as the foundation upon which to build, not other scriptures which were not meant to specifically address this period of time. This leads to unwarranted speculation, and false theories and self deception, as many have on this issue.
Although the prophets did not specifically state the period of 1000 years, these prophecies do speak of the establishment of the Kingdom of God. The details of Isaiah 2:1-4, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14 and many other of the OT and NT Prophecies do not fit your understanding that the Kingdom will be in heaven and that the earth will be desolate. We need to read and understand these prophecies first and then apply this to the Book of Revelation which is a difficult book with much symbolic language. So when will the mortal nations beat their swords into agricultural instruments and go up to Jerusalem to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. When will some of these nations defer going up and receive no rain? Also please explain Isaiah 65:17-25 which also speaks of the new heaven and earth and when describing conditions upon this earth it states that there would be some sinners in this new heaven and earth.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Hobie,Although the prophets did not specifically state the period of 1000 years, these prophecies do speak of the establishment of the Kingdom of God. The details of Isaiah 2:1-4, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14 and many other of the OT and NT Prophecies do not fit your understanding that the Kingdom will be in heaven and that the earth will be desolate. We need to read and understand these prophecies first and then apply this to the Book of Revelation which is a difficult book with much symbolic language. So when will the mortal nations beat their swords into agricultural instruments and go up to Jerusalem to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. When will some of these nations defer going up and receive no rain? Also please explain Isaiah 65:17-25 which also speaks of the new heaven and earth and when describing conditions upon this earth it states that there would be some sinners in this new heaven and earth.

Kind regards
Trevor
My brother, notice that that New Jerusalem comes down after the 1000 years and the wicked are resurrected for damnation and meet their end in the second and final death.

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is during the Millennium that Christ will fulfill His promise to give the overcomers "power over the nations" (Rev. 2:26). Daniel saw that after the destruction of Christ's enemies "the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High" (Dan. 7:27). Those whom Christ raises in the first resurrection will reign with Him for a thousand years and their reign will consist of involvement in an important phase of Christ's governing. This is the time of the judgment of Satan and his angels that Scripture notes in Paul's declaration that the saints would judge the world and even the angels will come to pass. So for the 1000 years, the books of all the wicked dead are open and available to the righteous, that they may be reviewed and judged. At the Second Coming of Christ, the decision as to who would constitute the redeemed and who the wicked has already been made so the saints look and give a judgment God is just. They look at every case during the thousand years, and God's judgment will be declared righteous. So the Millennial judgment does not decide who is to be saved or lost as God makes that decision before the Second Coming, all those who were not either resurrected or translated then are forever lost.

The saints are in heaven and the wicked are slain and left on earth awaiting their resurrection to suffer the second and final death, but the wicked, however, are only resurrected after the 1000 years are come to an end; the wicked dead awake unto to the 'resurrection of damnation'. so we seem some of it in Isaiah:

Isaiah 24:1..21
"1 Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.......
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth."

So now after the 1000 years we have the dead being resurrected to damnation or the second death.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

Jesus Himself tells us about the two resurrections and who will be in which:
John 5
King James Version (KJV)
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Those who are in heaven with Christ during the thousand years have taken part in the first resurrection, the resurrection of life, or were alive when the Lord returned and went to heaven with those who were raised. There is no other resurrection or rapture unto life, but only the resurrection of damnation. The righteous resurrect to life at the Second Coming, whereas the wicked resurrect to damnation a the end of the 1000 years.

There are countless verses describing the resurrection in the last day, take a look at this text:

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing , but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. 41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said , I am the bread which came down from heaven. 42 And they said , Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know ? how is it then that he saith , I came down from heaven? 43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard , and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead . 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof , and not die . 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying , How can this man give us his flesh to eat ? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

The wicked dead remain as dust, to be raised after the 1000 years of the Millennium in the resurrection of damnation and the righteous have been resurrected and taken up with Christ as we see in the scriptures.

1 Thessalonians 4:13=17

"13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

So scripture shows tha at the Second Coming the first resurrection takes place. The righteous, the "blessed and holy," are raised for "over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years" After the resurrection of the righteous dead, they and the living saints are caught up "to meet the Lord in the air" and they are taken to heaven.

Last edited:

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
There are more...

1 Corinthians 15:12-28
"12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen : 14 And if Christ be not risen , then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up , if so be that the dead rise not. 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised : 17 And if Christ be not raised , your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished . 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept . 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die , even so in Christ shall all be made alive . 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign , till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

1 Corinthians 15:35-58
"35 But some man will say , How are the dead raised up ? and with what body do they come ? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened , except it die : 37 And that which thou sowest , thou sowest not that body that shall be , but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him , and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men , another flesh of beasts , another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written , The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now this I say , brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold , I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep , but we shall all be changed , 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound , and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed . 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written , Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."

