We are no better than Mary Magdalena or any whore.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
One of my spiritual daughter converted to Christ through me, works among prostitutes. I was aghast at first fearing that she might be degraded by them. As a lone convert in her antiChristian family she is support less. But I respected her freedom. May be Christ is guiding her.

But soon I realized that heaven-fallen we all are whores. Being infected children of a pride infected old paradise, bigger than earth as sun is, we could have repented to be cured. Though a few repented to be united with eternal Christ for making a new heaven, we clung to pride-devil. We rejected God, the humble spiritual self-sacrificing love to have spiritual intercourse with pride-devil. So we fell here. He is the ruler of states and societies here. He gives false social-respectability to us, but doesn’t grant that to prostitutes as they flout his system of sex based relations. In heaven there is no world-like sex-based marriage. Here every marriage bed is more or less defiled even according to animal standard.

Actually we are worse than prostitutes as they know their wretchedness, while being deluded by suicidal devil given social-acceptance, we don’t. So they can repent better than us.

Rather the actor and actresses of worse media prostitution is glorified by devil as they enhance his soul-destroying activities. Our acceptance of animal body is itself prostitution. When we fell from heaven due to sin (anti-love pride-actions weakening internal love-bonded integrity) we became shelter less. Frantic for a shelter we become enamored in animal Homo sapiens body and their sex. So we entered into a zygote through their intercourse. So sex is so indelibly and compulsively embedded in our mind.

In this body we are always prostituting by wrong futile actions of sex which an animal seldom does. Self-abuse, sodomy, birth control in sex-acts all are prostitution. So we hide sex organs and its acts in shame as unbecoming of our heavenly origin.

The danger of infatuation in devil or any material thing is that they are fickle, never abiding. Suicidal devils becoming frustrated by their innate falsehood kill themselves directly or indirectly. New fallen angels take their ruling position by killing them as rulers become often by killing previous rulers. This continuous succession gives a sense of false continuity. So bound with them we also commit self-destruction of personality (soul) in suicidal-blues.

But Christ has come to promote repentance in us by submitting to our cross. Those who repent turn to Christ and heaven. Only love-repentance saves no deluding faith. Only Christ’s message on the cross and living him guides us to that, no catholic made self-contradictory book.

But as prostitute owners cruelly kill those who want to escape, the world-lord also does to Christ-followers. He is not concerned of superficial Christian us but the few real ones.

So the martyrs are killed cruelly as a warning to the rest of his prisoners us. Hitler’s and communists’ concentration camps are the best illustrative simile of that. But that didn’t deter millions of Christ-followers who want to rise over this prostitute world to return to heaven.

Paulos

QUESTION: Where does the New Testament anywhere state that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute?​

The Western church usually regarded Mary Magdalene as also being the person mentioned in the Gospels as both Mary of Bethany and the "sinful woman" who annoints Jesus in Luke 7:36–50, though not consistently. So the repentent prostitute became the dominant element in her depiction in Western religious literature and art. The tradition goes back to Pope Gregory the Great.

Pope Gregory the Great's homily on Luke's gospel (dated 14 September 591) first suggested that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute: "She whom Luke calls the sinful woman, whom John calls Mary, we believe to be the Mary from whom seven devils were ejected according to Mark. And what did these seven devils signify, if not all the vices? ... It is clear, brothers, that the woman previously used the unguent to perfume her flesh in forbidden acts." (Homily 33)

In 1969 the Vatican, during the papacy of Paul VI, without commenting on Pope Gregory's reasoning, implicitly rejected it by separating Luke's sinful woman, Mary of Bethany, and Mary Magdala via the Roman Missal.​

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene

jeremysdemo

We are no better than Mary Magdalena or any whore

I know, thanxs for the reminder. 1 Peter 5:5 James 4:6 :)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Cruciform

The Western church usually regarded Mary Magdalene as also being the person mentioned in the Gospels as both Mary of Bethany and the "sinful woman" who annoints Jesus in Luke 7:36–50, though not consistently. So the repentent prostitute became the dominant element in her depiction in Western religious literature and art. The tradition goes back to Pope Gregory the Great.

