ECT WHAT 1 Cor 2:14 IS SAYING TO ALL !!

Danoh

Hi and BAPTISM / BAPTIZO were part of the message to Israel and are NOT part of the Gospel of Grace !!

I call them Acts 2 , because they use a FEAST DAY of Israel , PENTECOST !!

Jews are in the Body of Christ IF they are saved by Grace and not until then , and then lose there IDENtity in Christ as Gal 3:28 says !!

When you get a chance , say what 1 Cor 1:17 means as scripture to you ??

dan p

Derf already posted what that means to him - "So Paul baptized Crispus, and under Paul's teaching and authority, others in Paul's group baptized the many other Corinthians who believed."

In other words, the same old traditions of men - their explanations of what 1 Cor. 1:17 is referring to...

Their same old form of "it stands to reason then..."

DAN P

Never is a long time, Dan P. Ask Crispus and Gaius, and the family of Stephanas (1 Cor 1:14,16). And maybe talk to the rest of the Corinthians about whether baptism was the norm:
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the synagogue leader, and his whole household believed in the Lord. And many of the Corinthians who heard the message believed and were baptized.

So Paul baptized Crispus, and under Paul's teaching and authority, others in Paul's group baptized the many other Corinthians who believed.

I guess Paul and the Corinthians, to whom Paul wrote the focal text of your OP, were "Acts 2 so-called believers", eh?

Hi and read Acts 19:5 and tell how Paul BAPTIZED them ?

dan p

Derf

Hi and BAPTISM / BAPTIZO were part of the message to Israel and are NOT part of the Gospel of Grace !!

I call them Acts 2 , because they use a FEAST DAY of Israel , PENTECOST !!

Jews are in the Body of Christ IF they are saved by Grace and not until then , and then lose there IDENtity in Christ as Gal 3:28 says !!

When you get a chance , say what 1 Cor 1:17 means as scripture to you ??

dan p
Hi and read Acts 19:5 and tell how Paul BAPTIZED them ?

dan p
I'm not sure exactly why I need to answer this, as you seem to have contradicted yourself all by your lonesome.

If Christ didn't send Paul to baptize (1 Cor 1:17), why does Paul baptize in ANY way in Acts 19:5? After all, it's only a part of the message to Israel that had been somehow retracted by then, right?

But let's look more closely at 1 Cor 1:17, although when I've done so in the past with you, you jump to some other text.

1 Cor 1:17 doesn't stand on its own. The context is pretty clear that Paul was concerned that people were lining up on his side of some kind of disagreement or division ("there are contentions among you" vs 11)--and that them doing so was hurtful to the cause of Christ("lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect" vs 17)! So he said he was glad he didn't baptize many of them. But he did baptize some! And if Christ did not send him to baptize, why did he baptize some? Wasn't he disregarding Christ's commands?

Let's talk about how they were baptized. Acts 19:5 explains "in the name of the Lord Jesus". Does that mean "not with water"? Maybe. But there's little evidence to suggest that when the many were baptized in Corinth, including some that Paul baptized, that it was without water. The fact that Paul didn't baptize everybody that was baptized is evidence that it was water, because a baptism by the Holy Spirit would not be something that would be separated out, saying that some were baptized by one and some by another, since the Holy Spirit would be the one doing the baptizing.

And Danoh's comments notwithstanding, "it stands to reason" is the same way you and he are approaching this topic, making inferences from the text. How else does one read and understand the bible?

Derf

Derf already posted what that means to him - "So Paul baptized Crispus, and under Paul's teaching and authority, others in Paul's group baptized the many other Corinthians who believed."

In other words, the same old traditions of men - their explanations of what 1 Cor. 1:17 is referring to...

Their same old form of "it stands to reason then..."

Thank you for acknowledging that my reasoning is beyond rebuttal. I didn't expect you to give up so quickly. I'm not even sure what you were trying to get across to me here:

Spoiler
Enlighten me!

Which thing that has been pointed out to me am I failing to grasp? And how am I making myself the issue?
I get the feeling that you like to use "concluded all under sin" in a special way that I'm not understanding. Maybe you can explain what you mean by it.

is that pre Romans Epistle one that is extant? or one that is merely referred to?And it doesn't seem like it's the message that they don't need to follow the law, as they were apparently well aware of that aspect of grace.

So, what is it that Paul wanted to reveal to the Corinthians that they weren't ready to hear? Not just that was hidden from the princes of the world, but that would have been so earth-shattering that those princes would not have crucified Christ?

andyc

See below

Hi to all , and 1 Cor 2:14 reads like this , But the SOULISH man receives NOT the things of the Spirit of God , for it is FOOLISHNESS to him , and he CANNOT KNOW ( IT ) BEING SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED !!

#1 The first verb is RECEIVETH / DECHOMAI and is in thr Greek PRESENT TENSE , which put receiveth in the Dispensation of Grace !!

