Under the Law or "In Christ"

Epoisses

There are many scriptures telling us of righteous men before the Holy Spirit was given to all believers.

Those men were righteous by faith. In their flesh they were dead in sin. Paul says in Hebrews 11 all the OT saints lived by faith.

For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. Gal. 5:5

God's Truth

Those men were righteous by faith. In their flesh they were dead in sin. Paul says in Hebrews 11 all the OT saints lived by faith.

For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. Gal. 5:5

So are you finally admitting they OBEYED and did not sin?

Ben Masada

Salvation is NOT by obedience to the law.

Salvation is only by faith in Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

The law should tell you that you are a sinner. Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

When he wrote that he was quoting King David. Psalm 14:1-3.

So you have two Jewish brothers refuting you.

What Robert means with this post above is that Paul was saying the truth and that Jesus was lying to warn the people to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Robert Pate

Banned
What Robert means with this post above is that Paul was saying the truth and that Jesus was lying to warn the people to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Moses and the prophets testified of Jesus. As a matter of fact the whole Old Testament pointed to the coming of Jesus.

Ben Masada

Moses and the prophets testified of Jesus. As a matter of fact the whole Old Testament pointed to the coming of Jesus.

Please, don't do this to yourself! It is a killer to your credibility. The whole Tanach pointed to the coming of Jesus! Why don't you quote some references to me? I am not a Christian to take your word of it. Show me the text you think is pointing to Jesus and we will discuss the matter. If I fail to let you know what the text is pointing to... and with the proper Biblical evidence, I will become a Christian as you are. But if I succeed to prove what I am saying I will, I'll expect you to stand for the Truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
Please, don't do this to yourself! It is a killer to your credibility. The whole Tanach pointed to the coming of Jesus! Why don't you quote some references to me? I am not a Christian to take your word of it. Show me the text you think is pointing to Jesus and we will discuss the matter. If I fail to let you know what the text is pointing to... and with the proper Biblical evidence, I will become a Christian as you are. But if I succeed to prove what I am saying I will, I'll expect you to stand for the Truth.

Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. If you want to know what God is like then look at Jesus.

Paul wrote, "But now the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21.

The whole law speaks of Jesus. Jesus is the epitome of God's Holy Law.

Ben Masada

Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. If you want to know what God is like then look at Jesus.

Paul wrote, "But now the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21.

The whole law speaks of Jesus. Jesus is the epitome of God's Holy Law.

See what I mean? I was expecting your response with all the evidences or at least one that the whole Tanach according to you points to Jesus and, I got nothing. Even anxious I was not because I knew there no such a
thing about Jesus.

Incarnation or reincarnation is not Jewish sir! Any quote from the NT is from the gospel of Paul. I want something from the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach. He was a Jew, not a Greek. And you continue claiming that the whole Law speaks of Jesus. For heaven's sake, at least, say IMHO or something like "by faith" or "as I believe." A literal claim when there is nothing in there is simply ridiculous.

Robert Pate

Banned
See what I mean? I was expecting your response with all the evidences or at least one that the whole Tanach according to you points to Jesus and, I got nothing. Even anxious I was not because I knew there no such a
thing about Jesus.

Incarnation or reincarnation is not Jewish sir! Any quote from the NT is from the gospel of Paul. I want something from the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach. He was a Jew, not a Greek. And you continue claiming that the whole Law speaks of Jesus. For heaven's sake, at least, say IMHO or something like "by faith" or "as I believe." A literal claim when there is nothing in there is simply ridiculous.

Paul is the one that said, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21. I didn't say that.