Trump's greatest move so far

Gary K

Banned
I did. Your turn.

Citations, please. I just gave you the origin of $20+ million of his income over the past 12 years. I have no idea where you're getting any of those estimates.

Suspicious of what? They're private citizens now. There's basically nothing they can't get paid for that could represent an ethical problem beyond what would apply to anyone else. And, we know why the price was high: There was a bidding war. And the Obama are still very popular. https://nypost.com/2017/02/28/obamas-book-deal-bidding-war-hits-60m/

Care to show me how you arrived at that, including your sourcing? Or do you just expect me to take your word for it?

I require more than innuendos. If you actually have proof of wrongdoing, lets see it.

Of course, any policies that they could enact to address the maldistribution of wealth would apply to them, too. I'm not sure that counts as hypocrisy.

All you need to do is do some research on Obama's net worth. I took the high one from Celebrity Watch and the low one from Forbes. Since Forbes business is economics and financial information I tend to give their numbers more credibility than a site dedicated to celebrities. All I did was take, and this is very simple to do, the entire net worth from both sites and run it through an online roi calculator over the period of time from when the estimates of net worth were given and the end of 2017. Anyone can do it. Anyone can find the same information. This isn't rocket science. This isn't some secret formula or hidden data. It is very basic financial planning information available to anyone online. I'm poor as a church mouse, yet I know how to do this, why don't you? Why is this such a mystery to you and how is it you find this so hard to verify? It's all public knowledge. Are you really this ignorant of all of this? You seem intelligent so I find this pretty hard to believe.

Now, nobody invests 100% of their net worth at any time, yet that is what I did in running the numbers. In doing so I gave Obama a break in how big a rate of return on his investments he was getting. Neither did I make any allowances for financial management fees, transaction fees, etc... all of which raises the rate of return he must have gotten once those things are taken out of his accounts every year over the periods of years in question.

Gary K

Banned
Most of that has little to with with Trump. And Jeffrey Epstein has connections to Trump as well as Clinton. https://news.vice.com/article/the-s...-a-fight-against-hillary-clinton-bill-clinton

LOL. Do you think nobody else has ever seen that Trump has done business with another real estate developer, which is what Epstein does for a living. How odd that two guys in the same business in the same area know each other and have done business with each other. That in and of itself is not evidence linking Trump to Epstein's sickness.

As to your assertion that what Liz Corkin has said has everything to do with Trump has nothing to do with Trump, well, your bald-faced assertion carries no weight with me. I will trust what a professional journalist who has been doing investigations into this subject for years has to say much more than I will some anonymous guy on the internet who gives no evidence for what he says and just loves to troll everything ever said in Trump's favor. Your obvious bias speaks against your assertions quite loudly.

rexlunae

All you need to do is do some research on Obama's net worth. I took the high one from Celebrity Watch and the low one from Forbes. Since Forbes business is economics and financial information I tend to give their numbers more credibility than a site dedicated to celebrities. All I did was take, and this is very simple to do, the entire net worth from both sites and run it through an online roi calculator over the period of time from when the estimates of net worth were given and the end of 2017.

Could you just post the links you used? The only thing I see from Forbes about his net worth is from 2012.

Show your work if you want to be taken seriously. You're just throwing around number which for all I know, you made up.

Anyone can do it. Anyone can find the same information. This isn't rocket science. This isn't some secret formula or hidden data. It is very basic financial planning information available to anyone online. I'm poor as a church mouse, yet I know how to do this, why don't you? Why is this such a mystery to you and how is it you find this so hard to verify? It's all public knowledge. Are you really this ignorant of all of this? You seem intelligent so I find this pretty hard to believe.

Ultimately, it's on you to backup your claims. I can do research, but I can't find a thing that substantiates the claims you're making, and more to the point, I shouldn't have to. Put up or shut up.

Now, nobody invests 100% of their net worth at any time, yet that is what I did in running the numbers. In doing so I gave Obama a break in how big a rate of return on his investments he was getting.

Why don't you consult his tax returns? That will tell you definitely where he gets his money.

Neither did I make any allowances for financial management fees, transaction fees, etc... all of which raises the rate of return he must have gotten once those things are taken out of his accounts every year over the periods of years in question.

Presidents that aren't horribly corrupt can manage their finances in one of two ways: they can place the investments in a blind trust, or they can invest in boring things that aren't considered to present a conflict of interest, like T-Notes. My understanding is that he mostly did the later, which then wouldn't have much of a fee associated with it.

Gary K

Banned
Could you just post the links you used? The only thing I see from Forbes about his net worth is from 2012.

Show your work if you want to be taken seriously. You're just throwing around number which for all I know, you made up.

Ultimately, it's on you to backup your claims. I can do research, but I can't find a thing that substantiates the claims you're making, and more to the point, I shouldn't have to. Put up or shut up.

