Want a quicker TOL????

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
If you are using the dial up skin your right.... its sorta plain (thats kinda the point).

If you are using our aqua skin then its tough to say we look like all the other forums because it surely doesn't.

I don't see a 'skin' feature but I'll look around.

But all this is besides the point. We have ONLY begun to explore the new possibilities with our new script. It wll be changing fast.

Yes, I know Knight. You seemed interested in our opinions and I was merely sharing my observations. I know this is a work in progress.

Did you see my other comments on page 1 of this thread?

SOTK

Hey, BB, you hit "Quick Links" and then hit "Edit Options". At the bottom of the options page, you'll see "Forum Skin". You can choose the default, Auqua, or Dial-Up skins there. :)

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Nope, it looks the same, I must have already been on 'aqua'.

I noticed a bunch of old deleted PM's in my box.....

Sozo

BillyBob said:
I definitely miss the Shout Box. It feels like we are cut off from each other without it.

I'm sure Knight will come up with something, but the worst thing is not knowing who is responding to posts. I would hate to waste my time clicking on a thread only to find out that another brainless post from Gerald was sitting there... (especially since he is on ignore).

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
I'm sure Knight will come up with something, but the worst thing is not knowing who is responding to posts. I would hate to waste my time clicking on a thread only to find out that another brainless post from Gerald was sitting there... (especially since he is on ignore).
Use the dialup skin. :)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Sozo said:

That seems to be the most common complaint, I bet Knight fixes it first.

We definitely need a Shout Box!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you don't like all the snazzy graphics or maybe you are still on dial-up and TOL runs slow for you.... Try out our new low-bandwidth version of TOL.

Go to your User CP and select "edit options"

Towards the bottom of the screen you will see... "forum skin"

Select "ASDial-up" And then click "save changes"

That "skin" is for faster loading.

We will have both themes available so folks can pick and choose their look.

fool

Hall of Fame
In the dial up skin I notice that you get to see the users location. So in that regaurd there is actually more info to be had in the simpler skin. Also, is this a different font in dial up?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
In the dial up skin I notice that you get to see the users location. So in that regaurd there is actually more info to be had in the simpler skin. Also, is this a different font in dial up?
Yes, its Verdana which is a system standard.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
If you don't like all the snazzy graphics or maybe you are still on dial-up and TOL runs slow for you.... Try out our new low-bandwidth version of TOL.

Go to your User CP and select "edit options"

Towards the bottom of the screen you will see... "forum skin"

Select "ASDial-up" And then click "save changes"

That "skin" is for faster loading.

We will have both themes available so folks can pick and choose their look.
You don't have to go to your User CP to switch skins. There is a Quick Style Chooser pulldown menu at the very bottom of every page at TOL. :up: