ECT Was there "reconciliation" with God before Jesus shed His Blood?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Stick to the OP.

I am!

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am!

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Yes, you are!

amen.png

Lazarus the beggar went to be in the bosom of Abraham, in paradise. Those who allegorize that the Bible doesn't mean what it says of this account of the Lord in Luke 16 (which some cults always do), there is no mistaking Moses and Elijah were quite alive and seen in glory, actually speaking with Christ, on the Mount of Transfiguration. David repented and was explicitly forgiven by the Lord (2 Samuel 12:13). David had the Holy Spirit (Psalms 51:11), as well as all the holy prophets of the Old Testament, only the Lord knows how many other faithful children of Israel. Just read the long list of those considered righteous by faith in the Lord of Hebrews 11. The Lord said this to pre-Christian children of Israel,

Isaiah 1

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

This speaks to reconciliation, prior to Christ's human birth, death and resurrection. There was always the outstretched hand of God, the admonition to repent, the chance at reconciliation and to turn to the Lord in faith, throughout history. Of course, it would be plain injust, the idea God would hold accountable, explicitly, to the blood of Jesus Christ those born before His work and the New Covenant. I believe it's self-evident the Lord knows more about mercy and justice, reason and love, than man, that He is not a capricious monster,

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

It has always been my conviction God will deal justly and mercifully with all those who've ever lived, and it would not surprise me there will be those in paradise, in the end, that may surprise those who'd limit the love and mercy of God for those not availed a chance to learn doctrine, but that is just my opinion, based on the loving God I see in scripture and know.

Romans 2

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Last edited:

beloved57

I am!

You know how to quote verses, but you dont believe a word of them !

DAN P

I am!

Hi , heir , and the message of Grace is found in 2 Cor 5:18 and is part of the MYSTERY , RECONCILIATION !!

This is our Great Commission for today !!

Israel was not ALIENATED so did not need Reconciliation as Israel was under a Condirional Covenant with God !!

It that simple !!

dan p

beloved57

Hi , heir , and the message of Grace is found in 2 Cor 5:18 and is part of the MYSTERY , RECONCILIATION !!

This is our Great Commission for today !!

Israel was not ALIENATED so did not need Reconciliation as Israel was under a Condirional Covenant with God !!

It that simple !!

dan p

The natural physical descendants of Abraham Israel, they are not the children of God Rom 9:8 !