Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Read it and weep

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-isis-raqqa-isis-capital-687391

I'll wait...I'll have to won't I?
So you admit a bit ago that you don't know, just feeling your way along. Now you google and strike something that looks golden to you and that's supposed to be a sort of victory?

:plain: Hokay. Anyway, I read the bit and essentially Trump said, "You do it."

Did that really make the difference? Opinion is divided. The article also notes, "But some commentators have claimed that Trump is simply reaping the benefits of the hard graft put in by the former administration. The battle for Mosul, for example, commenced in October 2016 and lasted for nine months: Iraqi forces had liberated the whole of eastern Mosul by January 24—four days into Trump’s presidency—with the remaining six months consisting of a gruelling slog for the Old City.

Conclusion

President Trump’s claim that he “changed the rules of engagement” appears to have some support among military figures, who have expressed appreciation of greater leeway and authority in directing anti-ISIS operations. But Trump failed to recognize that he is building upon foundations established long before he came to office and, perhaps most pertinently, failed to recognize the overwhelming contribution made by local forces in ousting ISIS from its former capital."

Unemployment reaches new low -
Paralleling the president's popularity? :eek:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you admit a bit ago that you don't know, just feeling your way along. Now you google and strike something that looks golden to you and that's supposed to be a sort of victory?

:plain: Hokay. Anyway, I read the bit and essentially Trump said, "You do it."

Did that really make the difference? Opinion is divided. The article also notes, "But some commentators have claimed that Trump is simply reaping the benefits of the hard graft put in by the former administration. The battle for Mosul, for example, commenced in October 2016 and lasted for nine months: Iraqi forces had liberated the whole of eastern Mosul by January 24—four days into Trump’s presidency—with the remaining six months consisting of a gruelling slog for the Old City.

Conclusion

President Trump’s claim that he “changed the rules of engagement” appears to have some support among military figures, who have expressed appreciation of greater leeway and authority in directing anti-ISIS operations. But Trump failed to recognize that he is building upon foundations established long before he came to office and, perhaps most pertinently, failed to recognize the overwhelming contribution made by local forces in ousting ISIS from its former capital."

Paralleling the president's popularity? :eek:
I think I said I don't know if you can credit Trump for the economy although I do anyway. I heard Trump talking about getting serious about terrorism and ISIS from the start of his campaign and throughout his Presidency. Do you require legislation or publicized policies to admit that Trump is doing a better job with the military than Obama and Bush? BTW, Trump would have killed Bin Laden in half the time.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think I said I don't know if you can credit Trump for the economy although I do anyway.
How is that different from not having a reason, just feeling again?

I heard Trump talking about getting serious about terrorism and ISIS from the start of his campaign and throughout his Presidency.
They all talk about that and they're all serious about that. At least rhetorically.

Do you require legislation or publicized policies to admit that Trump is doing a better job with the military than Obama and Bush?
Not doing anything as an accomplishment? :eek: Now that's something.

BTW, Trump would have killed Bin Laden in half the time.
:chuckle: I think Trump realized he didn't like the hours taking hands on responsibility would entail. I mean, once upon a time he loved to tell us that he knew more than anyone about any particular thing that he was talking about. The admission noted in the article was refreshing.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How is that different from not having a reason, just feeling again?

They all talk about that and they're all serious about that. At least rhetorically.

Not doing anything as an accomplishment? :eek: Now that's something.

:chuckle: I think Trump realized he didn't like the hours taking hands on responsibility would entail. I mean, once upon a time he loved to tell us that he knew more than anyone about any particular thing that he was talking about. The admission noted in the article was refreshing.
I think you'll hear lots of refreshing things noted in articles for the next 7.2 years. :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Looks like Trump didn't lie about previous Presidents not calling fallen soldiers' loved ones, even Obama -

No comment from Town because he spun the Fake News on this story. Did you see John Kelly set things straight Clown? No cuss words to hurt your delicate sensibilities, just John Kelly saying that he told Trump no call was made to his family by Obama when Kelly lost his son in action and that other Presidents did make calls sometimes.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No comment from Town because he spun the Fake News on this story.
I really don't read everything that's posted here and I'm not here as often as some of you these days. You should quote people if you're going to make allegations. I recall noting the strong response from a few people on the point. Nothing fake about that.

Did you see John Kelly set things straight Clown?
Are you really this personally skewed? Clown? Well, it's better than punk, I suppose, if no more original. Good grief.

No cuss words to hurt your delicate sensibilities
:chuckle: If you don't approve of profanity you're delicate? PJ, you're a hoot.

just John Kelly saying that he told Trump no call was made to his family by Obama when Kelly lost his son in action and that other Presidents did make calls sometimes.
You mean that most presidents made calls, but not to everyone? Now going back to what started this, Trump said:

"If you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn't make calls — a lot of them didn't make calls. I like to make calls when it's appropriate," Trump said when asked why he didn’t call the families of the fallen soldiers.

