Ukraine Crisis

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Just as an aside, before the fall of the old Soviet Union, that area was called "the Ukraine" the same way we call sections of the United States the South or the Midwest. But after the fall, when that area became its own country, it's no longer called "the Ukraine" the same way we don’t say "the Spain" or "the France."
True. I say "the Ukraine" sometimes, when addressing select audiences, and only because I know just whose* goat it's getting when I do so....and it ain't the Ukrainian people (with whom I never have occasion to have conversation). I'd have no desire or intention to offend any sense of national pride Ukrainians might have, because, like you, and unlike a few passengers on TOL, I am not anti-nationalist.

*In fact, a while back I even had occasion to school one of 'em (one of their slower ones) so that they could get on-board with their own team's program in that regard; I gave them an additional prop wherewith to enhance the performance of their fake outrage.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
True. I say "the Ukraine" sometimes, when addressing select audiences, and only because I know just whose* goat it's getting when I do so....and it ain't the Ukrainian people (with whom I never have occasion to have conversation). I'd have no desire or intention to offend any sense of national pride Ukrainians might have, because, like you, and unlike a few passengers on TOL, I am not anti-nationalist.

*In fact, a while back I even had occasion to school one of 'em (one of their slower ones) so that they could get on-board with their own team's program in that regard; I gave them an additional prop wherewith to enhance the performance of their fake outrage.
My bestie in high school had parents from Ukraine. His mother came over as a child in the late 20s and had no memories of the country. His father came over after World War II. He was captured by the German army as a young teen and forced to work in a labor camp. After the war he made his way across Europe, across the iron curtain to England where he was sponsored by a Ukrainian National expatriates group and shipped to upstate New York where there was a population of Ukie's. They spoke Ukrainian in the household and they took the local Ukrainian language newspaper. And attended the local Russian Orthodox Catholic Church.

His father was a fire plug of a man. Short, stout and incredibly strong. He drank 190 proof plum brandy.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Problem is, neo-Nazis identify themselves as right-wing
the neo Nazi movement is far right as was Nazism itself.

These are exactly the sort of things one expects leftards to say in their failed attempts to disown their Nazis. Of course leftards are going to blame their evil and their crimes on conservatives. All one has to remember is the leftard mindset of "the ends justify the means", and one will never have a problem understanding why leftards love to lie like that about their own, and against conservatives.

way 2 go

These are exactly the sort of things one expects leftards to say in their failed attempts to disown their Nazis. Of course leftards are going to blame their evil and their crimes on conservatives. All one has to remember is the leftard mindset of "the ends justify the means", and one will never have a problem understanding why leftards love to lie like that about their own, and against conservatives.
leftist always call conservatives nazis ,
it's a favorite confession through projection ,
canada's dear leader uses it all the time
for the conservatives that disagree with him

Arthur Brain

leftist always call conservatives nazis ,
it's a favorite confession through projection ,
canada's dear leader uses it all the time
for the conservatives that disagree with him
Hmm, I don't call conservatives Nazis or even those on the far right unless they express sentiments that would align with such pathetic ideology. So, that's a fail.

marke

Hmm, I don't call conservatives Nazis or even those on the far right unless they express sentiments that would align with such pathetic ideology. So, that's a fail.
Not all blacks openly advocate killing cops just like very few Americans are aligned with white supremacy or Nazi movements.

Arthur Brain

The handful of quacks supporting white nationalism or the handful of quacks supporting black nationalism are just insignificant percentages of what makes up America.
Oh, they're a minority thankfully as are those who would advocate the West being turned into a totalitarian state based on their fervent religious extremism. The fact remains that the pathetic neo-Nazi movement is far right as was the Nazi movement itself. It's well documented and no amount of foot stomping and petulant denial alters facts...

marke

Oh, they're a minority thankfully as are those who would advocate the West being turned into a totalitarian state based on their fervent religious extremism. The fact remains that the pathetic neo-Nazi movement is far right as was the Nazi movement itself. It's well documented and no amount of foot stomping and petulant denial alters facts...
Turning the west into a cesspool of immorality and degeneracy is not to be preferred over adherence to godly views and values.