Like the woman woman caught in the act of adultery. She was forgiven because we're in the dispensation of grace.

#2 , They are FOOLISHNESS to all men !!

From a carnal mind perspective.

#3, And the verb DISCERNED / ANAKINO is also in the Greek PERSENT TENSE which also places 1 Cor 2:14 in the Revelation of the MYSTERY !!

The mystery of righteousness by faith, not law. The woman caught in the act of adultery had to accept that, although she had committed a sin worthy of death under the law, God saw her as righteous as long as she believed in Jesus.

On an other post one Low Informational student says I refuse to say what church I belong too , and how I was saved is his busness !!

I know that when I ask HOW WERE YOU SAVED they can not answer because of the following :

And to my knowledge , I have NEVER said they are not SAVED because they believe that if they sin , they can be LOST and have REPENT all over agan which Heb 6:6 !!

Heb 6:6 says it's impossible to bring those who apostatize to repentance.

#4 , I believe in Acts 2:38 !

So does most of christendom.

#5 , I was born into a Chriatin family !!

#6 I prayed thgrough and spoke in Tongues as the evidence and proof !!

I was born into a christian family, and believed in God. I wasn't saved though, cause I wasn't born again.

#7, They also claim that the Holy Spirit leads them to all truth and no need to study the bible !!

No christian believes this.

#8 , All Pentecostals that know have no assurance of Salvation , and I use to be ONE !!

Every pentecostal I know, knows they are saved, and can tell you when they were saved. You had no assurance because you probably weren't saved.

#9 Pentecostals will never believe what is written in Ron 8:16 , which reads , The SPIRIT Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are God's children , !!

Every Pente believes this. It is the witness of the Spirit within. Just before Jesus' ascension, he told his disciples that the Spirit would be in them (John 14:17). Anyone who's born again, like all true Pentecostals, will know the moment that the Spirit entered them. When the Spirit comes in, Christ comes in. Do you not know that Christ is in you, if not, you fail the test.

This is what I see in Acts 16:14 we have the story of Lydia , who worshipped God heard Paul us , AND God , WHOSE HEART God OPENED !!

So God opens the HEART !!

That person than believes by the FAITH that God give , Eph 2:8 !!

Man heart believes and Confesses by Rom 10:9 you will be SAVED !!

All Pentes believe this.

DAN P

See below

Like the woman woman caught in the act of adultery. She was forgiven because we're in the dispensation of grace.

From a carnal mind perspective.

The mystery of righteousness by faith, not law. The woman caught in the act of adultery had to accept that, although she had committed a sin worthy of death under the law, God saw her as righteous as long as she believed in Jesus.

Heb 6:6 says it's impossible to bring those who apostatize to repentance.

So does most of christendom.

I was born into a christian family, and believed in God. I wasn't saved though, cause I wasn't born again.

No christian believes this.

Every pentecostal I know, knows they are saved, and can tell you when they were saved. You had no assurance because you probably weren't saved.

Every Pente believes this. It is the witness of the Spirit within. Just before Jesus' ascension, he told his disciples that the Spirit would be in them (John 14:17). Anyone who's born again, like all true Pentecostals, will know the moment that the Spirit entered them. When the Spirit comes in, Christ comes in. Do you not know that Christ is in you, if not, you fail the test.

All Pentes believe this.
Hi and in #8 I said that PENTECOSTALS do not believe in OSAS !!

Yes I have heard JIMMY Sawggart say they do , BUT LOOK AT HOW many Pentecostals do not on this forum ??

Ask them to say how they were saved , they will not reply !!

So tell me how God saved you and if you had a part in how he saved you ?

dan p

andyc

Hi and in #8 I said that PENTECOSTALS do not believe in OSAS !!

OSAS is not a denominational subject.

Yes I have heard JIMMY Sawggart say they do , BUT LOOK AT HOW many Pentecostals do not on this forum ??

Ask them to say how they were saved , they will not reply !!

So tell me how God saved you and if you had a part in how he saved you ?

I've told you three times. Once in the last couple of weeks. I told you then that you were not actually interested in testimonies, you're only looking for theological holes in a person's testimony. Go back and read what I said to you about how I was saved. I'm not telling you three times.

All pentecostals have a testimony, and some embrace OSAS, and some don't. Your interest in OSAS is simply your weakness in having faith in yourself.
You focus on your own carnal weakness, and so trust in Christ to turn a blind eye to it for the rest of your life. That's not the power of the gospel.

DAN P

Are you saying one has to believe in OSAS to be saved? Isn't that adding to the gospel?

Hi and OSAS is just one of over 33 benifits when a person is saved !!

