What Bob Really Stands For Would Make Bush Weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Coffee

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack
I hate to burst your bubble, but He's alive, and on Judgement Day, you will bow your knee and confess that He is Lord.
You can come to your senses now, cgregory, and that will be a happy moment.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by cgregory
we're not talking about robbers, your trying to compare an act to a lifestyle. To compare homos to robbers is basically a desperate attempt to get your point across.
Ever heard of AIDS? Homosexuality is not a victimless crime.

As for christian citizens, here's the deal, I believe ALL religions should be abolished from government.
Including the religion of secular humanism?

I could care less who you worship and what you worship, but don't do it on tax payers time.
But when Christians vote, they vote for candidates who they believe will pass laws that conform to Biblical principles. Should Christians be allowed to do this or do you think Christians should have to renounce their Christianity before they enter the voting booth and then reconvert upon exiting the voting booth?

On this same idea, why is it that you wish to make sure this government is run by christians???
Because Christians are the only people who are qualified to make laws. Christians read the Bible. Nonchristians reject God. Nonchristians reject any notion of truth or fundamental morality. Therefore, nonchristians have disqualified themselves. Nonchristians do not know right from wrong. Christians do. Not that Christians are infallable, but they have humbled themselves to God's opinion. Nonchristians have not. Therefore, nonchristians are disqualified. Christians are qualified.

Let's say for example you get your wish, would jews be listed as second class citizens then? Or muslims? Or sikkhs? Or wiccans?
No.

Would these religions be protected under that frame work? I.E., would they be allwoed the freedom to evangilize their growth?
Yes.

Would they be allowed to teach their truths in schools??
In their own private schools, yes. Government schools should be abolished.

Would we honour their holidays?
They would be free to honour any holiday they want. And I would be free to publicly ridicule their holiday if I chose to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but christ has been dead for well over 2,000 years now.
Are you familiar with the evidence that Jesus was raised from the dead?

If so, please demonstrate by giving some of the strongest examples of evidence and explain why the evidence is insufficient.

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Jefferson
Ever heard of AIDS? Homosexuality is not a victimless crime.

Including the religion of secular humanism?

But when Christians vote, they vote for candidates who they believe will pass laws that conform to Biblical principles. Should Christians be allowed to do this or do you think Christians should have to renounce their Christianity before they enter the voting booth and then reconvert upon exiting the voting booth?

Because Christians are the only people who are qualified to make laws. Christians read the Bible. Nonchristians reject God. Nonchristians reject any notion of truth or fundamental morality. Therefore, nonchristians have disqualified themselves. Nonchristians do not know right from wrong. Christians do. Not that Christians are infallable, but they have humbled themselves to God's opinion. Nonchristians have not. Therefore, nonchristians are disqualified. Christians are qualified.

No.

Yes.

In their own private schools, yes. Government schools should be abolished.

They would be free to honour any holiday they want. And I would be free to publicly ridicule their holiday if I chose to do so.
because christians are the only people who are qualified to make laws. christians read the bible. non christians reject god non christians reject and notion of truth or fundamental morality. therefore non christians have disqualified themselves.

So in other words you believe in a dictatorship? This is unbelivable! Thankfully this will never ever happen. When the constitution was created it was created to give every person certain rights, and by your own words only christians can create laws, well I can prove you wrong on so many counts. The biggest is the constitution, I guess you didn't know that most-not all of the creators of the constitution were non christians! They were also slave owners, guess that's okay with you as well. My point is, your argument is flawed. Laws can be governed and created by common sense. Its common sense that a person not kill someone, some do it, but we created laws based on the fact that is not permitted in most cases. But the arogance you show me now makes me shutter to think that you know whats best for me, wow, what arrogance you have. This is why we had the crusades. Because people like you decided that living with one another was not good enough, but they decided(christian leaders) that they needed to conquer as well. You say that each person would be governed by christians, I don't want you to oppress me. Just because someone is not christian does not make that person a evil person. There have been many great men in history who were non christian. But see, that's not your goal, your goal is to dominate and control the united states and its leaders with your view, and thats fine in a small way, but the rest of us would put up a hell of a fight to never allow that to happen. As far as I'm concerned this is another cult tactic to control people and force them to believe their ideas, and being jewish I shutter to that idea.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So in other words you believe in a dictatorship?
God set up a monarchy with king David's throne. Who am I to disagree with God? I'm not that arrogant. Apparently you are.

Laws can be governed and created by common sense.
Sure they can but the people who create those laws will be violating Deuteronomy 12:8 - "You shall not do according to all that we do here today, each doing whatever is right in his own eyes."

