Trump weasels on pledge to support the Republican nominee, whoever it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Donald Trump has rescinded his pledge to support the Republican nominee for president.

Asked during a CNN town hall whether he stood by the earlier pledge — which he signed in September after meeting with party chairman Reince Priebus — Trump said: "No, I don't."

"We'll see who it is," he told moderator Anderson Cooper.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-takes-back-pledge-to-support-gop-nominee-221363#ixzz44LZBul6Q

The slow, managed implosion continues, exactly as predicted.

So does this look good to you? Do you stand by your man on this?

Or does this reveal that it's really all about his pride?

Or that he's been a deceptive, oxygen-sucking, distracting establishment plant from the beginning?

Whatever you believe about him, can you still believe he has, at heart, the best interests of the Republic (what's left of it) if he won't support Cruz if he's the nominee?

musterion

You mean like Republicans that will vote for Hillary when he is the nominee? Wake up.

Who said Republicans would vote for Clinton if Trump's the nominee? Certain GOP insiders were reported to say they'd prefer Clinton over Trump (and no doubt over Cruz).

So if Trump refuses to back Cruz if Cruz is the nominee, you cool with that? Doesn't really matter in the long run, just curious.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bill Clinton is a rapist and adulterer many times over. Yet rusha says nothing. She says Lewinsky is a home wrecker. Very calculating is this wicked witch. Too bad others don't see through your lies. Well, many do. Surprisingly, some don't. Some here actually think you are pro-life and anti-abortion. Mrs Clinton allowed Bill access to gutter whores in the Governor mansion and the White House. She is unfit as a leader.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bill Clinton is a rapist and adulterer many times over. Yet rusha says nothing.

Nice diversion ... but no cookie. Bill Clinton is not running. The very fact that you are willing to vote for the thrice married adulterer aka Trump makes your feigned outrage all that more humorous ... and hypocritical.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-takes-back-pledge-to-support-gop-nominee-221363#ixzz44LZBul6Q

Or that he's been a deceptive, oxygen-sucking, distracting establishment plant from the beginning?

Whatever you believe about him, can you still believe he has, at heart, the best interests of the Republic (what's left of it) if he won't support Cruz if he's the nominee?

If they push him out or choose another candidate Trump has a right not to vote

musterion

Google does not work for you? I expect these replies from the left, not from you.

I never said Republican voters would vote for Clinton if Trump is the nominee. I've not read anyone anywhere who has suggested that. The usual cranks say they'll stay home if their guy isn't it but it's been more Trump supporters I've seen saying that than Cruz's. I will vote for Trump if he's it. I will vote for Cruz if he's it. I don't think it will matter either way.

musterion

If they push him out or choose another candidate Trump has a right not to vote

what? :confused:

If he goes Perot and runs third party, Clinton wins.

If he's the nominee, Clinton wins because every day that goes by -- like today, on abortion -- Trump opens his mouth to turn off even more people who WOULD have voted for him over Clinton. You'd almost think he's doing it on purpose now that he's helped poison the well against Cruz.

But then, all this is academic. I'm still convinced vote fraud will bring it in for Clinton no matter what does or doesn't happen, and the GOP considers that the best possible result. Yeah I'm cynical, but I've earned it.

exminister

I saw the Town Hall and Trump was interviewed second. Cruz was first and Cruz would not answer this question. He could not say he would not support Trump directly. But Cruz is really good at evading answering direct questions. He has quite the talent for doing that. Cruz was as much a weasel and could not be up front and honest about it. He just keep implying it. Wink. Wink.

Trump was second and when asked the this question Trump was direct and said no and pointed out that Cruz said the same thing between the lines, which was true. I agree with Trump when he said he doesn't want Cruz to support him or any candidate to support him if it is a political lie. Trump has millions more votes than Cruz. Trump really doesn't need Cruz, but Cruz would need Trump to win in the general election.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I saw the Town Hall and Trump was interviewed second. Cruz was first and Cruz would not answer this question. He could not say he would not support Trump directly. But Cruz is really good at evading answering direct questions. He has quite the talent for doing that. Cruz was as much a weasel and could not be up front and honest about it. He just keep implying it. Wink. Wink.

Trump was second and when asked the this question Trump was direct and said no and pointed out that Cruz said the same thing between the lines, which was true. I agree with Trump when he said he doesn't want Cruz to support him or any candidate to support him if it is a political lie. Trump has millions more votes than Cruz. Trump really doesn't need Cruz, but Cruz would need Trump to win in the general election.
Yep, I watched the entire town hall last night

musterion

You're right. Apparently they've all backed off the pledge now. So much for Cruz standing by his word.

There is no way any Republican will win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.