U.S. Christian Population in Freefall

quip

BANNED
Banned
"9/11 was the worst thing that could have happened for religion at large. Young adults grew up after the tragedy seeing radical religious fundamentalism for the hate mongering, violent, divisiveness it prides itself upon....and they're not having it. We're slowly growing out of its pathetic grasp (indoctrination) on society."

Remember though that "radical religious fundamentalism" is dispensationalism, and TOL is said to be run by dispensationalists.

In dispensationalism, though there are somewhat different varieties of the theology, the starting postulate of dispensationalism is the statement by Lewis S. Chafer that "Israel is an eternal nation, heir to an eternal land, with an eternal kingdom, on which David rules from an eternal throne so that in eternity, '...never the twain, Israel and church, shall meet." Lewis S. Chafer, Systematic Theology (Dallas, Dallas Seminary Press, 1975), Vol. 4. pp. 315-323..

Dispensationalism makes a separation between saved Jews and Saved Gentiles, which opposes the doctrine in the New Testament that there is a unity between saved Gentiles and saved Jews. This is a serious and important departure from New Testament doctrine.

See Ephesians 2: 11-22

In Galatians 3: 28, for example, Paul uses one verse to state the New Testament doctrine that saved Jews and saved Gentiles are united as one body of the elect. But in Ephesians 2, he uses verses 13 to 22 to spell out in more detail how saved Jews and saved Gentiles are united in one body.

I'm not sure if you're challenging my point here or propping it up. Seems to me that what you're saying only adds to the religious dissonance/sectarianism...thus, supplying more fuel to the anti-religious pyre. :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
artie to JR, about me:
No, and once again with emphasis, specifically in regards to your "buddy" who you'll routinely give a high five to no matter what he says or trolls about as you did with his "response" to me here.

wow

you really care about who "thanks" a particular post or poster?

what a pathetic immature loser

By his own admission he gets on better with Sherman when they have nothing to do with each other.

yep, inzl and i never had much to do with each other

i can't imagine why that would matter to you :idunno:

or what it says about your obsessiveness that you remember that I said it, years ago :dizzy:

I could tell you why

it's a good bet you'd be wrong :chuckle:
I've taken him off ignore for this response only

still haven't figured out how ignore is supposed to work, eh? :darwinsm:

so I'd ask you not to advertise him as an illustrious example of fundamentalism or anything else in future

i believe JR is free to do whatever he wants, regardless of how it might offend your tender sensibilities

doser suggests a reason why artie has me on ignore:
"... because (artie) got frustrated by always being bested by (doser's) logic and reasoning when all (artie) could come up with was emotional arguments"

:thumb:
Nope, you've never bested anyone

never?

not even once in the fifteen years I've been here?

for those of you paying attention, I just did it again :banana:
unless it's as the poster who's been banned more than anyone else.

nope, not even close

in the list of top infractions you come in 9th

I don't even appear in the top 20

Spoiler

Top Infractions

1 voltaire 10 242
2 Squeaky 63 120
3 Persephone66 33 110
4 Shelli 9 99
5 serpentdove 29 92
6 CatholicCrusader 32 87
7 Zeus 15 74
8 Uberpod1 13 73
9 Arthur Brain 14 72
10 Stuu 59 70
11 BillyBob 13 68
12 krystyna 8 66
13 Prakk 4 65
14 Guyver 5 65
15 aSeattleConserv 8 64
16 Markseasigh 5 63
17 1Mind1Spirit 11 62
18 cgaviria 7 61
19 Flaminggg 8 61
20 Sum1sGruj 8 60

in fact, I don't appear in the top 200

artie is 9

and i did it again :banana:
In that case you have a pretty much unassailable record along with usernames probably...

that always bugged the heck out of you and rusha - never understood it, always put it down to random retardedness :idunno:

yes, i probably have had the most usernames over the years - koban, some other dude, resurrected, resodko, ok doser and others

I just got bored of you doser,

and yet here you are, reading what I wrote and pretending to take me off ignore to respond to me

and i did it again! :banana:

deleted rant, reported for violating special rules

Tiresome at every turn. You're straight back on ignore and feel free to drive by as you will, sad though that actually is.

:e4e:

until next time then :wave2:

Last edited:

ok doser

It seems odd...are there Christians who longer believe sin is sin? I get that the world at large is a dark wicked place where anything goes. But Christians should know better. Well, the one that actually read their Bible do.

there are churches who no longer follow scriptural precepts regarding hot button social issues, like homosexuality, adultery, divorce, and abortion, to a lesser degree

they identify as "Christian", but I don't recognize them as such

ok doser

JR to barbie:
... It's why people like yourself and Arthur .. and more hate what fundamentalists like myself, ok doser, Stripe, Clete, Right Divider, etc, have to say about what the Bible says, because the Truth is inherently offensive.

it's pride, a rejection of God in favor of what they think should be truth

The Berean

there are churches who no longer follow scriptural precepts regarding hot button social issues, like homosexuality, adultery, divorce, and abortion, to a lesser degree

they identify as "Christian", but I don't recognize them as such

Yeah, why even bother to identify as "Christian" I wonder? :idunno: I see this a lot with younger people. Often, though, it's simply that they do not read or study the Scriptures.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yeah, why even bother to identify as "Christian" I wonder?

