What do You Think of some of the Newer Threads?

PureX

What do you think of some of the newer threads?
We are in one of those periods of TOL lame-o-time. As once again the holier-than-everyone-else club has driven off anyone that dared to disagree with them so that most of the threads seem to be little more than personal fits of sputtering religiosity and self-righteousness. Plus the usual never-ending and never-resolving debate about abortion, and general political idiocy.

Frankly, I've been poking around on other sites, lately, because this one has become so lame, lately, intellectually.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why debate if there is no influence?

If I say red is the best colour and another says green is the best colour and no one will change, all we have is:
red
green
red
green
red
green
and so on.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Whenever a presidential election draws near, that subject comes.

Because that's the type of thing many people base their votes on- and then wonder why we end up with bad presidents :rolleyes:

It's true, too many conservatives vote on just one or two issues regardless of policy and ability.

PureX

Most of the threads I have reviewed seem to have disagreement where there is no real influence. People argue the issues, yet no one cares to change their outlook.
There are too many folks here who cannot and will not listen to anyone else. They're only here to spew their own ideology at everyone else. But not to actually listen to anyone else's ideas.

It's boring, and selfish, and a waste of time to even engage with them.

I'll be reading a thread and think of something I could interject, and then I think; "Why bother? No one here will even read what I post for it's actual content. They will only read it to dismiss it, if they bother to read it at all."

genuineoriginal

Well sure, when you use yourself as the model for all things holy, everyone else appears to come up short.
I don't use myself as the model for what is holy and what is not, I use the standard written in the Bible.
Your position on most things falls on the unholy side of the Biblical standard.