What Does It Mean To Be "IN CHRIST?"

Robert Pate

Banned
This is a very serious subject, because only those that are "In Christ" will be saved. Paul said, "That I may win Christ, and be found IN HIM, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your salvation, plus nothing. Many are not "In Christ" because they are trusting in their religion to save them. Calvinist are trusting that they have been predestinated. Catholics are trusting in the Catholic church. Many are trusting in their good works to save them. Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. What most have found is religion. Religion is an indication of the absence of faith. Religion is subjective, where the Gospel is objective (outside of us). We had nothing to do with our salvation. It took place over 2,000 years ago, before we were born.

"God was in Christ, reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. All that are "In Christ" have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ. It was Jesus that fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law for us. It was Jesus that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we now stand before God as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Salvation is a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. A free gift cannot be earned or deserved, otherwise it would not be a free gift. Multitudes are trying to earn the free gift of salvation through works and religion. This is very offensive to God. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16. God gives, our part is to receive what God has provided for us and not try to earn it. Many cannot accept the free gift of salvation, because they are to proud to accept it, they want to earn it. Those that are trying to earn their salvation are not "In Christ".

Robert Pate

Banned
Religion is not an indication of faith, religion is an indication of the absence of faith. Religion is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. Religion is about man and his attempt to become saved by his works and his obedience to the law. This is why Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what you do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The Pharisees thought that they could please God by their obedience to the law. They were trying to be justified by their works. They could not confess that they were sinners in need of a savior. They thought that they could save themselves. Not much has changed in the last 2,000 years.

There are billions of Catholics and other religions that are going into the judgment without a Gospel and without a savior, only to hear those terrible words, "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23. Jesus never knew them because they had never called on Jesus to save them, they thought that they were already saved by their religion, just like the Pharisees.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Religion is not an indication of faith, religion is an indication of the absence of faith. Religion is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. Religion is about man and his attempt to become saved by his works and his obedience to the law. This is why Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what you do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The Pharisees thought that they could please God by their obedience to the law. They were trying to be justified by their works. They could not confess that they were sinners in need of a savior. They thought that they could save themselves. Not much has changed in the last 2,000 years.

There are billions of Catholics and other religions that are going into the judgment without a.....
You cannot say all religion lacks faith without redefining the word.
Not all Catholics are lost to Christ. Some are lost some are part of the body
I been rather critical of Catholicism in past years.

Bradley D

Religion is not an indication of faith, religion is an indication of the absence of faith
You keep attacking a word that can be used with different beliefs including Christinity.

Christian Religion:
Specifically, conformity in faith and life to the precepts inculcated in the Bible, respecting the conduct of life and duty toward God and man; the Christian faith and practice.

Robert Pate

Banned
You keep attacking a word that can be used with different beliefs including Christinity.

Christian Religion:
Specifically, conformity in faith and life to the precepts inculcated in the Bible, respecting the conduct of life and duty toward God and man; the Christian faith and practice.
I have never considered the Christian faith to be a religion. The word "religion" only appears in the New Testament a few times. The apostle Paul used the word "religion" to describe his life as a Pharisee, Acts 26:5. James used the word "religion" and referred to it as pure religion. The book of James was not directed to Gentile believers. It was directed to law keeping Jews, James 1:1. I don't like to associate Christianity with organized religion, simply because organized religion is not really of the faith, though many think that it is.

Robert Pate

Banned
You cannot say all religion lacks faith without redefining the word.
Not all Catholics are lost to Christ. Some are lost some are part of the body
I been rather critical of Catholicism in past years.
The historical Gospel of Jesus Christ is the gateway into heaven. All that have faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus have eternal life. Catholics and others that reject the Gospel as their only means of salvation are unbelievers.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The historical Gospel of Jesus Christ is the gateway into heaven. All that have faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus have eternal life. Catholics and others that reject the Gospel as their only means of salvation are unbelievers.
Then it is good is in charge and not you. You would condemn many who have total faith in Christ ,yet are influenced by the teachings of thier church.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then it is good is in charge and not you. You would condemn many who have total faith in Christ ,yet are influenced by the teachings of thier church.
I have never met a Catholic that had total faith in Christ. If they had faith in Christ they would not need the Catholic church. The Catholic church is their God and their savior.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have never met a Catholic that had total faith in Christ. If they had faith in Christ they would not need the Catholic church. The Catholic church is their God and their savior.
What is your point? I used to be hard on Catholics too, but God said not to judge.

borntosurf

Peter says in 1Pe 1: “ CONCERNING THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY IN THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS

The prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: :11 Searching what, or what manner of time “ THE SPIRIT OF THE ANOINTING / CHRIST “ WHICH WAS IN THEM -

did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of THE ANOINTING / CHRIST .......

:12 ... which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven..

We see clearly that the very same Spirit of Yahoshua himself, is The Same Spirit that had been previously sent to earth as THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROPHECY. – to the prophets in the Old testament..

also - Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth - “ THE SPIRIT OF HIS SON “ - into your hearts, crying, FATHER, FATHER.