But the arogance you show me now makes me shutter to think that you know whats best for me, wow, what arrogance you have.
I'm not the one who thinks he knows better than God what laws should govern a society. Who's the arrogant one?

You say that each person would be governed by christians, I don't want you to oppress me.
How would I oppress you? Would I oppress you by allowing you to practice any religion you want? Is that how I would oppress you? Would I be oppressing you by "imposing" upon you an income tax under 10% (I Samuel 8)? Would I oppress you by cancelling all of your current debts in accordance with the Biblical law of Jubilee? Please elaborate how I would oppress you?

But see, that's not your goal, your goal is to dominate and control the united states and its leaders with your view,
That's everyone's goal who walks into a voting booth.

Question: I vote for canditates who are in favor of the death penalty. I do so because the Bible commands the death penalty for capital criminals and I am trying to conform America's laws to Biblical law. In your view, should I be allowed to do this?

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
Look, I'm tired of arguing this. It'll never happen because to be quite frank, your a very small minority and that minority is growing smaller by the minute. I live part of my time in Italy and I support the EU which the US will one day be a part of like it or not. As a filmmaker I try to enlighten people by the films I creae, which to you you and your cult followers would try to stop or at least regulate(you can't regulate morality which is why we get into so much chaos) but as a jew, I disagree with you wholeheartedly on your biblical references, you seem to quote the old testament which by all logical accounts that from a christian view point aren't you in grace now??? From my understanding of religious teachings, when christ came he broke the law and allowed grace. You seem legalistic as well as enyart, you see mto want to follow the law, which as a jew we feel or tend to feel is outdated for us today. And when it comes down to it, its just a book we should learn by, I don't buy everything it says because its just insane to believe it. I'll stick to my Rabbi. adios!

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Jefferson
God set up a monarchy with king David's throne. Who am I to disagree with God? I'm not that arrogant. Apparently you are.

Sure they can but the people who create those laws will be violating Deuteronomy 12:8 - "You shall not do according to all that we do here today, each doing whatever is right in his own eyes."

I'm not the one who thinks he knows better than God what laws should govern a society. Who's the arrogant one?

How would I oppress you? Would I oppress you by allowing you to practice any religion you want? Is that how I would oppress you? Would I be oppressing you by "imposing" upon you an income tax under 10% (I Samuel 8)? Would I oppress you by cancelling all of your current debts in accordance with the Biblical law of Jubilee? Please elaborate how I would oppress you?

That's everyone's goal who walks into a voting booth.

Question: I vote for canditates who are in favor of the death penalty. I do so because the Bible commands the death penalty for capital criminals and I am trying to conform America's laws to Biblical law. In your view, should I be allowed to do this?

By all means, I could care less. But capital punishment has never solved the crimes here. That is a myth which you've bought into by one man. Look at the thousands of people who have been executed that WAS NOT GUILTY! We kill more blacks than whites, and recently DNA evidence has shown that there have been tragically men who have died trying to save their life by repeatedly voicing their innocence. Where's your logic then? What happened??? Why support something that is basically racist??? Look at chicago and that state? You would have put to death innocent men who we now know is not guilty by dna evidence, which you probably hate don't you? Your probably a white middle class guy who hates blacks that's why you push capital murder, and don't say that cop out line of its capital punishment, call it what it is, murder! I assure you that within 15 years capital murders will no longer be a part of this country when bush gets impeached for deceiving a nation. Thank God.

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
So you do not believe everyone who has died on death row was indded innocent??? How do you answer the DNA factor?? And why is it that more blacks are incarcerated and executed than whites? please explain?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(you can't regulate morality which is why we get into so much chaos)
A government can't outlaw murder? Or rape? or theft?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Turbo
I will bet a Vanilla Coke that cgregory has no clue as to why you just asked that question. :chuckle:

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
I confronted you with a very valid question. Yet you will not answer. Why is there more blacks than whites on death row? Why has DNA shown in the past that innocent people have died in your death cells? Why is it that a man in chicago that was on death row was freed after 20 years and scheduled for execution that month was rleased after DNA tests showed he did not commited the crime yet the christian right was furious at his release and yet he did not commit the crime, are you that blood thirsty?? Just think of your self righteous blood thirst if he had been executed and then we find out he was innocent, should judges then be held accountable? Your logic is flawed. Christ never agreed to this kind of thinking!

One Eyed Jack

I confronted you with a very valid question. Yet you will not answer. Why is there more blacks than whites on death row?

