Two grown men encouraged to play pretend game in public

shagster01

So you're simply saying that what's right in your eyes may not always be considered good or right in the bible. Is that correct?

Yes. Not only as it relates to the bible, but that is certainly included.

It's even present in the Bible. God says murder is wrong, but often commanded his followers to do it anyway in certain situations.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Rejection of sinful behavior is not "forsaking" humanity. Rather, the humanity persisting in such behavior is forsaking God. Pick your side...

I have picked a side....the side that doesn't boastfully persist in promoting the suffering of fellow human beings.

musterion

I have picked a side....the side that doesn't boastfully persist in promoting the suffering of fellow human beings.

Encouraging others in that which God says He will burn is true promotion of suffering and the nadir of hatred. But you keep on lying to yourself.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Encouraging others in that which God says He will burn is true promotion of suffering and the nadir of hatred. But you keep on lying to yourself.

And you take great pride in supporting god's work promoting hate here on earth...correct?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Huh. Worked earlier. Well, here's a pic of the...moment.

Harper.jpg

Reportedly, the organist (far left) played "It's Raining Men."
disgust me -

nikolai_42

Define suffering...I have in mind a rather pertinent line from The Princess Bride. If it just has to do with preservation of one individual's will and desire, then that definition has some problems. Abortion being one of them. There is no free lunch and those wanting to continually flout what is really just natural law are going to have to pay. Better be offended now and escape consequences later than to try and preserve the right to choose whatever you want (just so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else). Again, the glaring inconsistency with the abortion problem should give one pause here.

nikolai_42

Yes. Not only as it relates to the bible, but that is certainly included.

It's even present in the Bible. God says murder is wrong, but often commanded his followers to do it anyway in certain situations.

The bible defines murder as distinct from self-defense (e.g. Exodus 22), capital punishment (e.g. Exodus 21:12 and Deuteronomy 22:23-27 - but most notably Genesis 9:6 for a general proscription) and war. The Hebrew word for "kill" in "Thou shalt not kill" is very specific to the taking of a life with malice. So I would challenge you to show me where God commanded murder.

shagster01

The bible defines murder as distinct from self-defense (e.g. Exodus 22), capital punishment (e.g. Exodus 21:12 and Deuteronomy 22:23-27 - but most notably Genesis 9:6 for a general proscription) and war. The Hebrew word for "kill" in "Thou shalt not kill" is very specific to the taking of a life with malice. So I would challenge you to show me where God commanded murder.

Slaughtering all women and children at Jericho goes beyond "war."

musterion

Slaughtering all women and children at Jericho goes beyond "war."

I don't see where it says there were any children in Jericho.

They completely destroyed everything in the city with the sword—every man and woman, both young and old, and every ox, sheep, and donkey.
But you keep on rebuking God, pretend ex-believer. I am eager to see God reward you for your work.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Keep on rebuking God. I am eager to see God reward you for your work.

Which ignores the point and makes you sound more like someone who gets a kick out of anticipating schadenfreude.

Which is pretty unpleasant, come to think of it.

musterion

Which ignores the point and makes you sound more like someone who gets a kick out of anticipating schadenfreude.

Which is pretty unpleasant, come to think of it.

1. I did address his point, but you're so stupid in your imagined brilliance that you think you can pretend I didn't and no one would notice.

2. Paul looked forward to an idolator, whose chosen career it was to oppose Christ, getting what he was earning. You guys do it for free, so I do as Paul did. Your reward, I'll wager, will be even greater than Shag's.

Granite

Hall of Fame
1. I did address his point, but you're so stupid in your imagined brilliance that you think you can pretend I didn't and no one would notice.

2. Paul looked forward to an idolator, whose chosen career it was to oppose Christ, getting what he was earning. You guys do it for free, so I do as Paul did. Your reward, I'll wager, will be even greater than Shag's.

a) excusing genocide is just that
b) pardon anyone here acquainted with you for ever assuming you wish we non-believers the best
c) Joshua 6:21 says kids were in there, by the way

shagster01

I don't see where it says there were any children in Jericho.

But you keep on rebuking God, pretend ex-believer. I am eager to see God reward you for your work.

Yeah you're right. It was most likely a city of only adults who abstained from sex or used top if the line birth control and "young" refers to, you know, the 18-21 year old demographic. It makes more sense than thinking there were kids in the families there. We do know there were families because the prostitute's "family" was spared. They were just all childless families, right? The city was going to die out from lack of reproduction anyway. The Jews just hastened it along.

Yeah, that justifies slaughtering the innocent non-children.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
a) excusing genocide is just that
b) pardon anyone here acquainted with you for ever assuming you wish we non-believers the best
c) Joshua 6:21 says kids were in there, by the way

Yeah you're right. It was most likely a city of only adults who abstained from sex or used top if the line birth control and "young" refers to, you know, the 18-21 year old demographic. It makes more sense than thinking there were kids in the families there. We do know there were families because the prostitute's "family" was spared. They were just all childless families, right? The city was going to die out from lack of reproduction anyway. The Jews just hastened it along.

Yeah, that justifies slaughtering the innocent non-children.

Its really ironic to see your objection to God as being the "slaughtering of innocent children" when you support abortion, mind blowing actually