Taking God's name as their own to make it seem like they have authority on matters they know little to nothing about.

:idunno: I see this a lot with younger people. Often, though, it's simply that they do not read or study the Scriptures.

I'd say it's a majority of Christians (and "Christians" too), young, middle aged, and old who don't study.

ok doser

Taking God's name as their own to make it seem like they have authority on matters they know little to nothing about.

I'd say it's a majority of Christians (and "Christians" too), young, middle aged, and old who don't study.

one thing (maybe the only thing) that I miss from interacting with Squeaky was the odd Bible searches I'd often go on to refute his silly nonsense - often they'd lead to something totally unexpected, something I hadn't encountered or considered before

in a way, his rejection of God strengthened my relationship with God

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
one thing (maybe the only thing) that I miss from interacting with Squeaky was the odd Bible searches I'd often go on to refute his silly nonsense - often they'd lead to something totally unexpected, something I hadn't encountered or considered before

in a way, his rejection of God strengthened my relationship with God
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah55:11&version=NKJV

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
First into this thread, talking about politics, no less: Barbarian. :think:

Not only that, but he came right out and admitted that he, The Barbarian, is a political non-Christian:

You're right. For a spiritual Christian, it's not a big deal. For a political Christian, it's a huge deal.

Nobody is gonna buy it if he tries to lie, saying that he's not political. Everybody knows he's political. So, by his admission that he's not a political Christian (as he leaves no room for doubt that he despises political Christians), he is admitting that he is a political non-Christian.

He's had me on "ignore" for months.:)

7djengo7

Yeah, why even bother to identify as "Christian" I wonder? :idunno:
Pretending to be a Christian is, according to atheists, themselves, perfectly in accord with being an atheist. Here is an article written by a proud anti-Christian, titled The Advantages of Pretending to be a Christian. In the article, we see that, according to atheists, it is acceptable for atheists to lie, and pretend to be Christians, if it will help them achieve a desire they may have of, say, "fit[ing] in with the crowd".

7djengo7

And who can blame him?

I can't blame him. Were I forced to stonewall against all 7djengo7's questions, like Arthur Brain is forced to do, I'd probably have the good sense to put 7djengo7 on "ignore", too, rather than to hang around begging for attention from 7djengo7, like Arthur Brain does. The Barbarian, despite his failure to deal with the questions I asked him, at least has that particular good sense.

"LOL".

:rain:

HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY LOL SHTICK!!!

Oh, wait...you didn't. You just can't bear to write LOL without quotes around it, like I can. Mine is the LOL shtick, not the "LOL" shtick. Sorry: Your effort, once again, is entirely wasted, Arthur B:rain:. Not a drop on me.

LOL

Arthur Brain

I can't blame him. Were I forced to stonewall against all 7djengo7's questions, like Arthur Brain is forced to do, I'd probably have the good sense to put 7djengo7 on "ignore", too, rather than to hang around begging for attention from 7djengo7, like Arthur Brain does. The Barbarian, despite his failure to deal with the questions I asked him, at least has that particular good sense.

Oh, wait...you didn't. You just can't bear to write LOL without quotes around it, like I can. Mine is the LOL shtick, not the "LOL" shtick. Sorry: Your effort, once again, is entirely wasted, Arthur B:rain:. Not a drop on me.

LOL

Proof positive that too many hours spent on games can send people a bit hatstand...

:freak:

ok doser

LOL

i said
lolololol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
U.S. Christian Population in Freefall
12% Drop in 10 Years – Pew

Christianity in the United States is declining at an unprecedented rate, a new study by the Pew Research Council revealed Thursday, and the percentage of Christians in the country has hit an all-time low.
I've gotten to where I don't put much stock in any polls.
They keep coming up with figures of who is and who isn't, but they have never asked me what I was and I don't know anyone that they did ask.

But if they are going by church building attendance I can see it declining.

Arthur Brain

Poor Arthur Brain: a static, pedestrian "wit" that just can't seem to evLOLve enough to meet the repartee challenges of the modern internet forum. At least he's consistent in his hatred of intelligent design by refusing to apply it to any of his TOL posts.

Oh, I say! What a sterling example of...ignorance. See, I don't have any issues with there being a creator of life, far from it in fact. The only issue I have is with people who insist - through their own dogmatic belief system - that it has to have come about via their own terms and in a particular time scale that fits in with that system. Big difference.

Now, as you've noted in a previous response, I'll be absolutely besides myself if you don't respond to this post so, please, please answer with some devastating wit that would make Wilde & Twain cower in a corner somewhere!

Or don't, whichever...

:e4e: