What does it mean to accept Jesus?

republicanchick

it means DOING what he says

When someone asked Jesus what must he do to be saved, Jesus said Obey the commandments

OK, well what if someone is raised not knowing the commandments?

I would say it is time to read them.

and it is time for Christians to provide opportunities for others to read the Words of Christ..

Jesus rejects those who merely say "We ate and drank in your presence..." Lk 13:24

____

republicanchick

having a conversion experience, a one time event... and then going on to "live your life" as you choose without following Jesus's commands (which requires you to be in HIS Church, not the man made ones)

is NOT being a Christian

and you will end up in Hell if you take that path...

only those who do the will of the Fahter will get to Heaven

I would tend to think that not rejecting the Father's Church would be a good way to do His will

___

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 1:12-13 NASB - 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Many received Jesus during His ministry.

HisServant

When someone asked Jesus what must he do to be saved, Jesus said Obey the commandments

and it is time for Christians to provide opportunities for others to read the Words of Christ..

Jesus rejects those who merely say "We ate and drank in your presence..." Lk 13:24

____

The audience to those words were Old Covenant Jews who were still under obligation to keep the commandments. Hence Jesus said such a thing.

Paul states...

5Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”a 6But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ”b (that is, to bring Christ down) 7“or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’ ”c (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”d that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”e 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”f

I encourage you to read the entire book/chapter that contains the above and see for yourself.

Last edited:

God's Truth

____

What you say is excellent, and it is the truth; however, do you as a Catholic obey Jesus? No, Catholics do not.

God's Truth

Tell me, how do Catholics obey this:

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Matthew 23:8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Catholics call their brothers 'father', and their 'fathers' call each other 'father'.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I do not call my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn.

Now, tell me how Catholics obey this when it comes to infants:

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Catholics baptize infants who cannot repent and believe.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I got baptized when I could repent and believe.

Your turn.

Tell me how do Catholics obey this:

Acts 10:25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence.

Acts 10:26 But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."

Catholics bow to their pope.

I do not bow to any other Christian.

Your turn.

How do Catholics obey this:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Catholics pray to Mary and their other "saints".

I pray only to Jesus.

Your turn.

How do Catholics obey this:

Leviticus 26:1 "'You must not make for yourselves idols, so you must not set up for yourselves a carved image or a pillar, and you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down before it, for I am the LORD your God.

Catholic bow to their statues.

I do not bow to any statue.

Your turn.

turbosixx

having a conversion experience, a one time event... and then going on to "live your life" as you choose without following Jesus's commands (which requires you to be in HIS Church, not the man made ones)

is NOT being a Christian

I would tend to think that not rejecting the Father's Church would be a good way to do His will

___

I agree with everything you have said here. Where we differ is his church is not the catholic church.

Is this HIS church? It's says it's Peter's church. Why is his name not on HIS church?

Church-Sign-e1322591487870.jpg

God's Truth

I agree with everything you have said here. Where we differ is his church is not the catholic church.

Is this HIS church? It's says it's Peter's church. Why is his name not on HIS church?

Church-Sign-e1322591487870.jpg

What a good observation. All Catholic churches are named after mere humans.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What does it mean to accept Jesus?
We don't accept Him. Through His foreknowledge, faith and grace, we are made accepted in Him!

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ahh, but He never said that TO you as He was not sent TO you while on earth!

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

heir

TOL Subscriber

is NOT being a Christian

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

You'll perish for receiving not the love of the truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that you could be saved

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The will of God is that all men be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). So, get saved and endevour to come unto the knowledge of the truth by 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Those who are saved are baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV the church, which is His Body Colossians 1:24 KJV). That's neither the church you are affiliated with nor the baptism your religion imposes.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

It's already done!

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

God's Truth

Ahh, but He never said that TO you as He was not sent TO you while on earth!

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

While Jesus was on earth, he went only to those who already belonged to God.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

Jesus' words are forever to all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
While Jesus was on earth, he went only to those who already belonged to God.
vs.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.
Acts 11:19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

God's Truth

vs.

Those are the people who already belonged to God.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Acts 11:19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

When Jesus was crucified, then all men could come to him to be saved.

John 12:31 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

republicanchick

There are seven congregations addressed in Revelation 2 & 3, are they not all his congregations?

all Catholic Churches teach the same doctrines/dogmas/practices

(if not, don't go to t hat Church)

But that said, there is a lot of strange stuff going on in Christ's Church, stuff that aint supposed to happen... But oh well... we all know how things go in the human realm... sigh

I wonder sometimes how it is that Jesus can love us... I frankly don't think the Father does... except that i know He does b/c he gave us Jesus...

___

republicanchick

The work of God is to believe in Jesus!

Truthfully and honestly we are all just believing in Christ who saved us, not us behaving a little better that saved us. We even make it our life goal (which every saint should) to spread the news of Christs work that did save us. We are to 'work' in that way, which is only proper. But we cannot 'work' to remove a sin or to be accepted by God. I believe we all express our faiths through our actions

this is heretical

again, when Jesus was asked what we must do to be saved, he didn't say Have faith in me or Accept me as savior... not that those things are bad..

but he said

Obey the commandmnets...

The devil is putting false beliefs into people's heads and they are gladly accepting them... 2 their own detriment and possible damnation..

__
____

Daniel1611

this is heretical

again, when Jesus was asked what we must do to be saved, he didn't say Have faith in me or Accept me as savior... not that those things are bad..

but he said

Obey the commandmnets...

The devil is putting false beliefs into people's heads and they are gladly accepting them... 2 their own detriment and possible damnation..

__
____

He said "He that BELIEVETH in Me hath everlasting life.". " Whosoever BELIEVETH in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.". "I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish"