Traits you dislike

Thunder's Muse

What makes you dislike a person? Do you dislike people as soon as you see them/interact on TOL or does it take time? What about the saying 'what you dislike in others, you dislike in yourself' , is that always true?

Your thoughts? :)

GFR7

Ha, Rez.

Sometimes you can initially dislike someone and then come to admire them; or vice versa - you wind up despising whom you initially admired.

I hate hypocrisy more than anything. Also superficiality.

Thunder's Muse

Ha, Rez.

Sometimes you can initially dislike someone and then come to admire them; or vice versa - you wind up despising whom you initially admired.

I hate hypocrisy more than anything. Also superficiality.

It's funny how perceptions can change.

Buzzword

An attitude of smug superiority will shoot down a potential friendship for me every time.

People who worship their kids, and genuinely can't believe anyone would ever want to abstain from procreation.

Also anyone who feels the need to tie EVERYTHING (sports, hobbies, current events, the trick they just taught their dog) back to religion in conversation.
God forbid I want to discuss something else ever.

Ad hominems, personal insults, refusal to acknowledge one's own fallacies, etc.

...these are for everywhere, by the way, not just on TOL.

Thunder's Muse

An attitude of smug superiority will shoot down a potential friendship for me every time.

People who worship their kids, and genuinely can't believe anyone would ever want to abstain from procreation.

Also anyone who feels the need to tie EVERYTHING (sports, hobbies, current events, the trick they just taught their dog) back to religion in conversation.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
An attitude of smug superiority will shoot down a potential friendship for me every time....Ad hominems, personal insults, refusal to acknowledge one's own fallacies, etc.

That rules out most liberals.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

^ These ...

Add to self-appointed mind readers who make ridiculous claims about what others REALLY believe rather than just admit not everyone agrees with them.

PureX

I just don't like it when people won't acknowledge and deal with their own defects. So instead they end up spewing their failure all over everyone else.

1. If you're not the brightest bulb in the box, (and who is?) then own up to it: shut up and listen when someone smarter comes along. Maybe you'll learn something and won't be such a dim bulb, next time around. But don't exaggerate your ignorance by trying to pretend you're something that you're not, and insulting and disparaging anyone who doesn't bow to your stupidity.
  2. You were abused as a child, and now your an angry, broken adult? I feel for you, I really do. Until you start acting like and angry broken child. Because the difference between a child and an adult is that an adult owns up to the abuse and the damage they've received, and works at overcoming it so as not to inflict it on others. Abusive behavior is self-replicating, and it has to be consciously challenged, within, to break that chain of cause and effect.
  3. You're pathetically addicted to the idea of your own righteousness, as you imagine it has been conferred upon you by your Bible idol? Whoop-tee-doo. No one cares. You're no different than any other drunk or dope fiend in the world: obsessed with getting your next ego-fix. And by any means necessary, and at anyone else's expense. You're a loser and a parasite.

And so on …

The common theme is people who can't or won't face their own crap, and so are constantly smearing it all over anyone else who happens to come in contact with them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People that are subtil about belief due to their agenda.

JosephR

What makes you dislike a person? Do you dislike people as soon as you see them/interact on TOL or does it take time? What about the saying 'what you dislike in others, you dislike in yourself' , is that always true?

Your thoughts? :)

people have allways had negative immediate interactions with me, maybe because I am quite? or have a negative vibe?..

it seems either they really like me but most do not on sight or first contact..

ahh i see your saying on TOL..ehh prolly same lol

i dont see people I am either against or dislike. I enjoy talking with most people,I see everyone as souls in body's enjoying or dealing with the world as I am.Some like negative attention, and crave tension and conflict. Thats ok, I dont understand why I cant bite my own teeth or see my own eye.I just log it as life and keep going :rapture:

Thunder's Muse

people have allways had negative immediate interactions with me, maybe because I am quite? or have a negative vibe?..

it seems either they really like me but most do not on sight or first contact..

ahh i see your saying on TOL..ehh prolly same lol

i dont see people I am either against or dislike. I enjoy talking with most people,I see everyone as souls in body's enjoying or dealing with the world as I am.Some like negative attention, and crave tension and conflict. Thats ok, I dont understand why I cant bite my own teeth or see my own eye.I just log it as life and keep going :rapture:

I liked you right away :)