Now you have to know these words...

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:1–3).

With this words of Christ, we don't have to guess or assume when our eternal inheritance will occur. Jesus tells us quite plainly that He “will come again” to take us to heaven. There is a literal resurrection at the Second Coming, not some 'Secret Rapture', then Christ takes the saints to heaven, and they will see the books and know that God is just.

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings again Hobie,
My brother, notice that that New Jerusalem comes down after the 1000 years and the wicked are resurrected for damnation and meet their end in the second and final death.
The following teaches that when Jesus returns that there will be a resurrection of the dead , then the judgement, and the reward of the faithful, and the rejection of the wicked.
Daniel 12:2 (KJV): And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
John 5:28-29 (KJV): 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Matthew 25:31-34,41 (KJV): 31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
John 5:28-29 (KJV): 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

I would be interested in your understanding of what I wrote in my previous Post:
Although the prophets did not specifically state the period of 1000 years, these prophecies do speak of the establishment of the Kingdom of God. The details of Isaiah 2:1-4, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14 and many other of the OT and NT Prophecies do not fit your understanding that the Kingdom will be in heaven and that the earth will be desolate. We need to read and understand these prophecies first and then apply this to the Book of Revelation which is a difficult book with much symbolic language. So when will the mortal nations beat their swords into agricultural instruments and go up to Jerusalem to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. When will some of these nations defer going up and receive no rain? Also please explain Isaiah 65:17-25 which also speaks of the new heaven and earth and when describing conditions upon this earth it states that there would be some sinners in this new heaven and earth.
I would like to briefly mention what influenced my present view of the Kingdom of God. I had three contacts with SDAs in my youth and early 20s. The first was with a senior SDA and we discussed a number of aspects, but towards the end I asked how he understood Zechariah 14. He said that he did not understand this Scripture, as it did not fit in with his understanding of the Kingdom, and that he could not understand why it was written. A SDA Pastor and his assistant visited me at the request of a SDA lady. He presented the view that many, or even most of the OT prophecies would not be fulfilled, as they were conditional on Israel on accepting Jesus. As they rejected him, then the prophecies lapsed. I asked another SDA Pastor with reference to Revelation 20:6 where it says the saints will be kings and priests for the 1000 years. Over whom will they reign, and for whom will they be priests if the SDA view is correct that the earth will be desolate? These three experiences helped me to go in a different direction than SDA beliefs. Do you think that I should reconsider my decision that I made at that time and now reset the direction of my life and present fellowship with those who believe in the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years and the promise to Abraham in Genesis 13:14-15 and Paul's endorsement of the promises in Galatians 3:8,16,26-29?

Kind regards
Trevor

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Hobie,
The following teaches that when Jesus returns that there will be a resurrection of the dead , then the judgement, and the reward of the faithful, and the rejection of the wicked.
Daniel 12:2 (KJV): And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Matthew 25:31-34,41 (KJV): 31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

I would be interested in your understanding of what I wrote in my previous Post:

I would like to briefly mention what influenced my present view of the Kingdom of God. I had three contacts with SDAs in my youth and early 20s. The first was with a senior SDA and we discussed a number of aspects, but towards the end I asked how he understood Zechariah 14. He said that he did not understand this Scripture, as it did not fit in with his understanding of the Kingdom, and that he could not understand why it was written. A SDA Pastor and his assistant visited me at the request of a SDA lady. He presented the view that many, or even most of the OT prophecies would not be fulfilled, as they were conditional on Israel on accepting Jesus. As they rejected him, then the prophecies lapsed. I asked another SDA Pastor with reference to Revelation 20:6 where it says the saints will be kings and priests for the 1000 years. Over whom will they reign, and for whom will they be priests if the SDA view is correct that the earth will be desolate? These three experiences helped me to go in a different direction than SDA beliefs. Do you think that I should reconsider my decision that I made at that time and now reset the direction of my life and present fellowship with those who believe in the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years and the promise to Abraham in Genesis 13:14-15 and Paul's endorsement of the promises in Galatians 3:8,16,26-29?