This means that when God sends down “ The Holy Spirit Of His Son “ our hearts will cry out father, father

And - Php 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the SUPPLY of “ the Spirit of Yahoshua, THE ANOINTING

to be in Christ - this is to be in the Anointing - what is the Anointing, is this another Greek word " CHRIST " that has never been translated into English ?

His Spirit is the invisible Spirit, Holy of the Father Creator in the manifestation, form of what is being applied, ANOINTED - placed, applied, positioned, stationed, appointed, working, rubbing, moving anointing - the idea of contact; to smear or rub with oil, to handle); to furnish what is needed; , to apply and to use.

This is the role of Jesus the Anointing that Gods Spirit has applied HIS SACRIFICE for our salvation and also for communication to Him, the eternal spirit, Jesus is the eternal God because his very spirit was the Spirit, Holy - In the beginning was the word that is the creative power and creating force of the Spirit of God,

this word, that is God himself, this word is creating literally creating and conceiving itself as a manifestation of the Spirit, Holy, the Father conceiving himself - in the womb of a woman - the word was with God - The God that was the word - the word was made flesh.

Here in - 1Pe 1:2, - The ““ SPIRIT OF GOD HIMSELF ““ - has sanctified the blood of Jesus Christ unto obedience and the blood of the Spirit, Holy has been showered and sprinkled literally as Jesus himself - ““ The Anointing ““

1Pe 1:2 through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Spirit Holy hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased WITH HIS OWN BLOOD

Jesus is literally the blood of the Spirit, Holy - whom the Spirit of God himself had conceived as himself - God’s very own spirit conceived himself in the likeness of sinful flesh.

Heb 13:12 Therefore also Jesus that sanctified by his own blood the people outside the gate, suffered

This is why it was important for God to conceive himself formed as the manifestation or form / morph of Jesus, the ANOINTING of his Spirit, Holy. His blood was sanctified by the eternal spirit of the Father, the Spirit Of The Holy that dwelled in him.

when the Anointing is applied in our lives we are in the Anointing of the Spirit Holy Of God.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To be in Christ means one believes God raised him from the dead (most don't) and confess his name. When one does that, the Holy
Spirit baptizes (immerse) the believer into Christ. The believer is crucified with Christ and raised up with Christ.

borntosurf

The Lord Jesus Christ is always important topic fore me too

please notice exactly what 1Pe 1: 10 - 12 is saying

:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of The ANOINTING / CHRIST which was IN them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of the anointing / Christ, and the glory that should follow.

:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Spirit Holy sent down from heaven.......................

this is explaining that the prophets did not receive the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ the son of God was never revealed to them

- revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us - - - -

they ministered the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Spirit Holy sent down from heaven

but we see in the manuscripts that Christ / The Anointing was IN these Old Testament prophets as they suffered as prophets who were filled with Christ in them- the spirit of God anointing them

and ..... their very suffering that they endured for the sake of the Anointing / Christ in them signified and declared and testified the future suffering of Christ / The Anointing - the Son Of God - to come in the future. This was not revealed to them as knowledge and understanding they understood - this was kept secret, hidden from them, unknown,.

meaning = they are a testimony that the Anointing / Christ was in them - but they did not testify of the Son Of God, whom was born in the last days " Jesus The Anointing but testified of the Spirit of the Eternal anointing them / Christ, the eternal word.

he did not yet exist in human flesh and was not yet born as a son whom the Spirit of God in him is the one eternal God manifested as the Christ / Anointing.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life,
Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my word hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luk 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word ,
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word , in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called " The word of God "

the
word - is what the spirit of the father always commands and sends - as a manifestation and activation of himself that is visibly and actionable in the universe and also the word is manifested by sending his Spirit, Holy to earth as the Anointing / Christ - the word.

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that the Anointing should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

God was in the Anointing son of God reconciling the world unto himself - the Spirit of God committed himself to become manifested as the very spirit of the man Yahashua and this Spirit of God suffered and offered himself in Yahashua - through the eternal spirit.

Gary K

Banned
This heresy was started by a SDA minister by the name of Jack Sequira. What it boils down to is that we were all in Jesus' loins when He died on the cross so in essence we died for our own sins.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
This heresy was started by a SDA minister by the name of Jack Sequira. What it boils down to is that we were all in Jesus' loins when He died on the cross so in essence we died for our own sins.
That's sordid!

Gary K

Banned
That's sordid!
That it is. Sequira called it the "in Christ motif". He died two or three years ago, thankfully. I've run across some of his followers and they held some very strange beliefs. One was really strange. He believed Job was self righteous and that's why God allowed Satan to tempt Job. Also he believed that if we don't give away everything we own we are not following Jesus' command to love our neighbor as ourselves.

When we no longer believe in the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus the devil will lead us where ever he chooses.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Also he believed that if we don't give away everything we own we are not following Jesus' command to love our neighbor as ourselves.
That sort of thinking is so short-sighted and self-defeating. If one must give away everything he/she owns in order to be obedient to Jesus' command to love our neighbor as ourselves, then what of the person(s) to whom it must be given? I mean, what's the recipient (the new owner) supposed to do with the donated wealth? Give it to someone else, in turn, in order to also be obedient to Jesus' supposed command to give away everything one owns? Where would such a series of handoffs end?