Now that was a peculiar and wrong thing to say. The fact isn't that most of them did make calls, though not in every instance. And in an article on the point from CNN, Kelly himself urged the president not to make the call that got him into more hot water with Wilson and that whole can of worms.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I think I said I don't know if you can credit Trump for the economy although I do anyway. I heard Trump talking about getting serious about terrorism and ISIS from the start of his campaign and throughout his Presidency. Do you require legislation or publicized policies to admit that Trump is doing a better job with the military than Obama and Bush? BTW, Trump would have killed Bin Laden in half the time.
lk052617_color.jpg

The bar to measure success for "The Donald" has been set so low that any day when his Secretary of State hasn't referred to him as a "MORON" is considered a "win!"

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
lk052617_color.jpg

The bar to measure success for "The Donald" has been set so low than any day when his Secretary of State hasn't referred to him as a "MORON" is considered a "win!"
Good job avoiding the truth again. After all, jgarbage consumes his news from cartoons.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/22/house-also-probing-obama-era-uranium-one-deal-desantis-says.html

The House Oversight committee has started looking into an Obama-era deal in which a Russian-backed company bought a uranium firm with mines in the U.S., Rep. Ron DeSantis told Fox News on Sunday, adding that he’s spoken with the federal government’s “confidential informant” on the matter.

The uranium agreement was reached while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, and some investors in the Russian-backed company, Uranium One, had relationships with former President Bill Clinton and donated to the Clinton Foundation.
“I’ve spoken with the confidential informant that helped the FBI uncover this bribery scheme,” DeSantis, R-Fla., a member of the oversight committee, told “America’s News Headquarters.” “Clearly, it’s in the public’s interest that this individual be able to tell his story to Congress.”

DeSantis said Sunday the informant to whom he spoke signed his original non-disclosure deal with Obama administration Attorney General Eric Holder and was “threatened with reprisal” by the Justice Department under Attorney General Loretta Lynch when he tried to “come forward” in 2016.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Once again "patrick jane" has proven to be a "low energy" conservative - unimaginative comments requiring a minimum of effort!
:chuckle: Yes, your imagination is more advanced than mine perhaps, I like the cartoons. In the meantime, use your imagination and watch this 5 minute video to help you understand why the majority of Americans trust and support Donald J. Trump, your President for 7.2 more years.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: Yes, your imagination is more advanced than mine perhaps, I like the cartoons. In the meantime, use your imagination and watch this 5 minute video to help you understand why the majority of Americans trust and support Donald J. Trump, your President for 7.2 more years.

Donald J. Trump and his family have endured an onslaught of negative coverage and negative attacks like no other President in history. In this age of instant information and sources, the vast majority are anti-Trump. Trump just gave a press briefing an hour ago. Fortunately, Trump does these open question briefings like no President before him and gets the truth out even more on Twitter.

Trump is not going away and he cannot be silenced. Flake and Corker are out, lame ducks and deep in the Swamp. More Americans are seeing what's been going on for the last year or more and we see right through it. Everything is falling apart for the Trump haters and reality is a hard pill to swallow it seems.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
pope-trump-cartoon-pat-bagley.jpg

Donald J. Trump and his family have endured an onslaught of negative coverage and negative attacks like no other President in history. In this age of instant information and sources, the vast majority are anti-Trump. Trump just gave a press briefing an hour ago. Fortunately, Trump does these open question briefings like no President before him and gets the truth out even more on Twitter.

Trump is not going away and he cannot be silenced. Flake and Corker are out, lame ducks and deep in the Swamp. More Americans are seeing what's been going on for the last year or more and we see right through it. Everything is falling apart for the Trump haters and reality is a hard pill to swallow it seems.

History will not be kind to those Republican politicians and conservative Christians that supported a President who represents the antithesis of everything they once believed!

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Donald%20Trump%20God%20Forgiveness.jpg

"everything they once believed" :rotfl:

I try to lead a life where I don't have to ask God for forgiveness ...
Why do I have to repent?
Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?
- Donald Trump (CNN 7/22/2016
)

1 John 1:10 - If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

What kind of a relationship could this President possibly have with God, given that he makes no mistakes (none that he'll admit to) and therefore has no need to repent and ask forgiveness?

In effect, this President has rejected that Christ died on the Cross for our sins, including those of Donald Trump!

That alone should be triggering off the warning bells for every Christian - by claiming that he has not sinned, Donald Trump has not only rejected Christ's sacrifice, made Christ out to be a liar, but has also attributed to himself the status of a "deity!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.