Here are a few ;

OASAS
Sealed by Holy Spirit

Justification

Seated in the HeVENLIES

Recomciled

Resurrection

New body

placed into the body of Christ

dan p

andyc

Here are a few ;

OASAS
Sealed by Holy Spirit

Justification

Seated in the HeVENLIES

Recomciled

Resurrection

New body

dan p

As I've said many times here, OSAS is pretty meaningless except for personal assurance.
Because MAD is a cult, the madsters reject anyone as being saved if they reject mad. And so if a madster came out and rejected mad, the rest would deny he was ever saved in the first place, regardless of whether they believed in OSAS or not.
So OSAS is only relevant from a personal perspective, because your buddies would right you off if you rejected them.

DAN P

As I've said many times here, OSAS is pretty meaningless except for personal assurance.
Because MAD is a cult, the madsters reject anyone as being saved if they reject mad. And so if a madster came out and rejected mad, the rest would deny he was ever saved in the first place, regardless of whether they believed in OSAS or not.
So OSAS is only relevant from a personal perspective, because your buddies would right you off if you rejected them.

Hi and than Gal 3:28 and Eph 2:8 do not mean any thing , does it ?

Can you find a verse where under Grace you can be LOST ?

dan p

Derf

Here are a few ;

OASAS
Sealed by Holy Spirit

Justification

Seated in the HeVENLIES

Recomciled

Resurrection

New body

dan p
That's nice, but you seemed to be using belief in OSAS as a test for salvation.

Danoh

Depends on the Mad...or rather; on the cult-like mentality of some within Mad (as is also the case within Pentecostalism and or within any other school of "thought").

I have plenty of saved "friends" who do not "hold to Mad."

DAN P

That's nice, but you seemed to be using belief in OSAS as a test for salvation.
Hi and I am NICE , don't you believe ??

And you Pentecostals say , rather you know it or NOT , , you are Baptized and have repent and GLOSSIA is your proof , BUT glossia is given by God ONLY and you have no PROOF NOW !!

Where is you assurance of Salvation , you have NONE nor can you prove you ARE SAVED nor prove when you become LOST , so read Heb 6:6!!

dan p

Derf

Hi and I am NICE , don't you believe ??

And you Pentecostals say , rather you know it or NOT , , you are Baptized and have repent and GLOSSIA is your proof , BUT glossia is given by God ONLY and you have no PROOF NOW !!

Where is you assurance of Salvation , you have NONE nor can you prove you ARE SAVED nor prove when you become LOST , so read Heb 6:6!!

dan p

Do I believe in OSAS? Depends on what you mean by "saved". I believe that Jesus' death on the cross has the power to save us from any sin except that of unbelief. So if a person (like Simon the sorcerer, for instance) believed at one time, then didn't continue to believe, he was not saved from sin and death. Was he then saved at one time (when he believed) and then lost his salvation? Or was he never saved? If the former, then OSAS is not a biblical doctrine, and Christ can't maintain those He has saved. If the latter, then "belief" is not the only requirement, and Jesus death has lost its purported power. Neither of these are very palatable.

I believe OSAS is a tautology, meaning that if you are saved, you are in a condition that you can't be not saved. Tautologies are a little difficult to pin down. Do you enter into that condition by believing in Christ, or do you enter into that condition by never disbelieving in Christ once you believe?

Is it enough to accept Christ and tell everyone you believe, but then turn your back on Christ? Seems not so to me.

Our assurance of salvation must always rest on the power of the blood of Christ and the hope of His resurrection. Anything else is a false hope. But if we are assured based on the power of the blood of Christ and His resurrection, then nothing can snatch us out of His hand.

But our assurance of salvation should never be "OSAS", as "OSAS" has no power to save anyone--it only deals with those that are already saved.

And I'm not Pentecostal. Is that the pejorative you throw at anyone who disagrees with you?

DAN P

Do I beli
Our assurance of salvation must always rest on the power of the blood of Christ and the hope of His resurrection. Anything else is a false hope. But if we are assured based on the power of the blood of Christ and His resurrection, then nothing can snatch us out of His hand.

But our assurance of salvation should never be "OSAS", as "OSAS" has no power to save anyone--it only deals with those that are already saved.

And I'm not Pentecostal. Is that the pejorative you throw at anyone who disagrees with you?

Hi and lets start again with Gal 3:28 !!

There are 4 Greek verb tenses in verse 38 !!

That verse ends like this " for we ARE / ESTYE , all ONE in Christ ."

The Greek word ARE / ESTE IS IN THE Greek PRESENT TENSE , so it means in the Dispensation of the Grace of God we ARE / ESTE in the Body of Christ , PERIOD , NO ACCEPTIONS !!

The present tense means we are always " in Christ " or OSAS !!

We are not like Israel held by His , Jesus hand , for we are Jesus's body !!

First the words " in Christ is a large study in it self and they explain all that we have " in Christ ."

This is JUST one verse that I can use , and Gal 3:28 is a powerful verse that ' NLO ONE CAN DENY , BUT Pentcostals do and YOU !!

The Doctrinal covers 62 points !!

The Practical application covers 49 points !!

dan p