ECT Water or No Water?

DAN P

Would you first like to tell me how you were saved?

Hi and does going first SCARED you ?

You all will say I have the Holy Spirit and He reveals all to through Tongues , Vision , and calls me by name at night !!

You do not know , OR you would have told me , right !!:bang::bang

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and does going first SCARED you ?
No.

I just thought you might want to tell me whether or not you have the Holy Spirit and when you received the Holy Spirit.

You all will say I have the Holy Spirit and He reveals all to through Tongues , Vision , and calls me by name at night !!
I was not going to say that.

You do not know , OR you would have told me , right !!:bang::bang

dan p

I have a powerful testimony.

I thought you might have something you wanted to tell me about when you received the Holy Spirit?

DAN P

No.

I just thought you might want to tell me whether or not you have the Holy Spirit and when you received the Holy Spirit.

I was not going to say that.

I have a powerful testimony.

I thought you might have something you wanted to tell me about when you received the Holy Spirit?

Hi , and IF it is that powerful ,so explain it and maybe god will saved some !!

One PLANTS and one Waters and Go dgives the increase !!

dan p

God's Truth

Hi , and IF it is that powerful ,so explain it and maybe god will saved some !!

One PLANTS and one Waters and Go dgives the increase !!

dan p

Are you personally interested in my testimony?
You hardly ever discuss with me on this site, but you are interested in my testimony?

turbosixx

Hi and what do you say 1 Cor 10:2 IS , Holy Spirit or Water ?

dan p

Paul says twice, cloud and sea both of which are made of water.

1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

I understand he is using those who left Egypt as a warning and showing they were baptized into Moses as they were baptized into Christ.

6Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved.

turbosixx

Hi , then what is 1 Cor 12:13 , IS BAPTIZO , mean Sprirt or WATER ??

Remember that BAPTIZO is a Transliterated word !!:bang::bang:

DAN P

Good question. I think if I ask you a question it might help you to understand how I see it.

2 Kings 5:14 So he went down and dipped himself seven times in the Jordan, according to the word of the man of God; and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child and he was clean.

Namaan dipped in water, what cleansed his leprosy?

turbosixx

I do not agree to disagree.

Tell me, do you have the Holy Spirit?

When did you receive the Holy Spirit?

I only know what I read.
Jesus tells apostles they will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Acts 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

This is what it looked like:
Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
What do we see, clear evidence of the Holly Spirit directly from God.

Next time bible mentions baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

What did it look like.
Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God.
Again, clear evidence directly from God.

Without question, these two events are baptism of the Holy Spirit because the bible tells us they are.

I would suggest to you that Holy Spirit baptism was God pouring out his Spirit for a special "pay attention" purpose. When we receive the Holy Spirit the purpose is to place God's seal on us and not to receive spiritual gifts. That's why the apostles had to lay hands to give spiritual gifts. Rom. 1:11 For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you,

When we receive the Holy Spirit, are we immersed in the Spirit or is the Spirit immersed in us?

1 Cor. 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

God's Truth

Yes, I received the Holy Spirit when I obeyed the gospel.

Are you avoiding saying you received the Holy Spirit when you were water baptized?

Jesus gives the Holy Spirit. You cannot give yourself the Holy Spirit, or your pastor, or anyone else.

turbosixx

Are you avoiding saying you received the Holy Spirit when you were water baptized?

Jesus gives the Holy Spirit. You cannot give yourself the Holy Spirit, or your pastor, or anyone else.

Sorry, I was not trying to avoid it. Yes, when I was baptized in water I received the Holy Spirit.

Just like those in Acts 2.

God's Truth

I only know what I read.
Jesus tells apostles they will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Acts 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

This is what it looked like:
Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
What do we see, clear evidence of the Holly Spirit directly from God.
There are other scriptures that tell us that people were baptized with the Holy Spirit and what happened in Acts 2:2 did not happen!

Being baptized with the Holy Spirit happens to all, even now, and does not require evidence by speaking in tongues, or other signs.

Being baptized with the Holy Spirit happens to all that Jesus accepts.

Next time bible mentions baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

What did it look like.
Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God.
Again, clear evidence directly from God.

God does not testify to His gospel anymore as He did during the laying of the foundation, the testimony has already been given and the foundation has already been laid; not only that, not everyone who was baptized with the Holy Spirit SPOKE IN TONGUES.

1 Corinthians 14:51 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

That scripture right there should stop you from your error.

Without question, these two events are baptism of the Holy Spirit because the bible tells us they are.

I would suggest to you that Holy Spirit baptism was God pouring out his Spirit for a special "pay attention" purpose. When we receive the Holy Spirit the purpose is to place God's seal on us and not to receive spiritual gifts.

It is still called baptism of the Holy Spirit.

When we are baptized with the Holy Spirit we receive the Holy Spirit; however, we do not receive the Holy Spirit with power such as the kind Jesus and the Apostles experienced when they started their ministry.

That's why the apostles had to lay hands to give spiritual gifts. Rom. 1:11 For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you,

When we receive the Holy Spirit, are we immersed in the Spirit or is the Spirit immersed in us?

When the Holy Spirit is immersed in us, we are immersed in the Spirit.

God's Truth

Sorry, I was not trying to avoid it. Yes, when I was baptized in water I received the Holy Spirit.

Just like those in Acts 2.

Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit those he chooses to give the Holy Spirit, and just because you were water baptized does not mean you at that time received the Holy Spirit.

I was water baptized three times in my life and none of the times is when I was baptized with the Holy Spirit and received the Spirit.

What makes you think at that time you received the Holy Spirit?

turbosixx

Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit those he chooses to give the Holy Spirit, and just because you were water baptized does not mean you at that time received the Holy Spirit.

I was water baptized three times in my life and none of the times is when I was baptized with the Holy Spirit and received the Spirit.

What makes you think at that time you received the Holy Spirit?

Why would I have not?

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

God's Truth

Baptism of the Holy Spirit happens at the time Jesus saves a person and gives them the Holy Spirit.

We can see this in the scriptures about Cornelius and his household. Jesus saved them when they heard the message that saves, see Acts 11:14. That is when the Holy Spirit “came on them”, see Acts 10:44. This is when they “received” the Holy Spirit, see Acts 10:47. This is “baptism of the Holy Spirit” see Acts 11:16.

Acts 11:16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

They received the Holy Spirit at that time, for Jesus told them to receive the Holy Spirit.

At Pentecost, they were baptized with the Holy Spirit with power, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they received the Holy Spirit again, this time permanently, for they were now sealed.

John 7:39
By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.

God's Truth

Why would I have not?

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

...because Jesus is the one who gives the Holy Spirit when he chooses us.

You also do not seem to want to accept the scriptures that say baptism of the Holy Spirit is at that same time when we receive the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Being baptized with 'power' is when it can be different.

Jesus was baptized with power before he started his earthly ministry, and that is what happened to the Apostles.

We are not baptized with power to start a ministry, for the foundation has been laid and so testified to by God.

God's Truth

Turbosixx,

I am going to post again what I already told you, because it is worth repeating, for you are teaching that baptism of the Holy Spirit is not the same thing as receiving the Holy Spirit.

Please study these scriptures harder.

Baptism of the Holy Spirit happens at the time Jesus saves a person and gives them the Holy Spirit that is when they receive the Holy Spirit.

We can see this in the scriptures about Cornelius and his household. Jesus saved them when they heard the message that saves, see Acts 11:14. That is when the Holy Spirit “came on them”, see Acts 10:44. This is when they “received” the Holy Spirit, see Acts 10:47. This is “baptism of the Holy Spirit” see Acts 11:16.

Acts 11:16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'