Kind regards
Trevor
My brother, it has been the hope and belief of Christians for the Second Coming of Christ in His clouds of angels since He ascended. So everyone must prayerfully study this and come to a decision with the Holy Spirits guidance. This is the duty of every Christian and what any person or pastor or priest says, is you have to remember, just their idea, so we have to study the Bible and go according to what it has. Here is a good site to check out on this issue....https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4989/t/1000-years-of-peace

TrevorL

Greetings again Hobie,
My brother, it has been the hope and belief of Christians for the Second Coming of Christ in His clouds of angels since He ascended. So everyone must prayerfully study this and come to a decision with the Holy Spirits guidance. This is the duty of every Christian and what any person or pastor or priest says, is you have to remember, just their idea, so we have to study the Bible and go according to what it has. Here is a good site to check out on this issue amazingfacts.org/…/1000-years-of-peace
I appreciate the reference. It gives the SDA view of many of these aspects but does not answer what I have mentioned about the OT prophecies that detail the future Kingdom of God.

As well as other SDA books and literature, I have a copy of each of the following SDA books:
SDAs believe – A Biblical Exposition of 27 Fundamental Doctrines June 1988
The Prophecies of Daniel and the Revelation by Uriah Smith 1944
SDAs Answer Questions on Doctrine 1957.
I have also completed the Correspondence Course “The Prophetic Code”.

I found the chapter on “Concepts of the Millennium” in the above book “SDAs Answer Questions on Doctrine” interesting. On page 478 it speaks of the various pre-millennialists that were involved with the Millerites leading up to 1843. I would identify with those who believed in the establishment of the Kingdom of God upon the earth as well as the restoration of the Jews. In contrast the teaching of William Miller and his associates is mentioned, and this view is what was adopted by the SDAs.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Hobie, I appreciate the reference. It gives the SDA view of many of these aspects but does not answer what I have mentioned about the OT prophecies that detail the future Kingdom of God.

As well as other SDA books and literature, I have a copy of each of the following SDA books:
SDAs believe – A Biblical Exposition of 27 Fundamental Doctrines June 1988
The Prophecies of Daniel and the Revelation by Uriah Smith 1944
SDAs Answer Questions on Doctrine 1957.
I have also completed the Correspondence Course “The Prophetic Code”.

I found the chapter on “Concepts of the Millennium” in the above book “SDAs Answer Questions on Doctrine” interesting. On page 478 it speaks of the various pre-millennialists that were involved with the Millerites leading up to 1843. I would identify with those who believed in the establishment of the Kingdom of God upon the earth as well as the restoration of the Jews. In contrast the teaching of William Miller and his associates is mentioned, and this view is what was adopted by the SDAs.

Kind regards
Trevor

My Friend,

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this point, but you have to agree or at least cannot deny that Christians from the time of Christ have waited for His return to go to heaven to be in the kingdom, and this doctrine does not offer a chance at heaven and takes that away, and from solid scriptural grounds, is a deception.

TrevorL

Greetings again Hobie,
I guess we have to agree to disagree on this point, but you have to agree or at least cannot deny that Christians from the time of Christ have waited for His return to go to heaven to be in the kingdom, and this doctrine does not offer a chance at heaven and takes that away, and from solid scriptural grounds, is a deception.
I disagree with your assessment. The concept of heaven going at death was introduced into the early Church by those associated with Greek philosophy and Platonism. What is remarkable is that the SDAs rejected the concept of an immortal soul, but still cling onto heaven going. Gibbon in his history gives a summary of the shift from the Kingdom of God upon the earth at the return of Christ and the concept of the Church being the Kingdom of God, and heaven going at death:

Gibbon in the “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire” states: “The ancient and popular doctrine of the Millennium,” says Gibbon, “was intimately connected with the second coming of Christ. As the works of creation had been finished in six days, their duration, in their present state, according to a tradition which was attributed to the prophet Elijah, was fixed to six thousand years. By the same analogy it was inferred that this long period of labour and contention, which was now almost elapsed (as they supposed), would be succeeded by a joyful Sabbath of a thousand years; and that Christ, with the triumphant band of the Saints and the elect who had escaped death, or who had been miraculously revived, would reign upon earth till the time appointed for the last and general resurrection. So pleasing was this hope to the minds of believers, that the New Jerusalem, the seat of this blissful kingdom, was quickly adorned with all the gayest colours of the imagination. A felicity consisting only of pure and spiritual pleasure would have appeared too refined for its inhabitants, who were still supposed to possess their human nature and senses. A garden of Eden with the amusements of pastoral life, was no longer suited to the advanced state of society which prevailed under the Roman Empire. A city was therefore erected, of gold and precious stones, and a supernatural plenty of corn and wine was bestowed on the adjacent territory; in the free enjoyment of whose spontaneous productions, the happy and benevolent people was never to be restrained by any jealous laws of exclusive property. The assurance of such a millennium was carefully inculcated by a succession of fathers, from Justin Martyr and Irenaeus, who conversed with the immediate disciples of the apostles, down to Lactantius, who was preceptor to the son of Constantine. Though it might not be universally received, it appears to have been the reigning sentiment of the orthodox believers; and it seems so well adapted to the desires and apprehensions of mankind, that it must have contributed in a very considerable degree to the progress of the Christian faith. But when the edifice of the church was almost completed, the temporary support was laid aside. The doctrine of Christ’s reign upon earth was at first treated as a profound allegory, was considered by degrees as a doubtful and useless opinion, and was at length rejected as the absurd invention of heresy and fanaticism. A mysterious prophecy (the Apocalypse) which still forms a part of the sacred canon, but which was thought to favour the exploded sentiment, has very narrowly escaped the proscription of THE CHURCH.”

