We're not fighting a Holy War, but they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Frank Ernest

...I believe the replacement euphemisms are BCE (before the common era) and ACE (after the common era)...
Once again your belief system is based on faulty data, Frankie...

The two designations are BCE (before common era) and CE (common era). Current Julian calendar dates are designated as "CE", not ACE.

The terms are commonly used internationally since the majority of the world is not Christian and does not believe your Jesus of Nazareth is "lord" or ruler over anything but his own followers.

Granite

Hall of Fame

If "in the year of our Lord" was such an innocuous phrase, why have the apeolutionaries tried so hard to remove BC and AD from the literature? I believe the replacement euphemisms are BCE (before the common era) and ACE (after the common era).

OH! Almost forgot. Most of those "deists" involved with the founding documents were practicing Christians.

Such as Jefferson (no fan of organized religion), Madison (another deist), or Washington (who steadfastly refused to take communion his entire life). Get a clue or a history book, my man.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by granite1010
Such as Jefferson (no fan of organized religion), Madison (another deist), or Washington (who steadfastly refused to take communion his entire life).
Actually, those are all Liberal Lies™ spread by the Evil Atheist Conspiracy™.

Just ask David Barton, he'll tell you... :chuckle:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
granitehead1010:
"Such as Jefferson (no fan of organized religion), Madison (another deist), or Washington (who steadfastly refused to take communion his entire life). Get a clue or a history book, my man. "

FrankiE:
Jefferson, the man who proposed putting Bibles in all public schools.
Madison. Really? Got something other than a commie history book for that?
Washington. You lie. Read his journals.

I think you need the clue or a good nap.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Zak:
"The terms are commonly used internationally since the majority of the world is not Christian and does not believe your Jesus of Nazareth is "lord" or ruler over anything but his own followers. "

FrankiE:
:drawinsm: Thier bad.

Zak:
"All you need do is look up the definitions in dictionaries, Frankie... "

FrankiE:
:darwinsm: Thank you for some comic relief. I hope you do more for your student [sic] than indulge yourself with mindless superficialities.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame

granitehead1010:
"Such as Jefferson (no fan of organized religion), Madison (another deist), or Washington (who steadfastly refused to take communion his entire life). Get a clue or a history book, my man. "

FrankiE:
Jefferson, the man who proposed putting Bibles in all public schools.
Madison. Really? Got something other than a commie history book for that?
Washington. You lie. Read his journals.

I think you need the clue or a good nap.

Washington never took communion. This much is indisputable. Madison was a deist, as was Jefferson. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
granitehead1010:
"Washington never took communion. This much is indisputable. Madison was a deist, as was Jefferson. Sorry, but that's the way it is. "

FrankiE:
:darwinsm: Thank you for yet more comedy relief.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Frank-N-Furter
:darwinsm: Thank you for yet more comedy relief.
All right, Mister Know-It-All, how about posting some documentation, instead of cackling like a gibbon?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Thank you for some comic relief. I hope you do more for your student [sic] than indulge yourself with mindless superficialities.
It's not often I see someone using "sic" on their own writing... :doh:

I try to communicate with people on the level they appear to understand... that's why I target replies to your posts as I do. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath

It's not often I see someone using "sic" on their own writing... :doh:

I try to communicate with people on the level they appear to understand... that's why I target replies to your posts as I do. :thumb:

Gotta love a slow moving target...:D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by granite1010

Gotta love a slow moving target...:D
At least he's reliable... haven't seem him post a single well thought out reply yet. :think:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Zakath

At least he's reliable... haven't seem him post a single well thought out reply yet. :think:
If you replaced all of Frankie's posts with repeated strings of "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah", they'd make more sense... :bannana:

Aimiel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't The United States of America against any country or group that defies our laws, and the 'rule of law' in general? We are at war with criminals, drug-dealers, terrorists, thugs and reprobates, all night and day, all over the world. The problem is that too many people wish to place political agendas and idealism ahead of common-sense. We're being attacked by people who are criminals, who hide behind the skirts of religion and obscurity.

billwald

The Mosiac Covenant evolved from the Patriarch's religion. Rabbinical Judiasm and Christianity evolved from Moses. Islam has never evolved.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Aimiel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't The United States of America against any country or group that defies our laws, and the 'rule of law' in general? We are at war with criminals, drug-dealers, terrorists, thugs and reprobates, all night and day, all over the world. The problem is that too many people wish to place political agendas and idealism ahead of common-sense. We're being attacked by people who are criminals, who hide behind the skirts of religion and obscurity.

If the choice is idealism and liberty versus a "common sense" that abandons liberty temporarily, I'll keep my idealism.

Status
Not open for further replies.