Maybe they just happen to commit more murders than whites.

Why has DNA shown in the past that innocent people have died in your death cells?

Examples?

Why is it that a man in chicago that was on death row was freed after 20 years and scheduled for execution that month was rleased after DNA tests showed he did not commited the crime yet the christian right was furious at his release and yet he did not commit the crime, are you that blood thirsty??

If it's been proven that he didn't commit the crime, why would anyone be angry about him being released?

Just think of your self righteous blood thirst if he had been executed and then we find out he was innocent, should judges then be held accountable?

The judge doesn't determine guilt or innocence in a murder case. The jury does.

Your logic is flawed.

I don't think you're qualified to determine whether or not someone's logic is flawed, seeing as how you haven't used any yet. Every post you've made so far has been an emotional rant.

Christ never agreed to this kind of thinking!

How do you know that?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but christ has been dead for well over 2,000 years now.
Are you familiar with the evidence that Jesus was raised from the dead?

If so, please demonstrate by giving some of the strongest examples of evidence and explain why the evidence is insufficient.

(you can't regulate morality which is why we get into so much chaos)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Just a couple of observations...for one thing, gregory deserves better than what he's gotten on this and a few other threads, with the peanut gallery simply ganging up on him in the stereotypical right-wing wacko way. If we're going to beat the guy up, at least do it constructively...

You know, gregory, for someone who claims not to be a Christian, you lecture professing Christians on the nature of Christ and his teaching quite a bit. And your dismissal of Bob Enyart--who at least had the courage to admit to his sin, unlike the president you so vigorously defend--reveals your intolerance, which of course you'll deny.

By the way, Christ was explicit throughout his ministry: he hadn't come to abolish the law, the prophets, or Moses, but rather to fulfill them. Your understanding of Christianity is flawed, like many Jews I encounter today. (Frankly the church has brought a lot of that on itself, given our less-than-stellar track record with our Jewish cousins, but I digress.) Given the fact that much of Judaism has abandoned the law, as you point out, it shouldn't surprise anyone that the Jewish faith suffers much of the same weakness and degradation as the Christian church.

granite

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by granite1010
Just a couple of observations...for one thing, gregory deserves better than what he's gotten on this and a few other threads, with the peanut gallery simply ganging up on him in the stereotypical right-wing wacko way. If we're going to beat the guy up, at least do it constructively...

I don't mind getting into the ring. as I stated befoe, Im a liberal and am willing to defend my ideas.

You know, gregory, for someone who claims not to be a Christian, you lecture professing Christians on the nature of Christ and his teaching quite a bit. And your dismissal of Bob Enyart--who at least had the courage to admit to his sin, unlike the president you so vigorously defend--reveals your intolerance, which of course you'll deny.

4 years of biblical studies from hebrew and christian teachings.

By the way, Christ was explicit throughout his ministry: he hadn't come to abolish the law, the prophets, or Moses, but rather to fulfill them. Your understanding of Christianity is flawed, like many Jews I encounter today. (Frankly the church has brought a lot of that on itself, given our less-than-stellar track record with our Jewish cousins, but I digress.) Given the fact that much of Judaism has abandoned the law, as you point out, it shouldn't surprise anyone that the Jewish faith suffers much of the same weakness and degradation as the Christian church.

I agree somewhat. My understanding is based on 1. raised in a christian home by christian parents. 2. my grandmother was still jewish and I converted to her faith. Yes the jews have just as much flaws as the christian church. its hard to compete though with the TBNers running around blowing on people.

granite

drbrumley

So you do not believe everyone who has died on death row was indded innocent??? How do you answer the DNA factor?? And why is it that more blacks are incarcerated and executed than whites? please explain?

CGregory, didn't we just go over this? I proved your statement about blacks was wrong. Yet here you are spouting the same crap. All you need to do I go to any staes Dept. of Corrections page and it will show you exactly whos in where and why and what color they are.

I answered your question CGregrory and now would like you to answer mine.

Why is it you are presented with hard facts and you reject those facts without even looking for yourself?

In Christ,
DRBrumley

P.S.
Jefferson, fine job there about how Christians will be oppressive. Cgregrory, you have yet to answer Jeffersons question. And the question is, "Please elaborate how I would oppress you?"

Granite

Hall of Fame
gregory, whatever lousy experiences with Christianity you may have had as a child, don't take TBN as representative of the Christian faith. Maybe we only have ourselves to blame, but Crouch & Crowd sure don't represent ME.

granite

Status
Not open for further replies.