Towards Deep Understanding: In Search of an Inspiring Opinion

dora

Hello everyone!

First of all I wanted to congratulate you on your beautiful community. I am writing to you from Italy so even though I have studied English I might be doing something wrong.

My name is Dora. I am writing to get some clarification... many friends have recommended this forum to me because of the topics I am going to deal with. I hope I haven't taken the wrong forum section. If so, please forgive me and move the discussion to the appropriate section.

I graduated in Computer Science at the University of Trento last year. Of course you may wonder what this has to do with my posting in a theology forum. I will explain:

For an exam on advanced cryptography, our professor handed us a handout that contained about sixty pages in black and white. They were written in a particular variant of the ancient Germanic Runic alphabet. Moreover, they were completely encrypted in several blocks. I'm not ashamed to say it, but we cheated our way through it!

No one in the course, apart from our small group of four, brought any results. The uncle of one of our classmates was a professor at UC Berkeley in San Francisco. Although he had retired, he remained a huge fan of cryptography. We sent him everything and he managed to complete 32½ pages in 6 blocks in just 2 months. Of course, he sent us the decryption process, which we understood nothing about!

The professor obviously noticed that we had cheated (I don't think he knew the content either and it was just a demonstration to show us how complex cryptography could be) but said nothing. It was a social experiment rather than an exam, and everyone passed because they put so much effort into trying to decrypt it in so many different ways.

Now. I hope I didn't bore you, but I had to put it in context.

After returning to my hometown, I recently discovered that it was a document leaked on the Internet many years ago. It was used in our examination and modified by excluding symbols. It was something of a puzzle. I went to retrieve the original, which contained several pages, and found many symbols in it that echo some of the themes of the decrypted text (in part) that was sent to us from San Francisco. I also discovered that no one had decrypted the pages in our possession but others that were not included in our examination.
I was never particularly interested in the content of the text because it was a boring and trite distillation to indoctrinate people on some of the themes widely covered and revisited in the literature (rebirth, cycle of life, finding your self, finding the light, etc. etc.) but with darker notes.

What I wanted to ask you and what is nagging at me is whether you recognize some or all of these symbols. I don't have your culture on these topics at all and I couldn't find a single one on the internet in any way. I am attaching 2 files. It would be curious if they have been copied and exist historically or if they are just the result of the delusional and trivial content of the document.

I hope I have not been boring.

I thank in advance anyone who would like to participate in the discussion and if you need insights please ask!

thanks

Dora

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/siyaW9Q" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/siyaW9Q"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hoping

Banned
Hello everyone!

First of all I wanted to congratulate you on your beautiful community. I am writing to you from Italy so even though I have studied English I might be doing something wrong.

My name is Dora. I am writing to get some clarification... many friends have recommended this forum to me because of the topics I am going to deal with. I hope I haven't taken the wrong forum section. If so, please forgive me and move the discussion to the appropriate section.

I graduated in Computer Science at the University of Trento last year. Of course you may wonder what this has to do with my posting in a theology forum. I will explain:

For an exam on advanced cryptography, our professor handed us a handout that contained about sixty pages in black and white. They were written in a particular variant of the ancient Germanic Runic alphabet. Moreover, they were completely encrypted in several blocks. I'm not ashamed to say it, but we cheated our way through it!

No one in the course, apart from our small group of four, brought any results. The uncle of one of our classmates was a professor at UC Berkeley in San Francisco. Although he had retired, he remained a huge fan of cryptography. We sent him everything and he managed to complete 32½ pages in 6 blocks in just 2 months. Of course, he sent us the decryption process, which we understood nothing about!

The professor obviously noticed that we had cheated (I don't think he knew the content either and it was just a demonstration to show us how complex cryptography could be) but said nothing. It was a social experiment rather than an exam, and everyone passed because they put so much effort into trying to decrypt it in so many different ways.

After returning to my hometown, I recently discovered that it was a document leaked on the Internet many years ago. It was used in our examination and modified by excluding symbols. It was something of a puzzle. I went to retrieve the original, which contained several pages, and found many symbols in it that echo some of the themes of the decrypted text (in part) that was sent to us from San Francisco. I also discovered that no one had decrypted the pages in our possession but others that were not included in our examination.
I was never particularly interested in the content of the text because it was a boring and trite distillation to indoctrinate people on some of the themes widely covered and revisited in the literature (rebirth, cycle of life, finding your self, finding the light, etc. etc.) but with darker notes.

What I wanted to ask you and what is nagging at me is whether you recognize some or all of these symbols. I don't have your culture on these topics at all and I couldn't find a single one on the internet in any way. I am attaching 2 files. It would be curious if they have been copied and exist historically or if they are just the result of the delusional and trivial content of the document.

I thank in advance anyone who would like to participate in the discussion and if you need insights please ask!

thanks

Dora
The top left one reads...Need: cereal, milk, bananas, toilet paper.
Under that reads...check tire pressure, pack front wheel bearings, check exhaust leak.

(I hope you can take a joke.)

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I predict this is going to stump everyone.

dora

@Hoping
Absolutely! I appreciate jokes, I am a very self-deprecating person.

First of all, thank you for your reply. Perhaps I should have omitted the runes (but as theology is linked to many ancient writings, I thought that maybe someone with a great deal of culture might recognise a document with similar features) and left only the symbols in the 2 slides I attached.

I repeat what I am curious about is that the original document is no more than 10 years old and while the text it contains and which we are not interested in in this discussion was written by a single hand with very particular ideas that have very ancient roots in both western and eastern theology, science and literature (which of course makes it obvious that he had access to a rather well-stocked and niche library like those of some emblazoned universities or colleges) but the symbols in it were taken or created by other people and assembled.

For example I've been trying to figure out what that cross was that looked to me like the Russian Orthodox cross but it's not! and so for so many other symbols so I wanted to ask you who have done so much reading if you had any advice or insight.

Sorry again for my lack of command of the English language and if this is not the right place to try and identify these types of symbols could you recommend someone or some sites that might?

thanks in advance for any possible insight into the discussion

@Jefferson I'm sorry, what do you mean Mr Jefferson?

dora

I apologize but did I post in the right section? I see that the forum is one of the best on these topics with thousands of visits but maybe I did something wrong or I am not on the right track.

If so could you point me (even in pm) where I could ask about these symbols?

thanks in advance

Dora

dora

Too esoteric.
Mr. Jefferosn,

Forgive me but I didn't know. So do you recognize any symbols in these slides? could you write to me even if only in PM what they are.

I didn't think there was anything esoteric I apologize if I violated the forum rules mine is just a research.

Thank you for your kind reply

Dora

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Mr. Jefferosn,

Forgive me but I didn't know. So do you recognize any symbols in these slides?
No
could you write to me even if only in PM what they are.

I didn't think there was anything esoteric I apologize if I violated the forum rules mine is just a research.
No rules were violated. Our rules are WAY less strict than most Christian forums.
Thank you for your kind reply

Dora
Welcome to TOL.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TOL is for discussion, not research projects like this. You came to the wrong site for this project.

dora

TOL is for discussion, not research projects like this. You came to the wrong site for this project.
Forgive me Petty Officer Shermann.

I invoke: -1 Pietro 3:15

The reason I turned to this forum is because it was recommended to me by so many people as a forum for culture and discussion.

My post is not a research project but a wanting to acculturate myself on something that intrigued me. As I have written I have finished my studies and many people have advised me to turn to a ti theology forum because that kind of symbology is similar to many readings that are done in this subject.

I posted here because as the forum says:

". . . and The Rest
Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!"

and from what Mr. @Jefferson told me that he can read above it doesn't look like I violated any rules. I just wanted to know if anyone had ever seen the symbols I posted.

with esteem

thank you for your reply

Dora

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a politics and Christian theology site. I don't think there is going to be anyone here that can answer your questions about these symbols. People here may be familiar with Hebrew, but these are not Hebrew letters.

dora

Mr Shermann, @Sherman

I would like to invite you to re-read what I have written.

The Symbols you quoted do not represent my question. The letters in the slides are a form of ancient futhark which, as I wrote, we have already deciphered over a year ago and like Hebrew are derived from the Phoenician alphabet.

The point is that my question is not about the letters and writings but about the graphic symbols around them.

Such as those strange crosses similar to those of Saint Andrew or the Russian Orthodox ones, the ornamental floral and plant elements next to the texts, the locute/cicadas that as you well know are mentioned in: Book of Leviticus 11:20-23 Book of Numbers 13:32-33 Book of the Prophet Joel 1:4 Book of Judges 6:5 (this was pointed out to me by a user of this forum in private) , the stylised feminine and masculine representations, the trees, the book symbol with the star on it, the wings, the constellation-like dots, and the strange symbols on the top left of slide 2 that look similar to Babylonian numbers that profoundly influenced Abrahamic mathematics (this was pointed out to me by a user of this forum in private) while you didn't notice it... etc.

the fact is that by responding like this no one has the courage to post in this thread anymore as you are an Admin and have stifled the critical thinking of other users who wanted to give their support

So (since as your signature says you consider democracy dangerous) you have led this thread down a blind alley because of your authority on this forum. By closing all possible replies. I thank to those who continue to write to me in PMs.

@Sherman I do not wish to be rude, but being admin of a theology forum, you are not only not open to cultural discussion, but you have not even acknowledged the Jewish symbols (which you refer to in your previous reply) that I quoted above that were provided to me by the very users of the forum you administer.

Dora

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I googled the image. It had been posted on reddit by you. I will tell you what I think it is. It looks like it has its origins in fantasy literature. You have insects, a wizard and plant-like scrollwork that looks like something out of a Tolkien novel. The image has words like interconnectedness on it. The part in English has nothing to do with Christianity. This artwork is from literature of some kind.

dora

I googled the image. It had been posted on reddit by you. I will tell you what I think it is. It looks like it has its origins in fantasy literature. You have insects, a wizard and plant-like scrollwork that looks like something out of a Tolkien novel. The image has words like interconnectedness on it. The part in English has nothing to do with Christianity. This artwork is from literature of some kind.
Mr. Sherman

Thank you for your response. And excuse me if I was a bit provocative!

Yes, I asked around a bit because I was advised to ask for figures in the American theology forums since the author of the text is a prominent person in the United States who has access to a very large library (both in terms of variations in content and in ancient and illustrated books) like that of a large college as well as obviously a large personal cultural background.

Here in Italy I asked a person who had access to the Vatican archives in the 1990s and he told me that the layout and some of the frames are vaguely similar to old tomes written in Latin.

While the content, as you may have read on Reddit, is very peculiar but not particularly interesting to me (fortunately there are few of us who have deciphered it). It was an Internet cryptographic puzzle aimed at proselytizing with "very particular" ideals if you want to elaborate on it I will write it to you in pvt ( though I doubt you will want to for the little I know you) because written in plain text it would index on this forum dozens of exaggerated people tormented by the content. While I was intrigued by the symbolism.

thank you and if you feel there can be no further contributions please close the topic

I do not want to disturb further

a greeting

Dora

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If they are not traditional Christian ideals, then I am not interested.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Hello everyone!

thanks

Dora

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/siyaW9Q" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/siyaW9Q"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top-leftmost image is the dregs of a box of Chex cereal, but I can't make out whether it's corn or rice. Ask your prof if that chex out with him. Bottom-leftmost corner is more Chex along with Mothman Prophecies, so it's probably another warning for the people of Point Pleasant, WV. The last page, with the supinated man at the bottom, seems to be instructions for determining one's sleep number so as to pick out the right mattress. Hope this helps.