Why don't you consult his tax returns? That will tell you definitely where he gets his money.

Presidents that aren't horribly corrupt can manage their finances in one of two ways: they can place the investments in a blind trust, or they can invest in boring things that aren't considered to present a conflict of interest, like T-Notes. My understanding is that he mostly did the later, which then wouldn't have much of a fee associated with it.

I'm not going to spend all that time doing work which will mean absolutely nothing to you. If I showed you everything I know it wouldn't influence your thinking at all, so what is point? It's all there for you to do. I will tell you this, the Forbes net worth that you saw is what I used for the low range on his net worth at that time. There are several sites that say Obama is now worth $40 million. That's the current net worth I used for him. The rest is simply plugging the numbers into a calculator. If you can't do that and trust the output, there's not a thing I could tell you that you could understand.

rexlunae

I'm not going to spend all that time doing work which will mean absolutely nothing to you. If I showed you everything I know it wouldn't influence your thinking at all, so what is point? It's all there for you to do. I will tell you this, the Forbes net worth that you saw is what I used for the low range on his net worth at that time. There are several sites that say Obama is now worth $40 million. That's the current net worth I used for him. The rest is simply plugging the numbers into a calculator. If you can't do that and trust the output, there's not a thing I could tell you that you could understand.

He's been out of office for a year, and he gets paid $400k for ninety minutes of speaking. Seems like that would add up pretty fast. Half of that can be accounted for by revenue from his tax returns in the past decade, no corruption in sight. And if the Obama's got a $60 million advance on a book deal, that doesn't leave a lot more to explain.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trump haters are blinded and brainwashed. They won't accept reality until 2024 when they MIGHT finally get a win.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Interesting that you cast this as Trump hatred when we weren't even talking about him. Telling, really.
Not talking about him? Are you kidding? Everything you post is related to Trump, get real. Sorry, rex, I just traced back the posts and it DID start with Trump. Very telling really.

rexlunae

Not talking about him? Are you kidding? Everything you post is related to Trump, get real.

I'm not obsessed with Trump like you are, Pat. Sorry. This was about Obama.

Sorry, rex, I just traced back the posts and it DID start with Trump. Very telling really.

Maybe before I was talking to him about it. We are discussing Trump in another set of posts in this thread, but the line you responded to was me correcting a faulty line of attack against Obama. Nothing to do with Trump.

rexlunae

Sure you are rex, be honest with yourself even though you won't admit it publicly. You barely post about anything but. Just like Barbie, jgarden, Danoh and Rusha, the posts don't lie.

I didn't say I wasn't obsessed with defeating the man I consider the single greatest threat to life on Earth. I'm just not obsessed like you. I do post about other things.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say I wasn't obsessed with defeating the man I consider the single greatest threat to life on Earth. I'm just not obsessed like you. I do post about other things.
It's too late to defeat him, he won. Give it a go in 2020, but don't wear yourself out in the first few years of Trump's long Presidency. Did you even vote in 16?

Gary K

Banned
He's been out of office for a year, and he gets paid $400k for ninety minutes of speaking. Seems like that would add up pretty fast. Half of that can be accounted for by revenue from his tax returns in the past decade, no corruption in sight. And if the Obama's got a $60 million advance on a book deal, that doesn't leave a lot more to explain.

I sometimes just have to shake my head in wonder. The only analogy I can give you for what I see in your posts is the following. It's like walking into a carnival mirrored house that it is filled with distortion mirrors so that everywhere you look you see a distortion of reality. I can barely recognize what I've said in what you say in reply.

I said earlier in this conversation that I had taken the Obama net worth from a time previous to his having recieved his advanced payment of $60 million. If you had actually run the numbers, and the only reason I can think of for you not doing so is that you can't bring yourself to realize your hero, Obama, is corrupt, you would know what I've said is correct. It's like you've been brainwashed to the point that anything that conflicts with your programming is impossible for you to deal with.

Think about where this conversation started. Obama had $25 million invested in two homes. And that is immediately after the end of his presidency. That means he had to have put at least 62.5% of his estimated net worth in housing. For someone who has shown he invests, at least according to his public records, fairly conservatively that is an extremely large percentage of his net worth to put in housing, especially when the majority of it went into a summer home. It just doesn't fit his past behavior. The only way it would fit is if he has money that is not publicly known about.

If Obama had actually received the $60 million advanced payment, and he only has a net worth of $40 million it means he has spent/lost 10s of millions of dollars in a very short time. None of this adds up. None of it makes financial sense.

The fact that you see absolutely nothing wrong with him receiving an advanced payment 12 times larger than anyone else has ever recieved is a striking testament of how tightly you close your eyes to anything that conflicts with what you desire to see. It reminds me of ACW.

