Trupp's POTD 03-02-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
My Post of the day since Knight had already swiped Lion's earlier post.
You misunderstand what I am saying, Jesus was fully human and fully God. I am correct, His Divine nature never died! The Trinity was never separated, this is not correct.

Jesus was nailed to the cross, but in the moment of his death, His divine nature was (by necessity) separated from his human side. This is why he cried out. No sin could be felt as a fully human sin by a Divine being. Jesus died as a human, but it was His Divine side that has always lived and will, always live

I understand what you are saying, I just disagree with you. To say that Jesus’ Divine nature departed from Him, is something Christians (not you but way back) have just made up because they think it makes God less than God to say that part of the Trinity could die (separation). I, however, believe it makes God more powerful and wonderful that He would truly suffer as He did for our sakes.

The key is to remember what death is—it is separation from God. God is a triune God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). When Jesus became a man, He was still God, but with severe limitations. He could sin, and if He did He would be separated for all eternity from the Godhead, for if God does not give aid to fallen angels, He certainly wouldn’t give aid (in the form of salvation) to a fallen member of the trinity.

This is how much God loves us. To take the chance, the danger, that the Godhead could be affected. But He knew Jesus as only the Father can know the Son, and He trusted him.

But to save us the price had to be paid, so that justice could be met. Jesus paid the price. All of Jesus paid the price. And still, He overcame death.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Excellent pick! :up: But shouldn't it be....

Trupp's POTD 02-03-2008

Or do you folks from the UK put the day before the month?

Status
Not open for further replies.