Welcome to TheologyOnline

Faire

And this might well be my last post. I like to discuss topics in friendly atmosphere, while trying to understand what is the other side saying.

What I see here is just swing around with hammers - the bigger is the damage, the better. I tried to read three topics today, wasn't able to finish any - couldn't see anything worthy attention, just trolls doing their stuff all around. So good bye and thanks for resources mentioned above, I will definitly use those :)

:wave:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And this might well be my last post. I like to discuss topics in friendly atmosphere, while trying to understand what does the other side saying.
There's that to be had, but as with any setting you'll have people who like to stir the pot for stirring's sake. The trick is to ignore them, either internally or literally (there's a function for that) and enjoy the rest.

What I see here is just swing around with hammers
Though in fairness you haven't been here long enough to see much and haven't sat through a season. Like most places, there are times when things are more or less amiable, more or less substantive, etc. Dry seasons and seasons of plenty. If you think you'll find a different approach else I wish you luck, but it hasn't been my experience.

- the bigger is the damage, the better. I tried to read three topics today, wasn't able to finish any - couldn't see anything worthy attention,
That sounds a little high handed.

just trolls doing their stuff all around.
Well, if you stopped in on a Letsargue thread or the like that's what you get. Again, you don't walk a block and tell me about the town without coming off a bit...short.

So good bye and thanks for resources mentioned above, I will definitly use those :)
What? The trolls had resources? :chuckle: Who knew... :plain:

bybee

And this might well be my last post. I like to discuss topics in friendly atmosphere, while trying to understand what is the other side saying.

What I see here is just swing around with hammers - the bigger is the damage, the better. I tried to read three topics today, wasn't able to finish any - couldn't see anything worthy attention, just trolls doing their stuff all around. So good bye and thanks for resources mentioned above, I will definitly use those :)

:wave:

Well now, some of us are fairly nice. And some of our brightest young persons are very civil. The hateful, like the poor, we shall have, always with us.
I suggest you stick around and get to know us a little better before you walk away. peace, bybee

jncarlos007

Hi!

Hi!

Hello
My name is David though I go by the ID jncarlos007 (long boring story). I haven't looked around here too much but I am excited. I have been looking for a forum, group, or anything really to discuss Christian theology.
I live in the south where you can't spit and not hit a church but I have found very few willing to examine, discuss, and parse the topic in the manner I am after. Mostly it devolves into dealing with finances or feel good self help babble.
Which is fine, except that it gets repetitive and superficial after a while.
Well, I am off to peruse, or watch Book of Eli (again)...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hello
My name is David though I go by the ID jncarlos007 (long boring story). I haven't looked around here too much but I am excited. I have been looking for a forum, group, or anything really to discuss Christian theology.
I live in the south where you can't spit and not hit a church but I have found very few willing to examine, discuss, and parse the topic in the manner I am after. Mostly it devolves into dealing with finances or feel good self help babble.
Welcome! :e4e: There's everything from the profound to the sublimely goofy to be had around here. Enjoy!

gerwans

joining in

joining in

I would like to enter discussions about your faith journey and share my own with you. I am not out to "convert" anyone or even preach in any way. I do believe that, by sharing our faith stories, each can grow.
Gerwans

gerwans

Hello
Lok forward to discussing faith and religion with you.

gerwans

Hell

Hell

I began to question, specifically because I couldn't imagine any of my friends in Hell while I was in Heaven.

Could that possibly be because to imagine them in Hell opened up the possibility of you finding yourself in Hell, and that was too scary to contemplate?

God doesn't judge me.

Friend, you are in for a big surprise.

John 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

gerwans

Just as cold is only the absence of heat and darkness is only the absence of light, hell is the absence of God and all that God represents. I can find that hell right here. I don't have to wait to experience it around me. We chose our path. If there is no time, place or dimension with God then how could there be a literal hell?

Ps82

Just as cold is only the absence of heat and darkness is only the absence of light, hell is the absence of God and all that God represents. I can find that hell right here. I don't have to wait to experience it around me. We chose our path. If there is no time, place or dimension with God then how could there be a literal hell?

If people are correct that God is omni-present ... then how can hell be devoid of God? If omni-presence is within God's ability, then God might choose something like this:

Prepare a place IN HIM called hell where beings, who had died the first death known as physical death, could be separated from our LORD's kingdom until the time for the second death, which is the Lake of Fire and outer darkness.

At the time of the Lake of fire and outer darkness ... then lost angels and lost human's may both finally be eternally obliterated OR - may be eternally existing in dark torment.

At this time in my personal study I believe that hell is a place of torment as describe by Jesus in the story of the poor man Lazarus and the rich man who died.

But I also think that the second death that brings outer-darkness ultimately means that things will be as described in Gen.1:1,2 KJV. A deep darkness where God's omni-present spirit moves and exists without created beings being there.

Last edited:

Ps82

Wait ... this is a welcome to TOL thread ... why are you, Gerwans and jncarlos, talking about hell?

Demon Buster

Question

Question

Question: how to start a topic..

like, clean and unclean food.Leviticus 11:1-47 ESV / 30 helpful votes
And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. ...

Demon Buster

Hello all I joined a while back so I am not really new, but I just started posting again just the other day.
I hope to make friends and enjoy the my tome here.
I am currently a expat in china have been here some time so I will look forward to hearing from the new friends I meet here.
I was born into a catholic family later was introduced to the Lord through a Pentecostal church , but I now and a bible believing christen not fallowing the world thought, in my case I don't fallow Xmas I don't fallow Easter, I don't fallow any man made holidays.
I still have questions and am looking for the right people I read the Bible as much as I can most everyday I believe in dreams and I pray in the spirit.
and one more thing.

Thanks TOL for that last email on my BD, blessing to everyone

LimeInfinity

I'm the newest member. I stumbled upon the forums while googling topics of morality and absolute truth. I'm excited to participate!

Original Hebrew

Hello All,

I found this forum online and thought I would give it a shot. I'm looking forward to nice spirited debates and I'm also looking forward to learning and hearing other's point of views.