ECT What does it take for the Holy Spirit to live inside a person?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
A mind that obeys God.

I have to disagree with you , the mind of Christ may produce an obedient act from time to time, but an obedient mind is not what the mind of Christ feels like, or acts like . But i give you props for putting that out there , very few have the courage to answer that question.

ZacharyB

Would you give me an example of what "saving faith" (belief, faith, trust, obedience,) is?
Well, I don't understand your question at all,
but what do you say to Jesus' statement (which He repeats 3 times):
"If you love Me, keep (obey) My commandments" (John 14).

ZacharyB

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,
the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed,
ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption
of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Believe what?
No, believe who? ... "whom" is a personal pronoun referring to a person.

ZacharyB

We are not saved by believing in only one word 'believe'.
We are not saved by throwing out everything Jesus says and doing only one thing 'believe'.
We are saved by believing in everything Jesus says.
Yes, I agree, but is this included in the gospel (good news)?
That is the question.
If so, it is an extremely broad view of what the gospel was/is.
Better to say that the NT "believe" includes obedience.

Which is exactly what the world-famous evangelist, T.L.Osborne,
concluded after an exhaustive study on this "pisteou" topic.
Of course, he was Spirit-filled ...
so he had an unfair advantage over most of the rest of us.

Note: Bible translators and Bible commentaries have never
been written by God ... so don't put too much faith in them.
Just a simple example is where some Bible translators
inserted commas ... totally beyond belief.
And these men were led by the Holy Spirit?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Well, I don't understand your question at all,
but what do you say to Jesus' statement (which He repeats 3 times):
"If you love Me, keep (obey) My commandments" (John 14).

Thats not good you can't describe your saving Faith.

As for the 3 statements. They are only ours to follow "if" we are "in Him' , and He is "in us". If we are "in Him " and He is "in us ", we are as paul in Rom. 7 14-21 where he describes the state of being where we are separated ( sanctified )from our sinful natures ,and just like Christ ( justified ) . With Christ being in us, and we being in Him, the Holy Spirit being sealed in us, and Gods Word being ours to claim (Rom. 8-9 ), then and only then would we be able to Love God, and keep His commandments.

God's Truth

Thats not good you can't describe your saving Faith.

As for the 3 statements. They are only ours to follow "if" we are "in Him' , and He is "in us". If we are "in Him " and He is "in us ", we are as paul in Rom. 7 14-21 where he describes the state of being where we are separated ( sanctified )from our sinful natures ,and just like Christ ( justified ) . With Christ being in us, and we being in Him, the Holy Spirit being sealed in us, and Gods Word being ours to claim (Rom. 8-9 ), then and only then would we be able to Love God, and keep His commandments.

What are you saying about Paul here?

God's Truth

Yes, I agree, but is this included in the gospel (good news)?
Yes, it is included in the good news.

That is the question.
If so, it is an extremely broad view of what the gospel was/is.
Better to say that the NT "believe" includes obedience.
I have been saying that all scripture in the New Testament must be obeyed.

Which is exactly what the world-famous evangelist, T.L.Osborne,
concluded after an exhaustive study on this "pisteou" topic.
Of course, he was Spirit-filled ...
so he had an unfair advantage over most of the rest of us.
Why is that? And who is that?

Note: Bible translators and Bible commentaries have never
been written by God ... so don't put too much faith in them.
Just a simple example is where some Bible translators
inserted commas ... totally beyond belief.
And these men were led by the Holy Spirit?
Don't believe what any man says, not even me, believe in only what Jesus says. Jesus says do this and do that.

Jesus says if you do this and do that---THEN I will reveal myself to you, THEN you will have knowledge and understanding.

God's Truth

Believe the written Word of God as found in the Holy Bible.

You must believe that God knew what would be in the Holy Bible, and you must believe that He preserved His written Word for us...BUT, EVEN IF, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT KNOW for sure if you believe, but you want to find out for YOURSELF if it is true, Jesus says there is a way you can know for yourself. Jesus says to do what he says and you will find out, you will have wisdom and understanding.

See John 7:17, and more.

God's Truth

I have to disagree with you , the mind of Christ may produce an obedient act from time to time, but an obedient mind is not what the mind of Christ feels like, or acts like . But i give you props for putting that out there , very few have the courage to answer that question.

I am glad that you do see some truth in what I have said, but I tell you, you are wrong about disagreeing with me in any way; you are wrong about the mind of Christ "may" produce an obedient act from time to time! Just reread and think about what you said there.

What you said makes NO SENSE. You said the mind of Christ MAY produce an obedient act! JESUS ALWAYS OBEYED. You said the mind of Christ "may" produce an obedient act...what you have done is put limits and failing without hope on Christ.

God's Truth

No. I am asking you WHAT is said that we should believe by Jesus.

Jesus, the apostles, and Paul included says things to believe. WHAT are we to believe? WE ARE TO BELIEVE WE MUST DO WHAT JESUS SAYS TO DO.

God's Truth

Jesus says to do this.

Jesus says to do that.

Jesus says do not do this.

Jesus says do not do that.

Jesus says believe him.

Believe him and do this, do that, do not do this, do not do that!

Just because we are told to believe, it does NOT mean to do nothing else!

It means believe and do what Jesus says!

God's Truth

That Christ died for our sins and rose again.

I'm really surprised that you don't know these things.

You are being facetious.

I am being truthful, obedient, and honest.

I asked "Believe what?"

You said believe Christ died for our sins and rose again.

Go deeper!

WHY did Christ do those things?

How is believing that alone believing what he says?

Merely believing is not enough!

We must believe that Christ died for our sins---BUT. WE. HAVE. TO. REPENT. OF. THOSE. SINS.

