What gives any country the right to determine who rules someone else?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Is that what doc is talking about though? He seems to be talking about another country determining it, not the people. Or are you saying that another country can help determine who rules a people if it's the same ruler that the people want?

In retrospect it seems the former is correct. I misinterpreted what the OP was referring to as "someone else".

Carry on....

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
So, you had to repent for not voting for Obama because that's who God chose to be in power? Why? Because you didn't know or something?

Bat crazy...

:dizzy:

Haha right Bain. Listen my little gay activist, God ultimately is responsible for who He puts in charge of the countries of the world. Is that beyond the pale of orthodoxy? Right, I knew you'd agree. Now, we try to vote for the person that we think will be godly in their decisions. Obama was never a blip on the godly radar so I didn't vote for him. But scripture teaches that sometimes God puts even the vilest of men upon the throne which is why sometimes the democrats win. So yes, I was wrong, God intended for me to have that godless punk as my president for 8 years. I asked forgiveness.

However, I qualified for an Obama bailout on my mortgage where he forgave 100k of the principle and dropped my interest rate below 5%. So only owe 400k rather than 5. But I do not credit that black fool, I praise God that although the wicked reign I am in the care of the God of the universe.

Selah

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Haha right Bain. Listen my little gay activist, God ultimately is responsible for who He puts in charge of the countries of the world. Is that beyond the pale of orthodoxy? Right, I knew you'd agree. Now, we try to vote for the person that we think will be godly in their decisions. Obama was never a blip on the godly radar so I didn't vote for him. But scripture teaches that sometimes God puts even the vilest of men upon the throne which is why sometimes the democrats win. So yes, I was wrong, God intended for me to have that godless punk as my president for 8 years. I asked forgiveness.

However, I qualified for an Obama bailout on my mortgage where he forgave 100k of the principle and dropped my interest rate below 5%. So only owe 400k rather than 5. But I do not credit that black fool, I praise God that although the wicked reign I am in the care of the God of the universe.
As a rule, I find that people who feel the need to speak to the color of a man they're trashing have an issue on the point that probably has a good bit to do with the trashing to begin with...so you might have asked God for forgiveness on the wrong count there.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You make it sound like someone farted at a funeral. A nation and founders who lay claim to God have a greater duty to evidence Him and to approach his standard of conduct in law, instead of institutionalizing national horrors that treated men as animals, women as objects, etc. and led to generations of needless suffering and death.

And then we got civilized.

gay-cake-300x150.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I could say the same of those who have in the past had me silenced (what was it, 6 times?).
No idea what that's referencing. Grudges? Mod bans? :idunno: I'm not a mod so if you have an issue there take it up with whoever.

A quick look at your past infractions...you've had 22. Man, that's a lot of infractions.

2 name calling.
9 Unnecessarily Disruptive
1 Vulgar Comment
1 Profane image upload
5 Provoking other members
2 name calling
1 unspecified
1 being a pest

You've been cited by Knight 8 times, Delmar 6 times, Sherman 5 times, Poly 2 times and ebenz 1 time. Not counting a handful as aSeattleConservative, of course. The only unifying bit there is you.

I'll wait for DavidK to come back and debate.
Sure you will. :chuckle:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
As a rule, I find that people who feel the need to speak to the color of a man they're trashing have an issue on the point that probably has a good bit to do with the trashing to begin with...so you might have asked God for forgiveness on the wrong count there.

Right niggah

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, stepping around people with race issues and the finger pointing Cruc like "The devils made me do it" of aCW, the answer to address the question "What gives any country the right to determine who rules someone else?"

Is that the right question? Is it a matter of right to begin with or is it a matter of authority and might? A combination of ability, desire and perhaps a driving ethical/moral/philosophical compulsion at the root, like winning the day for democracy?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I could say the same of those who have in the past had me silenced (what was it, 6 times?).

No idea what that's referencing. Grudges? Mod bans? :idunno: I'm not a mod so if you have an issue there take it up with whoever.

A quick look at your past infractions...you've had 22. Man, that's a lot of infractions.

2 name calling.
9 Unnecessarily Disruptive
1 Vulgar Comment
1 Profane image upload
5 Provoking other members
2 name calling
1 unspecified
1 being a pest

You've been cited by Knight 8 times, Delmar 6 times, Sherman 5 times, Poly 2 times and ebenz 1 time. Not counting a handful as aSeattleConservative, of course. The only unifying bit there is you.

Obsessed with me much? Again, how many were you responsible for, 6?

There were some memorable ones in there. Like The Barbarian and the NAMBLA Trifecta. Then there was the guy (and I can't remember who it was) who I asked if he was married to another man. In any event, I'm not the least bit concerned that I won't be spending eternity with God because I mocked those that promote things that He abhors. Those who mock His Word on the other hand...

I see that the author of this thread has already hit the "Ban em!" button on someone, so I'll forego posting in this thread until DavidK (who to my knowledge doesn't have a history of silencing people) returns.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Obsessed with me much? Again, how many were you responsible for, 6?
No, which is why I'm not found much in your threads, but you made a point and I'm bored, so I looked at the woodshed and all of your infractions were lined up in a row there if you know what to click.

There were some memorable ones in there. Like The Barbarian and the NAMBLA Trifecta. Then there was the guy (and I can't remember who it was) who I asked if he was married to another man. In any event, I'm not the least bit concerned that I won't be spending eternity with God because I mocked those that promote things that He abhors. Those who mock His Word on the other hand...
I didn't click to see the specifics.

I see that the author of this thread has already hit the "Ban em!" button on someone, so I'll forego posting in this thread until DavidK (who to my knowledge doesn't have a history of silencing people) returns.
So you said. :plain: Anyway, I left a comment on topic that's waiting. We'll see if DR is interested. You have fun with DK. I'm sure he'll have something for you.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
But I do not credit that black fool...

half-black :)

As a rule, I find that people who feel the need to ....

As a rule, I find that people who feel the need to start a response with "as a rule" are pretentious :)

No supposition involved. We have enough records of atrocities and deprivations on our part.

it wasn't one sided

Right niggah

:doh:

IJ, i implore you

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
As a rule I find that people who are more concerned with me than with an issue ...

the issue being that obama self identifies as black, so a (presumed) white poster on an anonymous discussion board must be racist if they call obama by his own self-identification? :freak:

sorry - i wasn't interested in opening that particular can of alabama crazy :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the issue being that obama self identifies as black, so a (presumed) white poster on an anonymous discussion board must be racist if they call obama by his own self-identification? :freak:
He wrote
But I do not credit that black fool,
There was no reason to interject race into his estimation of character, but the two were tied in his mind on some level, so that he felt it necessary or right.

And he responded to my objection by dropping a version of the N bomb.

sorry - i wasn't interested in opening that particular can of alabama crazy
It's neither crazy nor an Alabama thing, except that spending much of my life here has given me a close look at people who are easy with that sort of language, and the sort of person who defends them.

Sorry, DR, he doesn't care about your issue or this one. He's just trolling me for attention. I'll stop giving it to him. And I'm interested in your response to my point on the actual topic.

DavidK

Then you need to repent for not voting for who God elected.

I very much believe God is using Trump. Somewhere on this site you'll be able find me saying I thought Trump could win, because it would be true to God's character. But that doesn't mean I believe God wanted me to vote for him. God has set in many kings and used them to His purpose, but that is different than wanting His people to support them. A great deal of them have been set in over history for the express purpose to get His people not to turn to worldly leaders, and instead return to Him.