ECT What does it take for the Holy Spirit to live inside a person?

ZacharyB

John 14:15-23, NLT
15 “If you love me, obey my commandments.
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.
17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth.
The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him.
But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
18 No, I will not abandon you as orphans — I will come to you (as the Holy Spirit).
19 Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live.
20 When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father,
and you are in me, and I am in you.
21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me.
And because they love me, my Father will love them.
And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
22 Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him,
“Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?”
23 Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them,
and we will come and make our home with each of them.
24 Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember,
my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me.”

The above passage teaches us all of the following truths …

• 2 wonderful blessings are available to you (v.16)
the Holy Spirit to be given to you
the Holy Spirit to never leave you
• 2 conditions for the Father to give you the blessings above (v.15)
loving Jesus
obeying Jesus’ commandments
The KEY to the whole passage is the very first verse (v.15).
• 3 conditions for Jesus loving you and revealing Himself to you (v.21)
accepting Jesus’ commandments
obeying Jesus’ commandments
loving Jesus
• 2 conditions for the Father to love you (v.21, v.23)
loving Jesus
doing what Jesus says
• 1 condition for doing what Jesus says (v.23)
loving Jesus
• 2 conditions for the Trinity to live inside of you (v.23)
loving Jesus
doing what Jesus says
I've been saying for years now: "If you have One, you have all Three."

John 15:10, NLT
10 “When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love,
just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.”
If you do not obey Jesus’ commandments, you do not remain in Jesus’ love.
If you do not remain in Jesus’ love, does the Holy Spirit remain in you?
If you do not obey Jesus’ commandments, does the Holy Spirit remain in you?

Those who know and love Jesus obey His commandments …
1 John 2:3-5, NLT
3 And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments.
4 If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments,
that person is a liar and is not living in the truth.
5 But those who obey God’s word truly show how completely they love him.
That is how we know we are living in him.

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
OP: What does it take for the Holy Spirit to live inside a person?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

DAN P

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Hi and the HOLY SPIRIT IS given at the point of salvation as 1 Cor 12:13 and there are about 33 that are given to all are then saved !!

All the verses of the OP are for Israel , BUT Israel has been set aside as Luke 13:6-9 explain it and is just one of many verse that explain it !!

dan p

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and the HOLY SPIRIT IS given at the point of salvation as 1 Cor 12:13 and there are about 33 that are given to all are then saved !!

All the verses of the OP are for Israel , BUT Israel has been set aside as Luke 13:6-9 explain it and is just one of many verse that explain it !!

dan p

Yeah, I know.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The answer is continual Faith. But the true definition of Faith has been lost to history. Whenever that true definition finds a voice again, theres many willingly and ready to bury it as fast as possible , by any means necessary. The reason, the cost is to high, it's unacceptable to people today.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
People like to define the Holy Spirit-
pfft. Please_

He has spoken to me many times- I like to believe that anyway- and to be perfectly honest, it ain't all peaches and butterflies.

Sometimes God just tells it how it is. He is not one who tells you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
People like to define the Holy Spirit-
pfft. Please_

He has spoken to me many times- I like to believe that anyway- and to be perfectly honest, it ain't all peaches and butterflies.

Sometimes God just tells it how it is. He is not one who tells you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

What defines the Holy Spirit in someone is having the "mind of Christ". If you have the Spirit of Christ, you have the mind of Christ. Yet , all who claim His Spirit have no clue what it means, feels like, or what happens when you have the "mind of Christ". And the best part, is they can't go to Gods Word and come up with an answer, because theres not one in there. You have to experience it to know.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What defines the Holy Spirit in someone is having the "mind of Christ". If you have the Spirit of Christ, you have the mind of Christ. Yet , all who claim His Spirit have no clue what it means, feels like, or what happens when you have the "mind of Christ". And the best part, is they can't go to Gods Word and come up with an answer, because theres not one in there. You have to experience it to know.

Well that's one hell of an answer there Faither, I don't think I can argue with that.

ZacharyB

These words only applied to the "faithful" saints in Ephesus (1:1).
Ditto for those in Colossae (1:2).

ZacharyB

The answer is continual Faith. But the true definition of Faith has been lost to history. Whenever that true definition finds a voice again, theres many willingly and ready to bury it as fast as possible , by any means necessary. The reason, the cost is to high, it's unacceptable to people today.
Yes, when one reconciles the OSAS NT verses with the anti-OSAS NT verses,
one finds that the solution/answer is ...
Saving Faith = belief-faith-trust-obedience

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Yes, when one reconciles the OSAS NT verses with the anti-OSAS NT verses,
one finds that the solution/answer is ...
Saving Faith = belief-faith-trust-obedience

Would you give me an example of what "saving faith" (belief, faith, trust, obedience,) is?

God's Truth

Believe what?

God's Truth

We are not saved by believing in only one word 'believe'.

We are not saved by throwing out everything Jesus says and doing only one thing 'believe'.

We are saved by believing in everything Jesus says.

God's Truth

To have the mind of Christ is to have an obedient mind.