We have to believe that Christ washes away the SINS WE REPENT OF DOING.

Now do you see? Now do you understand? We have to believe. Yes, we have to believe. Believe what? Believe that Jesus' blood washes away our sins---the SINS WE REPENT OF DOING.

Make straight the way for Jesus into your heart, prepare the way for Christ, for Christ to live in your heart, prepare the place he wants to make his home.

I have scripture references to all that. Would you like them?

Right Divider

Body part
You are being facetious.

I am being truthful, obedient, and honest.

I asked "Believe what?"

You said believe Christ died for our sins and rose again.

Go deeper!

WHY did Christ do those things?

How is believing that alone believing what he says?

Merely believing is not enough!

We must believe that Christ died for our sins---BUT. WE. HAVE. TO. REPENT. OF. THOSE. SINS.

We have to believe that Christ washes away the SINS WE REPENT OF DOING.

Now do you see? Now do you understand? We have to believe. Yes, we have to believe. Believe what? Believe that Jesus' blood washes away our sins---the SINS WE REPENT OF DOING.

Make straight the way for Jesus into your heart, prepare the way for Christ, for Christ to live in your heart, prepare the place he wants to make his home.

I have scripture references to all that. Would you like them?
You are the ULTIMATE HYPOCRITE on TOL.

You are completely self-righteous (righteous in your OWN eyes). You are precisely like the Pharisee in Luke 18!

You disregard what God is doing TODAY and try to MIX in what He was doing through ISRAEL. In doing so, you nullify the Word of God.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I am glad that you do see some truth in what I have said, but I tell you, you are wrong about disagreeing with me in any way; you are wrong about the mind of Christ "may" produce an obedient act from time to time! Just reread and think about what you said there.

What you said makes NO SENSE. You said the mind of Christ MAY produce an obedient act! JESUS ALWAYS OBEYED. You said the mind of Christ "may" produce an obedient act...what you have done is put limits and failing without hope on Christ.

Just to clarify, i'm not acknowledging a truth to what you said, but i am acknowledging your courage. We can't learn or know Christ better without courage. Faith is 90% courage , you just need a better object to faithe in.

As for the "mind of Christ" , just because one has been given this doesn't mean the sinful nature doesn't win it's share of battles. The mind of Christ has nothing to do with obedience. Just as paul said, " It's not me sinning but sin dwelling in me doing it," It's the same thing in regards to the Holy Spirit. It's not me doing anything good, (being obedient) but the Holy Spirit inside me doing it.

If you are claiming to have had the Holy Spirit sealed into you, and i' sure you are, what happened when that happened? What does it feel like? How would you define how it feels to someone who doesn't have it. Gods Word says if we have the Spirit of Christ, we have the mind of Christ. If you have a really good teacher you can find in Gods Word what happens when the holy spirit comes to dwell in us. But Gods Word doesn't give any detail on what happens when we have the mind of Christ, we have to experience it. Be specific with your answer.

God's Truth

You are the ULTIMATE HYPOCRITE on TOL.

You are completely self-righteous (righteous in your OWN eyes). You are precisely like the Pharisee in Luke 18!

You disregard what God is doing TODAY and try to MIX in what He was doing through ISRAEL. In doing so, you nullify the Word of God.

Jesus is God over everyone and everything. Jesus doesn't tell the Jews they have to obey and the Gentiles they do not have to obey. LOL

God's Truth

Just to clarify, i'm not acknowledging a truth to what you said, but i am acknowledging your courage. We can't learn or know Christ better without courage. Faith is 90% courage , you just need a better object to faithe in.
To have the mind of Christ is to have an obedient mind. Faith alone is dead that is what the Word of God says. To have the mind of Christ is not to have faith alone. If that is what you think, then you think Jesus has a dead mind. If you are getting at something else, then you will not have even that if you do not obey.

As for the "mind of Christ" , just because one has been given this doesn't mean the sinful nature doesn't win it's share of battles.
No one is just 'given' the mind of Christ. You sound like a Calvinist or maybe of the Lutheran influence.

The mind of Christ has nothing to do with obedience. Just as paul said, " It's not me sinning but sin dwelling in me doing it,"

Paul is not saying people are not doing the sin. You misunderstand Paul. I can prove easily you misunderstand Paul. Paul says, "It is no longer I myself who do it." No longer? So then, you see that Paul admits to doing it because he says it is NO LONGER I WHO DO IT, but then he does it without thinking. That does not mean he literally is not doing the sin.

Paul is describing what it is like to not have faith in God. Paul is NOT saying no one ever obeyed God before having the Holy Spirit.

I can give you many scriptures that show people OBEYED God before the gift of the Holy Spirit.

It's the same thing in regards to the Holy Spirit. It's not me doing anything good, (being obedient) but the Holy Spirit inside me doing it.

No, that is not what the scripture say. If you do good, then it is you doing good.

If you are claiming to have had the Holy Spirit sealed into you, and i' sure you are, what happened when that happened? What does it feel like? How would you define how it feels to someone who doesn't have it.

I can tell you about it, but I do not want it trampled by you, as you did about my explaining what the mind of Christ is.

Gods Word says if we have the Spirit of Christ, we have the mind of Christ. If you have a really good teacher you can find in Gods Word what happens when the holy spirit comes to dwell in us. But Gods Word doesn't give any detail on what happens when we have the mind of Christ, we have to experience it. Be specific with your answer.

I have Jesus himself as my teacher.

The mind of Christ is to have an obedient mind.

How do you ever have anything like Christ if you are not obedient?

Read Romans 11:28-36. Those scriptures will tell you about obedience and the mind of Christ.