Pope Gregory the Great's homily on Luke's gospel (dated 14 September 591) first suggested that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute: "She whom Luke calls the sinful woman, whom John calls Mary, we believe to be the Mary from whom seven devils were ejected according to Mark. And what did these seven devils signify, if not all the vices? ... It is clear, brothers, that the woman previously used the unguent to perfume her flesh in forbidden acts." (Homily 33)

In 1969 the Vatican, during the papacy of Paul VI, without commenting on Pope Gregory's reasoning, implicitly rejected it by separating Luke's sinful woman, Mary of Bethany, and Mary Magdala via the Roman Missal.​

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene
Yes, I'm familiar with the historical background regarding this issue (that makes two of us, right? :)). My question was specifically where in the New Testament anything is said about Mary M. being a prostitute.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Sealeaf

I know I am certainly not better than Saint Mary Magdalin. I have enough humility to be clear about that. I am not better than any saint!
Further I hope I will not fall into the error of judging others. We are not supposed to do that. We can however judge particular acts as they would be if we did them. This runs in a format something like this; "If I were to do that thing, being who and what I am, I would be sinning." Thus you an make moral judgements without presuming to judge anyone else.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
I know I am certainly not better than Saint Mary Magdalin. I have enough humility to be clear about that. I am not better than any saint!
Further I hope I will not fall into the error of judging others. We are not supposed to do that. We can however judge particular acts as they would be if we did them. This runs in a format something like this; "If I were to do that thing, being who and what I am, I would be sinning." Thus you an make moral judgements without presuming to judge anyone else.

it is better to say that I am no better than a sinner. The statement "I have enough humility" smacks of pride.
It is grievously wrong to say that we mustn't judge.Without judging things of the world in discerning sense we cant live a day. We must judge a food poisonous or wholesome.
But we mustn't judge in condemning sense. Jesus always judged in the first sense but never judged in condemning sense. In translation the meaning of the Hebrew word has changed in the wrong way.
Though we all are prostitutes of wrong relation those who are in sexual business must be called prostitutes.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I'm familiar with the historical background regarding this issue (that makes two of us, right? :)). My question was specifically where in the New Testament anything is said about Mary M. being a prostitute.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The very brief narrations of catholic made NT is not adequate. We must have insight which Jesus always exhorted. For that she was going to be stoned, which was the punishment for adultery. .

oatmeal

QUESTION: Where does the New Testament anywhere state that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute?​

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

For once, I can support your position.

In my "preferred interpretation"of scripture, there is no evidence to support that supposition.

Having seven devil spirits does not, in anyway, give any reason to conclude that she was a prostitute.

She could have been a liberal!!!

oatmeal

Cruciform

For once, I can support your position. In my "preferred interpretation"of scripture, there is no evidence to support that supposition.
And given that your preferred interpretation happens to comport with the authoritative teachings of Christ's historic Church on this point, we can conclude that you are correct.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

oatmeal

And given that your preferred interpretation happens to comport with the authoritative teachings of Christ's historic Church on this point, we can conclude that you are correct.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform!

Grace and peace!

or the reverse!

oatmeal

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned

No! It doesn't conform.

Even if she was not a whore in ordinary sense, that doesn't mean that Christ didn't care for them. Christ's forgiveness for her is used in illustrating his inclusive love for a big hated and hopeless section of humanity.
Do u want to smash that image?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

No! It doesn't conform.

Even if she was not a whore in ordinary sense, that doesn't mean that Christ didn't care for them. Christ's forgiveness for her is used in illustrating his inclusive love for a big hated and hopeless section of humanity.

Cruciform

No! It doesn't conform. Even if she was not a whore in ordinary sense, that doesn't mean that Christ didn't care for them. Christ's forgiveness for her is used in illustrating his inclusive love for a big hated and hopeless section of humanity. Do u want to smash that image?
:plain:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

TruthSetsFree

No! It doesn't conform.

we can't be saying we agree w/ the Catholic Church!!!!!!!!

heavens no.....

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Even the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself (Mt. 16:18-19; 1 Tim. 3:15)?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Christ didn’t establish any worldly church but a heavenly church, the communion of saints. But humanity including his fallible disciples planted churches in many places. Those broke up in infight and subverted his message of absolute love-God heavenly Father. They became stooges of bloody kings, the protégées of devil, the pride