Why do this to yourself? You're the only one you're hurting as you are doing yourself a major disservice. Do yourself a favor and open your eyes to what is going on right in front of your eyes. It's being hidden in plain sight.

rexlunae

I sometimes just have to shake my head in wonder. The only analogy I can give you for what I see in your posts is the following. It's like walking into a carnival mirrored house that it is filled with distortion mirrors so that everywhere you look you see a distortion of reality. I can barely recognize what I've said in what you say in reply.

Somehow, I can relate to that feeling.

I said earlier in this conversation that I had taken the Obama net worth from a time previous to his having recieved his advanced payment of $60 million. If you had actually run the numbers, and the only reason I can think of for you not doing so is that you can't bring yourself to realize your hero, Obama, is corrupt, you would know what I've said is correct. It's like you've been brainwashed to the point that anything that conflicts with your programming is impossible for you to deal with.

And, as I've said now several times, I haven't refused to run the numbers. I don't have them. YOU HAVEN'T PROVIDED YOUR SOURCES. I cannot find the sources that you are vaguely alluding to, so I really can't reproduce what you're claiming. I know that this must be disappointing to you, but you should at least be able to understand why that is. The fact of the matter is that Obama has released his tax returns every year he was President, and nothing leaps out as badly inconsistent. The fact that you expect me to reach the conclusion that he is in some way corrupt based only on your insistence is laughable. You have to produce the evidence and analysis to support the case.

http://www.taxhistory.org/www/website.nsf/web/presidentialtaxreturns

One of the major ways right-wing operators work is by convincing that their bad behavior is ok because everyone does it. Well, that's not good enough for me. You have to show me something that's more than a vague reference.

Think about where this conversation started. Obama had $25 million invested in two homes. And that is immediately after the end of his presidency.

Ok. That's well in line with the money we know (from his tax returns) he made during his time in office.

That means he had to have put at least 62.5% of his estimated net worth in housing. For someone who has shown he invests, at least according to his public records, fairly conservatively that is an extremely large percentage of his net worth to put in housing, especially when the majority of it went into a summer home.

So, you're case that he's corrupt hinges on the fact that you don't think he would put that much money on

It just doesn't fit his past behavior. The only way it would fit is if he has money that is not publicly known about? That's pretty weak sauce. Maybe he felt fairly secure knowing that if everything else fell through, he at least had a presidential salary and pension to rely on.

If Obama had actually received the $60 million advanced payment, and he only has a net worth of $40 million it means he has spent/lost 10s of millions of dollars in a very short time. None of this adds up. None of it makes financial sense.

A large portion of it would end up being paid in taxes. I don't know any of the details of the deal, as it isn't publicly disclosed. And we don't know what he's made in speaking fees and other deals in the past year.

The fact that you see absolutely nothing wrong with him receiving an advanced payment 12 times larger than anyone else has ever recieved is a striking testament of how tightly you close your eyes to anything that conflicts with what you desire to see.

Well, what is wrong with it? You tell me, you're the one who seems to have a problem with it. Now, if he'd received that while in office, that would be a different story, but since January 20th, 2017, he's a private citizen, and there's nothing even a little bit wrong about him taking money for a book. The publisher feels like it's worth the price, and I'm sure it will sell well, so why shouldn't he make bank?

Or do you just have a problem with black people getting paid?

Why do this to yourself? You're the only one you're hurting as you are doing yourself a major disservice. Do yourself a favor and open your eyes to what is going on right in front of your eyes. It's being hidden in plain sight.

Why do I converse with the badly misinformed? I don't know. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth it. But every once in a while, we have a breakthrough. I'd be happy to admit if I were wrong, but you'd have to show me.

rexlunae

rexlunae,

Here is an interesting video to watch on Obama's financial situation and connections. This is something that is going to shock you and most likely you will shutdown rather than accept this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUL68GIZHMQ

You're right. I'm absolutely dumbfounded. It's got all the things I ever ask for in a source: A YouTube channel I've never heard of, a link to an "independent" media company, an computer-generated voice-over from what appears to be a bad translation (translated from Russian, maybe?). Lindsey Graham talking about, apparently, something else entirely. It's great. It's Pizzagate-quality.

Yeah, you got me good.

THall

I didn't say I wasn't obsessed with defeating the man I consider the single greatest threat to life on Earth.

With motivation like that, you could get a job with the F.B.I........ and hang with the other arrogant retards that believe they are smarter than the American voters..... take a long walk on a short pier commie.

Danoh

Trump haters are blinded and brainwashed. They won't accept reality until 2024 when they MIGHT finally get a win.

Yo, PJ'd- just now I accidentally clicked on your profile.

That picture of you - man o man do you look like a Trump drone in that picture.

:rotfl:

Again...

:rotfl: