Trying To Get People Executed, In Christian Love

WizardofOz

Rusha,

If you want to prevent a mother suffering from postpartum psychosis and killing her baby again, then you have the choice of killing her just to be on the safe side, sterilising her, taking the baby away after birth, providing medical or social support to prevent the illness or doing nothing.

Tell me again why you need to execute the woman and can't possibly do one of the other actions? Unless you just like people to die.

Are you going to offer your suggestion?...

oatmeal

People who do evil choose to do evil, if not directly, indirectly.

There is no such thing as mental incompetence, or whatever term is used to make excuses, that is error.

People who let their minds go to evil, do evil eventually.

Evil starts with thoughts and everyone can choose what thoughts to think and which to reject.

gcthomas

I'm sure you will be quite happy, then, if you ever develop a mental illness to be vilified for it and blamed for your own medical condition.

"it's his own fault he starved to death - he had his pension but he just stopped cooking or cleaning. Some would blame the dementia, but I think he just let himself go"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sure you will be quite happy, then, if you ever develop a mental illness to be vilified for it and blamed for your own medical condition.

"it's his own fault he starved to death - he had his pension but he just stopped cooking or cleaning. Some would blame the dementia, but I think he just let himself go"

Because starving to death is just like drowning your children in the bath tub ...

oatmeal

I would rather be executed for some heinous crime than live to repeat it

That would be loving my neighbor as myself

gcthomas

I would rather be executed for some heinous crime than live to repeat it

That would be loving my neighbor as myself

That's just the point - there is no bad character that will repeat the crime, because the causes were external to the will of the woman, temporary and preventable.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's just the point - there is no bad character that will repeat the crime, because the causes were external to the will of the woman, temporary and preventable.

Preventable ... as in ... "they didn't have to do it".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, preventable as in can be prevented in the future. I'm not sure you can prevent things have already happened. ;)

It's up to you to demonstrate why they get a freebie and thereby set a standard of saying "it's okay to kill your children and pretty much anyone as long as you claim "my hormones made me do it!"

Either killing others is no big deal after pregnancy and thereby shouldn't be a crime or it wrong. Which is it?

gcthomas

It's up to you to demonstrate why they get a freebie and thereby set a standard of saying "it's okay to kill your children and pretty much anyone as long as you claim "my hormones made me do it!"

Either killing others is no big deal after pregnancy and thereby shouldn't be a crime or it wrong. Which is it?

The claim has to stand up in court with the support of medical experts and others with evidence of her mental state. It can never be just a claim for something so serious.

Is it just to execute someone who was not legally or medically mentally criminally responsible?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The claim has to stand up in court with the support of medical experts and others with evidence of her mental state. It can never be just a claim for something so serious.

Is it just to execute someone who was not legally or medically mentally criminally responsible?

In regards to the Yates case ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Yates

Yates confessed to drowning her children. Prior to her second trial, she told Dr. Michael Welner that she waited for Rusty to leave for work that morning before filling the bathtub because she knew he would have prevented her from harming them.[14] After the killings, police found the family dog locked up; Rusty advised Welner that it had normally been allowed to run free, and was so when he had left the house that morning, leading the psychiatrist to allege that she locked it in a cage to prevent it from interfering with her killing the children one by one. Rusty got a family friend, George Parnham, to act as her attorney.[15]

Yeah ... no premeditation there.

This Charming Manc

A complete lack of understanding of mental illness, the law and reporting all rolled into 1 post.

Congratulations.

The insanity defense is a crock. If it were legitimate then 50% of people claiming to have gone "temporarily insane" would have donated all their money to charity instead of murdering someone.