ECT Unity is God's desire for us all.

Jamie Gigliotti

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy of being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind." Phiilipians 2:1-2

One Spirit, One love, One God, One Christ for us all to share in.

Truster

''Unity is God's desire for us all''.

When Peter and indeed Paul used the term ''us'', in their epistles, they had in mind a specific people.

Who do you mean by ''us''

bybee

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy of being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind." Phiilipians 2:1-2

Yes, but, one must choose to share and one also chooses the way of sharing. I am not ecumenical! Differences are, sometimes, so blatantly far from my comfort zone that I flat out cannot share in those instances.
I respect our right to differ and expect to be respected in return.

Cross Reference

Unity?? Only in Jesus Christ, not in doctrine about Him, is unity purposed of God. Doctrine, without Him is hindered by God.

Many are called but few chosen, for that reason.

musterion

At the expense of contradictory gospels, and even contradictory Christs, which is how unity is usually forged today? No. God hates that.

Jamie Gigliotti

Yes, but, one must choose to share and one also chooses the way of sharing. I am not ecumenical! Differences are, sometimes, so blatantly far from my comfort zone that I flat out cannot share in those instances.
I respect our right to differ and expect to be respected in return.
Unity can not be forced or faked, it can only be spiritual through His Spirit. God's desire in this regard doesn't always get actualized as we see just about every moment on TOL. This reality doesn't change the fact that Unity is God's desire.
The point being that theologies that don't align with God's desire for His One body, One Spiritual body are false.

Who is then members of His Spiritual body? We could attempt to judge this, and we should seek His discerment so that we can to help build up those in Christ who seem to far from Him. But ultimately, He is the only one who truly knows this.

What is the best evidence of Christ in someone? His love exuding from them, like Paul whose letters are filled with so much love for His contemporaries; which for you Maddists, His contemporaries consisted of Jews and Gentiles.

Everyone has the free will given by God to think what they may and state that, but that doesn't relieve us from our duty to defend against any ideas that set up against Christ and the love and unity that can only be found in Him.

bybee

Unity can not be forced or faked, it can only be spiritual through His Spirit. God's desire in this regard doesn't always get actualized as we see just about every moment on TOL. This reality doesn't change the fact that Unity is God's desire.
The point being that theologies that don't align with God's desire for His One body, One Spiritual body are false.

Who is then members of His Spiritual body? We could attempt to judge this, and we should seek His discerment so that we can to help build up those in Christ who seem to far from Him. But ultimately, He is the only one who truly knows this.

What is the best evidence of Christ in someone? His love exuding from them, like Paul whose letters are filled with so much love for His contemporaries; which for you Maddists, His contemporaries consisted of Jews and Gentiles.

Everyone has the free will given by God to think what they may and state that, but that doesn't relieve us from our duty to defend against any ideas that set up against Christ and the love and unity that can only be found in Him.

True!

Cross Reference

[QUOTE]Who is then members of His Spiritual body? We could attempt to judge this, and we should seek His discerment so that we can to help build up those in Christ who seem to far from Him. But ultimately, He is the only one who truly knows this.

Which is His many membered body, the invisible Church of the very elect I believe fit the "man-child" of Rev 12 who will be caught away in an instant. Read it to see that and continue to see what happens to the remnant of her seed.

Please don't take this any further for the sake of some pet argument. There is none in me for this to be argued out. I have accepted it as written and find support for it in other places of scripture that make sense.

There is only unity in the body of Christ in those who are truly born of the Holy Spirit. There doesn't seem to be a unified Mongol hoard of Christians at large, in the first place. This has been my experience in this life. Also, characters like Rick Warren or the Pope, calling for ecumenicism with the likes of Muslims, if anything, show that the calls for unity seem to be coming from snakes in the grass, doing destruction to gospel truth, creating bastardized religions that can't even save. In my opinion, I'd like to see much more standing on clear truths of scripture, much less compromise with the devil. Then, I'd feel more in a uniting mood.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only unity in the body of Christ in those who are truly born of the Holy Spirit. There doesn't seem to be a unified Mongol hoard of Christians at large, in the first place. This has been my experience in this life. Also, characters like Rick Warren or the Pope, calling for ecumenicism with the likes of Muslims, if anything, show that the calls for unity seem to be coming from snakes in the grass, doing destruction to gospel truth, creating bastardized religions that can't even save. In my opinion, I'd like to see much more standing on clear truths of scripture, much less compromise with the devil. Then, I'd feel more in a uniting mood.

Years ago I was driving past some churches in the local town and I asked the Lord why he does not join them all together, and He directly said " I will not join all of that flesh together"

Anyway in the process over time the Lord gathered together individuals from many of those churches to assemble under a house and the Glory was there.

(Until some ignorant folk decided they should make it into an organized church and install a pastor over it from another town, and then it died.)

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BTW

Unity of the Spirit must come before it is even possible to have unity in doctrine and purpose.

Eph 4:1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
Eph 4:2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
Eph 4:3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

LA

Eric h

There is only one Jesus Christ, it seems a madness that we have so many competing denominations.

Cross Reference

There is only one Jesus Christ, it seems a madness that we have so many competing denominations.

That is what it is all about when I stated God hinders man's effort in his attempt to bring about unity. The visible church today are less about God and more about humanism. However, make no mistake, God will have His Church, His very elect people and it will be comprised of some of those within and many without, the visible church. The "man-child" of Revelations 12.

DAN P

That is what it is all about when I stated God hinders man's effort in his attempt to bring about unity. The visible church today are less about God and more about humanism. However, make no mistake, God will have His Church, His very elect people and it will be comprised of some of those within and many without, the visible church. The "man-child" of Revelations 12.

Hi and just where is a verse where Jesus HINDERS UNITY ??:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

Eric h

I find it a great blessing to pray with Christians from many denominations, we pray together, and we pray for each other in our town.