Victory Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
truthman said:
It's really sad that Pentatonic came in here, dropped a bomb and disappeared. Even though his username was shown in and out of this thread multiple times yesterday afternoon we've seen no activity.

Really!
I didn't know that!

I would like some answers. I hope Bobby is man enough to come back here and either continue to defend Buddy or repent and encourage his pastors to do the same.

I feel like I am living in a parallel universe to the German culture - pre-holocaust - where they just killed hundreds?, NO, THOUSANDS of Germans before the first Jew was ever gassed, and all because they were sick.

Ezekiel 13:19
And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies?”

Last edited:

Adam

Hall of Fame
yeah, his username was actually in and out of this thread all afternoon.

You know, Steve Taylor, a former Colorado youth pastor brought this very subject to the Christian community's doorstep in 1982 with his Baby Doe song, written right here in Colorado.

23 years later we don't have a clue.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
truthman said:
yeah, his username was actually in and out of this thread all afternoon.

You know, Steve Taylor, a former Colorado youth pastor brought this very subject to the Christian community's doorstep in 1982 with his Baby Doe song, written right here in Colorado.

23 years later we don't have a clue.

Who is Steve Taylor? Where is the song?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
pentatonic145 said:
Hi - My name is Bobby Harness. I'm the praise and worship leader for Victory Church in Westminster. I've been saved for about 5 years - I was a heroin addict in a rock band before I got saved at Victory. My website is http://www.bobbyharness.com

I'd just like to say that Victory Church is a bible-centered, life-giving Church. We are pro-life and mostly we are pro-Bible and pro-Jesus.

If you knew Pastor Buddy, you'd know he is a friendly, kind man and a strong believer in Christ. And no one loves children more than Pastor Buddy does! He's my good friend. If you read the Denver Post article, you'll find he just prayed for that struggling family, that God's will would be done. He didn't advise them one way or another but prayed for them to be sensitive to God's leading. He was not in the postition to decide that boy's fate, or to advise on it, so he didn't - but he did pray for the family and offer them comfort.

I think it's kind of insensitive and cavalier to wag our fingers at these people and suppose what we would've done if we were in their shoes. Without having endured it personally, we can't pretend to understand what they're going through. But we can do what Jesus is doing - love them no matter what. They, too, are valuable to Jesus.

As for what "H20pls" posted all over the Victory Church website, well, that was kind of immature, don't you think? One post stating your opinion would have been welcome, but flooding the forum with slanderous and unfounded comments was pretty rude.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a sinner. I make mistakes, I make bad decisions sometimes - that's why I need Jesus. At Victory Church, we just want to help each other grow closer to God. If one of my brothers or sisters falls, well, I'm there to help them up. And when I stumble, they help me up too. I need them to do that. We also want to see God's will done in the lives of other people - to see the lost saved, the saved matured and the mature serving.

Come meet us in person then judge for yourself! I love my pastors - they are my friends and mentors, and co-laboroers in Christ.

If you look over my life with a fine-toothed comb, the way you looked over that article in the Denver Post, you'd probably find lots of reasons to point fingers at me. I reckon you'd find some splinters in my eye, too. That's why I'm grateful to have Christ as my Advocate and Intercessor.

I think too little is known about the people who are being judged by Pastor Enyart. Their own lives speak a better word about what kind of people they are - those lives that are lived in front of us at Victory Church every day. Come see for yourself - if you're going to talk about someone, it makes sense to at least know the people you're talking about : )

You came here, made a statement and left.

Your church is guilty of promoting murder.

Feel better?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
pentatonic145 said:
I think too little is known about the people who are being judged by Pastor Enyart.
Actually, you told us all we needed to know when you said....
...he just prayed for that struggling family, that God's will would be done. He didn't advise them one way or another but prayed for them to be sensitive to God's leading
God's will clearly didn't include starving a 4 year old boy to death.

And then you stated...
He was not in the postition to decide that boy's fate, or to advise on it, so he didn't
You claim "no one loves children more than Pastor Buddy" yet Buddy refused to advise them not to starve Dylan??? This from a man who "loves children"? What would Buddy advise if he didn't "love children"? :shocked:

Bobby, I realize you are a new Christian and it's very possible you are not aware what God would say on this issue so let me help you.

God states...

Ezekiel 13:19 “And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live

Exodus 23:7 “Keep yourself far from a false matter; do not kill the innocent and righteous. For I will not justify the wicked.

Bobby, life is precious... it's a gift. Protecting innocent life is your Pastor's responsibility and YOUR responsibility. Please reconsider your advocation of your churches failure to protect Dylan's God given right to life.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Vaquero45 said:
I took that to mean, "most of all"

Ok that works better, although I would put the "pro-life" right up with the other two after mostly since God and His word are pro-life!

Sozo

pentatonic145 said:
Hi - My name is Bobby Harness. I'm the praise and worship leader for Victory Church in Westminster. I've been saved for about 5 years - I was a heroin addict in a rock band before I got saved at Victory. My website is http://www.bobbyharness.com

I'd just like to say that Victory Church is a bible-centered, life-giving Church. We are pro-life and mostly we are pro-Bible and pro-Jesus.

If you knew Pastor Buddy, you'd know he is a friendly, kind man and a strong believer in Christ. And no one loves children more than Pastor Buddy does! He's my good friend. If you read the Denver Post article, you'll find he just prayed for that struggling family, that God's will would be done. He didn't advise them one way or another but prayed for them to be sensitive to God's leading. He was not in the postition to decide that boy's fate, or to advise on it, so he didn't - but he did pray for the family and offer them comfort.

I think it's kind of insensitive and cavalier to wag our fingers at these people and suppose what we would've done if we were in their shoes. Without having endured it personally, we can't pretend to understand what they're going through. But we can do what Jesus is doing - love them no matter what. They, too, are valuable to Jesus.

As for what "H20pls" posted all over the Victory Church website, well, that was kind of immature, don't you think? One post stating your opinion would have been welcome, but flooding the forum with slanderous and unfounded comments was pretty rude.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a sinner. I make mistakes, I make bad decisions sometimes - that's why I need Jesus. At Victory Church, we just want to help each other grow closer to God. If one of my brothers or sisters falls, well, I'm there to help them up. And when I stumble, they help me up too. I need them to do that. We also want to see God's will done in the lives of other people - to see the lost saved, the saved matured and the mature serving.

Come meet us in person then judge for yourself! I love my pastors - they are my friends and mentors, and co-laboroers in Christ.

If you look over my life with a fine-toothed comb, the way you looked over that article in the Denver Post, you'd probably find lots of reasons to point fingers at me. I reckon you'd find some splinters in my eye, too. That's why I'm grateful to have Christ as my Advocate and Intercessor.

I think too little is known about the people who are being judged by Pastor Enyart. Their own lives speak a better word about what kind of people they are - those lives that are lived in front of us at Victory Church every day. Come see for yourself - if you're going to talk about someone, it makes sense to at least know the people you're talking about : )

This is just BULLCRAP! The next time someone comes to your church asking for advice from your godless pastor about their child (whatever their condition), have him call me, and I will take the child home to my house to feed, clothe, love, and care for completely.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
Ok that works better, although I would put the "pro-life" right up with the other two after mostly since God and His word are pro-life!

I agree completely. :up: I didnt like the way he seperated the ideas either.

Aimiel

pentatonic145 said:
If you were 'pro-life' you wouldn't be 'pro-death' in any case, ever. Starving someone to death isn't pro-life. And what does 'mostly' pro-Bible and pro-Jesus mean? What parts of The Bible do you reject? Are there passages, pages, chapters or books missing from your Bible, or do you think that parts of The Word of God are un-inspired?

h20pls

Hey there Sparkie!

Hey there Sparkie!

Pity we can't continue the discourse at the victory website :wave2:

I was just gettin' excited about things...thought I'd drop by for a latte

maybe enroll in the yoga class. :banana:

Adam

Hall of Fame
I don't think attacking them for a coffee shop and exercise classes really addresses the issue h20

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
This is just BULLCRAP! The next time someone comes to your church asking for advice from your godless pastor about their child (whatever their condition), have him call me, and I will take the child home to my house to feed, clothe, love, and care for completely.
I just like this quote!

Adam

Hall of Fame
truthman said:
Pastor Mike stated here that "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contained in the Bible are the thoughts and promises of God just for you."

If that's the case, then why did they need to 'seek the Lord's will' on the matter?
[/font]
Pastor Mike also said (at that same page) "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unfortunately, many Christians are Bible illiterate. They just don't know what God has promised or what He forbids and allows.[/font]"

It appears that others at the church don't know what God forbids either.

Status
Not open for further replies.