What do you not understand wit5h theswe verses?

God's Truth

Not according to scripture. Paul explains that the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.

You have it out of order.

We wouldn't be alive if we did not firstly have a spirit.

It sounds to me that you are involved in a denomination that does not believe in the life of the spirit after the death of the body.

Here is the one scripture that should stop the Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Messianic Jews, Christadelphians, and any religion who say people do not go to heaven.

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut off the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

There are other false doctrines in those religions, but that one scripture should be enough to stop any further involvement.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Here is the one scripture that should stop the Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Messianic Jews, Christadelphians, and any religion who say people do not go to heaven.

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut off the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

There are other false doctrines in those religions, but that one scripture should be enough to stop any further involvement.

:rotfl: How funny.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus has a God because Jesus is God the Father come as a MAN.
Wrong!
John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

The Father and Jesus are two different personalities.

keypurr

keypurr: "Here are some random proof texts that disprove the trinity."

several others: "Here's a simple explanation that shows you may be misreading those proof texts."

keypurr: "You all are stupid and dumb and stupidly dumb."

I think that a lot of fine folks live by tradition, that's a problem. They will never see the mistakes our forefathers made. After 70 years of study I feel quite confident that my faith is correct.

keypurr

16) Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there Am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.
17) Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I Am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth by the way that thou shouldest go.
Isaiah 48:16-17

For some weird reason I believe this is the Word (John 1:1-14) speaking so not only John but Jesus Himself state that Jesus is One of Three Members of the Godhead, Colossians 2:9. A good human example of three making one is the US federal goverment we have 3 branches yet 1 government that is each branch is the government but not an individual government unto themselves, many believe the founding fathers of the US took the example of Trinity from the Bible, Isaiah 33:22.

Welcome to TOL.

John 1 is more about the LOGOS that was IN Jesus than it was about about the MAN Jesus. I see the true son of God as a spirit being, the express image of the Father.

Bradley D

I believe Jesus was fully divine and fully man.

"…who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" (Philippians 2:7).

God the Father is God to me. Jesus His Son is also divine. Some call Jesus along with the Holy Spirit God's also. I would question that in that it seems to go against the Judea/Christian belief in one God. So as for now it is to me one of those mysteries that I may not understand until I pass on.

keypurr

"…who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" (Philippians 2:7).

God the Father is God to me. Jesus His Son is also divine. Some call Jesus along with the Holy Spirit God's also. I would question that in that it seems to go against the Judea/Christian belief in one God. So as for now it is to me one of those mysteries that I may not understand until I pass on.

How do we define the word "divine"? I see it as Godlike, if you think the same we agree. But that in itself does not make Jesus God.

keypurr

Are you saying that Christ, the true son of God as a spirit being, did not die?

I see the spirit son becoming flesh and died on the cross as flesh.

The express image is a spirit. The true son was SENT, Jusus was Born.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The express image is a spirit.

And when Jesus comes we will be just like him, an express image of our Father.

Our mother produces a physical image of the Father and our Brother produces a spiritual image of our Father.

God's Truth

Wrong!
John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

The Father and Jesus are two different personalities.

Besides the part about being flesh---tell me how the Father and Son are different.

God's Truth

Welcome to TOL.

John 1 is more about the LOGOS that was IN Jesus than it was about about the MAN Jesus. I see the true son of God as a spirit being, the express image of the Father.

Jesus says the flesh counts for NOTHING. Not only that, the Bible says there is ONLY ONE SPIRIT.

You make different Spirits. You make a God the Father Spirit and another Spirit called the Son Spirit.

God's Truth

This is a good scripture showing that Jesus is God the Father with a body, because the scripture says Jesus was in the FORM of God. What is God the Father's form? God the Father's form is Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Besides the part about being flesh---tell me how the Father and Son are different.

You don't understand English? The verse is very explicit in showing that the Father and the Son are different personalities. Read it again.

God's Truth

You don't understand English? The verse is very explicit in showing that the Father and the Son are different personalities. Read it again.

Tell me how they are different. In what ways are they different?

Jesus says he ONLY SAYS what the FATHER says.

Jesus says he only DOES what the Father does.

So guess what? You will never be able to think of any differences, no matter how hard you try.