We do believe by Him !

beloved57

1 Pet 1:20-21

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

The word believe here is πιστεύω:

o think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

1. of the thing believed
    1. to credit, have confidence
  2. rom G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication, to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ):—believe(-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

This proves that all of Salvation is by Christs work. Salvation is 100 % by the Grace of God, and since Faith in Christ is part of Salvation, Faith in Christ is given by Grace ! We believe because of Christ !

Todays religions wants to take credit for Faith in Christ reducing it to a work of man in the flesh !

beloved57

Since Salvation, being Saved is 100% a Gift of Gods Grace, and Faith/Believing is required to be saved, not to get saved, then believing /Faith is 100% from God. Jn 6:29 shows that believing is part of Gods Saving Work

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. Phil 2:1-13

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Phil 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

beloved57

We come to God by Him Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

The word come denotes Faith, for its the same word used in Heb 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Bradley D

But we have to "believe."

James 2:23
"And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called a friend of God."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
. . .
To think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

1. of the thing believed
    1. to credit, have confidence
  2. rom G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication, to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ):—believe(-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

Oh, so they're being persuaded?

You realize that that doesn't make any sense at all from a Calvinist standpoint, right?

Why does someone need to be persuaded of anything as if he has a will of his own to resist against God, when in fact he does not?

Seems awfully like Calvinism is inconsistent with itself...

This proves that all of Salvation is by Christs work. Salvation is 100 % by the Grace of God,

Amen!

and since Faith in Christ is part of Salvation, Faith in Christ is given by Grace!

Chapter verse.

We believe because of Christ!

Indeed.

Todays religions

By which you mean, "any other belief system than the one I, beloved57, hold to, which is Calvinism."

beloved57

Oh, so they're being persuaded?

You realize that that doesn't make any sense at all from a Calvinist standpoint, right?

Why does someone need to be persuaded of anything as if he has a will of his own to resist against God, when in fact he does not?

Seems awfully like Calvinism is inconsistent with itself...

Amen!

Chapter verse.

Indeed.

By which you mean, "any other belief system than the one I, beloved57, hold to, which is Calvinism."
Believing is by Jesus Christ, I just showed you the scripture 1 Pet 1:21

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Otherwise men cant believe in God, not the True God !