ECT What are gifts of Grace?

theophilus

I have his requisite "My Utmost for His Highest." I know his bride collected his letters and devotions for this book after his death.

I opened this link and a blue line (loading) chased across the top of the page but nothing else.

???

theophilus

Just tried it again and it loaded completely.

Wonder how many toner cartridges to print this?

Bookmarked!

Thank you!

Cross Reference

Just tried it again and it loaded completely.

Wonder how many toner cartridges to print this?

Bookmarked!

Thank you!

It is about 1100 pages. All of his books minus his autobiography. I have them from Amazon with a CD and large hard cover book. All under $30. The PDF file is a new entry off the internet. I have load loaded it to open in my own PDF to Word processor converter.

If I was to be exiled on a desert island and given the choice of only two books to take with me, one would be His complete works as you have received and my Thompson Chain Reference Bible. There is no one who has given such anointed insight as Chambers and on so many topics.

Glad you have it and pray you will receive him as I have for these many years.

Lovin' Jesus,

Cross

theophilus

IF I could only pick two books I would have my Bible and Spurgeon's All of Grace." I never tire of reading either.

Merry Christmas CR!

Cross Reference

IF I could only pick two books I would have my Bible and Spurgeon's All of Grace." I never tire of reading either.

Merry Christmas CR!

Thank you and likewise, a very Merry Christmas to you!!

Lets try to get beyond Grace and into "Intimacy" with the King that His Grace has provided for, in the coming year. . ;)

Cross Reference

D. Bonhoeffer - To obey is to believe; to believe is to obey.

Ah yes, Bonhoeffer! He is one of the few others I take to heart.

Ever read his books "Cost of Discipleship" and "Temptation"?

John 14:12-17

John 15 (whole chapter)

Absolutely!!

*and my favorite teacher...http://www.gty.org/resources/articles/A183/intimacy-with-christ

No. Not MacArthur. His take is twisted toward an "incompleteness in Christ". Him being a cessationist will tell you tell that. Don't let him guide you.

theophilus

No. Not MacArthur. His take is twisted toward an incompleteness in Christ. Him being a cessationist will tell you tell that. Don't let him guide you.

I have read Bonhoeffer's "Cost of Discipleship," "Life in Community" and also Eric Metaxas' biography of Bonhoeffer.

I've been listening to MacArthur since 1987. While I don't agree with everything he says, I do believe he teaches hard things well, i.e. personal holiness, personal obedience, personal prayer (I especially enjoy E. M. Bounds on prayer) and our sufficiency in Christ.

I also pull many items from his bibliographies for my library. He is who started me on the Puritans.

Really, it's all good.

Cross Reference

I have read Bonhoeffer's "Cost of Discipleship," "Life in Community" and also Eric Metaxas' biography of Bonhoeffer.

I've been listening to MacArthur since 1987. While I don't agree with everything he says, I do believe he teaches hard things well, i.e. personal holiness, personal obedience, personal prayer (I especially enjoy E. M. Bounds on prayer) and our sufficiency in Christ.

I also pull many items from his bibliographies for my library. He is who started me on the Puritans.

Really, it's all good.

I well understand and I too, have gleaned from many writers antagonistic to the full gospel. Such writers I know to be incomplete because they have to work their way around the need for Pentecost in one's life. That leaves their message short-changed with the only way for the hearer is more head knowledge in theology and service to the church. It won't take anyone home to Father's House. At best it can only make one a better person.

There is a writer of our time who wrote a few books that, though a Pentecostal, explains much from a fresh perspective without ever mentioning the word pentecost. Devern Fromke is his name. Google it and the review of the books I mention below. You won't be disappointed.

The three books I have in mind are "God's Ultimate Intention", "Unto Full Stature and" and "No Other Foundation". They are all, easy reads . . with much to ponder once things begin to unfold. One can buy the first two online for 2.50 with free shipping. "No Other Foundation" is a free online PDF file.

PM me if you think you would like to explore them.

I hope there are no hard feelings re my experience with Johnny Mac? . . .:)

theophilus

I hope there are no hard feelings re my experience with Johnny Mac? . . .:)

There are NOT.

Besides...who said, "All of humankind can not know everything?"

:)

My mother is a Pentecostal and will NEVER EVER believe she is saved until she speaks in tongues (and she's 76). She has always attended AoG and NO ONE can tell her otherwise. May God, in His infinite mercy, help her to understand.

Cross Reference

Besides...who said, "All of humankind can not know everything?"
:)
Amen!

My mother is a Pentecostal and will NEVER EVER believe she is saved until she speaks in tongues (and she's 76).

LoL!! I know what you mean! When it things aren't taught properly these have a tendency to go a little over the top or not at all. The good news is that the Lord knows the heart and I don't of a Pentecostal mother whose heart was "wrong" before the Lord. That said, I also don't know of one whose heart wasn't always at the alter of His Life just to make sure they were covering all the bases.

Sign seeking instead of His Life seeking Pentecostals usually carry about them an emotion that doesn't cover all the bases of what Jesus would have them understand about the teaching of the Holy Spirit. Now, having said that, I don't know of any other Christian sect that has more going for them then the Pentecostals i.e., more 'tools' to work with in this life. I have the full confidence to say rest easy re you mother. Her salvation is secure and our response to her doubt can only be to celebrate that we know to bring a rejoicing into the equation when called for.

She has always attended AoG and NO ONE can tell her otherwise. May God, in His infinite mercy, help her to understand.

As with other Pentecostal efforts, AoG is no exception when considering the pluralistic error of many in the way. I attended for several years and found it to be little more than a step up conservative social religious gathering. My understanding is more narrow that carries with it a cost, an abandonment to God. Chambers, Fromke and now Bonhoeffer, have very instrumental in help me operate out the "imitation bacon bits" from the real ones. Both, of course, being "salty" but only one worth it..