What Bob Really Stands For Would Make Bush Weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
I'm reading these interesting articles by Bob and this other nut debating the existence of God. And although truly enlightning to read, I am again reminded how dangerious Mr. Enyart really is, or at least his hidden agenda. From a secular position as well as a christian position, we live in a free society-period. But I fear that Mr. Enyart and those that push his type of christian dicatorship agenda is only worsening the problem. We must never forget that man has a free will, no doubt about it, we have that choice, and God has granted us as a body of people and world a choice to live by our own terms. When you push a certain thought agaisnt anothers, that is wrong. I do not condone Bobs idea that all people who are committing adultery should be killed as he believes, I also should note does that include Bobs personal failures as well? Regardless of how much you'd like society to change to your point of view-Bob, you can't. People have to learn on their own, and if they create laws that you do not agree with, guess what, its the law, its what a society has decided is right for themselves and their nation. But my own problem is, why should someone like Bob who has had a real ill natured personal life, i.e., hookers, one night stands, drug user and the such be deemed so highly regarded?? (all documented in his on air program)I really believe we need to take a look at who we follow and understand their motives before indorsing a certain belief. To be fair, I'm sure Bob has not been with any hookers as of late, but I will say, I fear his agenda more than his personal life. For in his world individual thoughts would be regulated, artists would be banned from doing any ype of art that would not be allowed in a christian enviroment, books would be burned that were not christian, films would be destoryed that did not promote christian values. People need to think about these things before supporting a person. We live in a world of different cultures and different races and religions, do you argue to banning all religions?? Should we actually start killing muslims and sikkhs?? Not to mention the amish, well, maybe the amish. I hate following slow moving vehicles. But we must never forget that God has allowed free will and a free society and until he comes down here himself to make the changes, I will rely on my god given right to vote for my leaders, not those that share a narrow view point of life.

Freak

Re: What Bob Really Stands For Would Make Bush Weak

Originally posted by cgregory But my own problem is, why should someone like Bob who has had a real ill natured personal life, i.e., hookers, one night stands, drug user and the such be deemed so highly regarded??

Where is the documentation?

Freak

Originally posted by cgregory
I'm reading these interesting articles by Bob and this other nut debating the existence of God.

"this other nut" is Zakath :zakath:

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
I have a tape of one of his shows in which Bob discussed his own failures in life. I won't venture further into it, but if he actualy reads these posts he knows the truth. Why did I mention it then you may ask? Simple, I believe in a fair shake or in laymans terms, an equal playing field. KNow who your enemy is and know his weakness. When someone stands up and makes claims that certain people violate his own ideas of perfection commune lviing world, then that person needs to be shown to all that he himself is flawed.

Crow

Uh, cgregory, did Bob ever say that he himself did not stand condemned for his actions that you mentioned? I'm pretty sure Bob would be the first person to admit that he did not EARN a place in the kingdom of God, and that he deserved whatever Biblical punishments his sins called for, but here's an idea for you--Bob Enyart is a member of this forum--why don't you PM him and ask him to clarify things here?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

I am again reminded how dangerious Mr. Enyart really is, or at least his hidden agenda.
"Hidden?" What's hidden about it?

From a secular position as well as a christian position, we live in a free society-period. But I fear that Mr. Enyart and those that push his type of christian dicatorship agenda is only worsening the problem. We must never forget that man has a free will, no doubt about it, we have that choice, and God has granted us as a body of people and world a choice to live by our own terms. When you push a certain thought agaisnt anothers, that is wrong.
Does the "christian position" demand that robbers should be "free" to live their chosen life-style?

I do not condone Bobs idea that all people who are committing adultery should be killed as he believes,
Are you a Christian? If so, upon what verse of scripture do you base your view of the proper punishment for adultery?

Regardless of how much you'd like society to change to your point of view-Bob, you can't.
But it happens all the time. For example, homosexuals are succeeding today in changing laws for their benefit. If they are allowed to work to change laws, then why isn't Enyart?

People have to learn on their own, and if they create laws that you do not agree with, guess what, its the law, its what a society has decided is right for themselves and their nation.
But our laws allow citizens the freedom to work to change laws as the individual citizen sees fit. Do you believe that all citizens should have this right except for fundamentalist Christians? Do you believe that fundamentalist Christians should be legally declared by the government to be second-class citizens?

But my own problem is, why should someone like Bob who has had a real ill natured personal life, i.e., hookers, one night stands, drug user and the such be deemed so highly regarded?? (all documented in his on air program)
Because those failures occured decades ago. People change.

For in his world individual thoughts would be regulated,
Please prove this accusation with a direct quote from Enyart and provide your source.

artists would be banned from doing any ype of art that would not be allowed in a christian enviroment,
Wrong. Only forms of public nudity would be illegal.

books would be burned that were not christian, films would be destoryed that did not promote christian values.
Again, please prove this accusation with a direct quote from Enyart and provide your source.

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
as a non christian I stand by my views on Mr. Enyart. As for homosexuality, who cares???? I mean really, is it any bodys business what one person does behind the bedroom door? Didn't we see this thought rear its ugly head during clintons sex romp by the intrusive Ken Star? I am a filmmaker, an artist who cares not one one person does sexually or who they do sexually in the privacy of their own home. Also, you made mention that only art work created in nude form should be banished, okay, I'm slowly stopping from laughing right now, but seriously dude, wake up. I was at the Vatican last year and they have wonderful artful creations, some nude some non-nude, what's the big deal? Are you that much of a puritan when it comes to sex and the naked body??? When God created man he made them naked, not wearing blue jeans. I personally have never been harmed while looking at the form of a beautiful woman, actually it makes me very happy to be a guy, guess what that's called?? Normal. As for Bobs personal life, so be it, yes maybe it was in the past, but seriously though, how do we know for sure??? Do we really know whats in a mans heart? Swaggert kept telling everyone he was fine, then low and behold he gets caught again. My point is sir, is that we never know truly what a man thinks in his heart, we try to find out and judge his works, but we truly don't know. I for one don't trust anyone-period. It's safer that way.
later

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
cgregory:

This is supposed to be a conversation. Please respond to my questions. You wrote:

I am again reminded how dangerious Mr. Enyart really is, or at least his hidden agenda.
"Hidden?" What's hidden about it?

From a secular position as well as a christian position, we live in a free society-period. But I fear that Mr. Enyart and those that push his type of christian dicatorship agenda is only worsening the problem. We must never forget that man has a free will, no doubt about it, we have that choice, and God has granted us as a body of people and world a choice to live by our own terms. When you push a certain thought agaisnt anothers, that is wrong.
Does the "christian position" demand that robbers should be "free" to live their chosen life-style?

People have to learn on their own, and if they create laws that you do not agree with, guess what, its the law, its what a society has decided is right for themselves and their nation.
But our laws allow citizens the freedom to work to change laws as the individual citizen sees fit. Do you believe that all citizens should have this right except for fundamentalist Christians? Do you believe that fundamentalist Christians should be legally declared by the government to be second-class citizens?

For in his world individual thoughts would be regulated,
Please prove this accusation with a direct quote from Enyart and provide your source.

books would be burned that were not christian, films would be destoryed that did not promote christian values.
Again, please prove this accusation with a direct quote from Enyart and provide your source.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
we're not talking about robbers, your trying to compare an act to a lifestyle. To compare homos to robbers is basically a desperate attempt to get your point across.

As for christian citizens, here's the deal, I believe ALL religions should be abolished from government. I could care less who you worship and what you worship, but don't do it on tax payers time. On this same idea, why is it that you wish to make sure this government is run by christians??? Let's say for example you get your wish, would jews be listed as second class citizens then? Or muslims? Or sikkhs? Or wiccans? Would these religions be protected under that frame work? I.E., would they be allwoed the freedom to evangilize their growth? Would they be allowed to teach their truths in schools?? Would we honour their holidays? You want this country back to be christian right? Well, what would you allow?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As for Bobs personal life, so be it, yes maybe it was in the past, but seriously though, how do we know for sure??? Do we really know whats in a mans heart?
By this logic how would we know YOUR heart????

Maybe your a puppy murderer? :D

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
puppy murderer? Okay, we're really reaching now arn't we??
I'll admit my own heart-I'm a heathen, so what? At least I'm honest about being a heathen. What gets me is we hold people like Enyart, a known adulterer in a high position yet we condem those that do not follow our ideas of what is right and upstanding. As for me I will never think enyart any more than a whoremonger who abused women for lust and sexual need, kids, and the like and then shield himself in the cloak of religion a self pious self righteous man. He basically has the John Hagee symptoms, by the way, the JOhn Hagee symptoms is where the man (john hagee) cheated on his first wife then married his mistress who is now part of his ministry. And you wonder why christian leaders have a hard time getting converts???

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
puppy murderer? Okay, we're really reaching now arn't we??
I'll admit my own heart-I'm a heathen, so what? At least I'm honest about being a heathen. What gets me is we hold people like Enyart, a known adulterer in a high position yet we condem those that do not follow our ideas of what is right and upstanding. As for me I will never think enyart any more than a whoremonger who abused women for lust and sexual need, kids, and the like and then shield himself in the cloak of religion a self pious self righteous man. He basically has the John Hagee symptoms, by the way, the JOhn Hagee symptoms is where the man (john hagee) cheated on his first wife then married his mistress who is now part of his ministry. And you wonder why christian leaders have a hard time getting converts???
OK... now I am convinced..... your an idiot. :dunce:

But as they say....

But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

cgregory

BANNED
Banned
why am I an idiot? Explain. I tell the truth about those YOU uphold as moral and upright and yet you flinch when the truth hits you and challenges you to actually have to think. I'm sorry you follow someone so blindly, but alas, I guess the old saying stands firm, they shall strain on a nat but swallow a camel. You have my pity.

Sozo

And you wonder why christian leaders have a hard time getting converts???

Christan leaders have plenty of converts, but Jesus has only a few.

If you are going to believe in God because of people, then you will never believe in Him.

Sozo

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but christ has been dead for well over 2,000 years now.

Really? I would say Jesus is dead to you.

Freak

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but christ has been dead for well over 2,000 years now.

Were you aware that on the third day He arose from the dead and that He is alive?

One Eyed Jack

I hate to burst your bubble, but He's alive, and on Judgement Day, you will bow your knee and confess that He is Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.