Kind regards
Trevor

iamaberean

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

On the last day that Jesus walked, in his human form, the thief on the cross said:
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus responded:
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise

This has to be the last day that Martha knew would come, or else Jesus would not have told the thief that this very day you will be with me in paradise (heaven).

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

In Joh 11:25 'dead' is not a dead body, but a dead spirit. So if this person will believe he shall live (spiritually).

In Joh 11:26 If this person, that is now alive, shall never die (spiritually). This can only mean that this person is resurrected at the time his body dies.

Past, the resurrection of those that had died prior to to the sacrifice that Jesus made for them and for all believers up to now. Present, those that die today. Future, those that die as their time on earth comes to an end.

The resurrection spoken of in the book of Revelation, is of the wicked ones at the time of the harvest of the tares come:

Mat_13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares (wicked ones), and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat (believers) into my barn.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

On the last day that Jesus walked, in his human form, the thief on the cross said:
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus responded:
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise

This has to be the last day that Martha knew would come, or else Jesus would not have told the thief that this very day you will be with me in paradise (heaven).

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

In Joh 11:25 'dead' is not a dead body, but a dead spirit. So if this person will believe he shall live (spiritually).

In Joh 11:26 If this person, that is now alive, shall never die (spiritually). This can only mean that this person is resurrected at the time his body dies.

Past, the resurrection of those that had died prior to to the sacrifice that Jesus made for them and for all believers up to now. Present, those that die today. Future, those that die as their time on earth comes to an end.

The resurrection spoken of in the book of Revelation, is of the wicked ones at the time of the harvest of the tares come:

Mat_13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares (wicked ones), and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat (believers) into my barn.

Yet the thief didn't die that day as they had to break the legs, and Christ had not risen...

John 19:30-32
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

The paragraph was added by the translators and clearly is not proper, so scripture shows the thief did not ascend nor did Christ, but rather the thief was assured that day of eternal life in heaven.

Revelation 20:1-3
"1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

If we look in the Bible, we see Revelation 19 and 20 belong together, there is no break between these chapters. They describe Christ's Second Coming in chapter 19 and immediately continue with the Millennium, their sequence indicating that the millennium begins when Christ returns.

Revelation show the evil powers that gather the nations of the world to oppose Christ's work and His people immediately before the Second Coming, as a dragon, a beast, and a false prophet. When in Revelation 19 the "the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies" assemble to make war against Christ at the time of His return, the beast and the false prophet are destroyed.

Revelation 19:19
"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army."

What follows in Revelation 20, the chapter on the millennium, deals with the fate of the third member of this demonic trio, the dragon. He is taken captive and cast into the bottomless pit, where he remains for 1000 years.

Revelation 20:4-6

"4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

We see Satan is bound after Christ's second coming, when Christ resurrects His saints and with those saints alive takes them up into the cloud of angels and to heaven. Verse five tells us that wicked or the rest of the dead will be left here on earth and will be raised at the end of the 1000 years. Verse six show that the saints that were taken up alive and others who were in their graves and were raised in the first resurrection and taken up at the second coming and taken to heaven, and reign with Christ during the 1000 years. Now remember in verse 5 it says "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." So now AFTER the 1000 years, verse seven shows that Satan will be loosed at the end of the 1000 years and we see a SECOND resurrection and this time it is not of the saints.

Revelation 20:7
"7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,"

There are two defining ‘bookends’ marking the beginning and the end of the thousand years, the two resurrections. Jesus Christ taught two resurrections. “Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in their graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation" Here Revelation 20 shows us when they happen.

1000 years is symbolic for "a long time". The case of the devil is not the same as the case of those souls reigning with Christ in Heaven. The devil was chained at Christ's death (John 12:31-33). Since that time, the devil has been loosed (and the antichrist is on the way). Antichrist comes through the power of the devil (2 Thes 2:8-9). Those reigning with Christ refers to the beginning of the New Testament or earlier until the second coming of Christ (which is the last day). There are not 2 bodily resurrections and 2 comings of Christ spanning the last 1000 years of the world. The "rapture" theory is FALSE.

Last edited: