Top violator of women's rights around the world? It's Israel says UN

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Top violator of women's rights around the world? It's Israel says UN

Guess who is the number one violator of women’s rights in the world today? Israel. Violating the rights of Palestinian women.

At least that is the view of the UN’s top women’s rights body, the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW). CSW ends its annual meeting on Friday, March 20 by condemning only one of the 193 UN member states for violating women’s rights – Israel.

Not Syria. Where government forces routinely employ rape and other sexual violence and torture against women as a tactic of war. Where in 2014 the Assad regime starved, tortured and killed at least 24,000 civilians, and three million people – mostly women and children – are refugees.

In fact, not only is there no possibility that the UN Commission on the Status of Women will criticize Iran, Iran is an elected member of CSW. Sudan – whose president has been indicted for genocide and crimes against humanity – is currently a CSW Vice-Chair.

Not Saudi Arabia. Where women are physically punished if not wearing compulsory clothing, are almost entirely excluded from political life, cannot drive, cannot travel without a male relative, receive half the inheritance of their brothers, and where their testimony counts for half that of a man’s.

Not Sudan. Where domestic violence is not prohibited. There is no minimum age for “consensual” sex. The legal age of marriage for girls is ten. 88% of women under 50 have undergone female genital mutilation. And women are denied equal rights in marriage, inheritance and divorce.

Not Iran. Where every woman who registered as a presidential candidate in the last election was disqualified. “Adultery” is punishable by death by stoning. Women who fight back against rapists and kill their attackers are executed. The constitution bars female judges. And women must obtain the consent of their husbands to work outside the home.

In fact, not only is there no possibility that the UN Commission on the Status of Women will criticize Iran, Iran is an elected member of CSW. Sudan – whose president has been indicted for genocide and crimes against humanity – is currently a CSW Vice-Chair.

The 2015 CSW resolution on Israel will repeat, as it does every year, that “the Israeli occupation remains the major obstacle for Palestinian women with regard to their advancement, self-reliance and integration in the development of their society…”

Not Palestinian men. Not religious edicts and traditions. Not a culture of violence. Not an educational system steeped in rejection of peaceful coexistence and of tolerance.

Instead, the fault for a UN statistic like this one – an average of 17% of Palestinian women are in the labor force as compared to 70% of Palestinian men – lies with the Jewish scapegoat.

That fact comes from one of only nine official documents produced by the UN for the 2015 annual CSW meeting. Eight were procedural or general in nature, and one was entitled: “Situation of and assistance to Palestinian women.”

By comparison, there was no report on Chinese women and girls, half a billion people without elementary civil and political rights, who still face the prospect of forced abortion and sterilization.

There was no report on women in Somalia, where female genital mutilation is ubiquitous, sexual violence is rampant, and women are systematically subordinate to men.

There was no report on women in Yemen, where the penal code goes easy on the killers of women for “immodest” or “defiant” behavior, there is no minimum age for “marriage,” and women have no equal rights to property, employment, credit, pay, education, or housing.

And the women’s rights scene is not the only liberal sham at the UN.

The UN’s top human rights body, the Human Rights Council (HRC), will wrap up a major session next week by adopting a minimum of four times as many resolutions slamming Israel than any other country on earth. .. (read more at link)
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015...ound-world-it-israel-says-un/?intcmp=trending

Mindblowing isnt it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sorry, I should have used a sarcasm icon or something. You should know I am one of the biggest critics here of them.

Whew! That was a close one bro, thought I'd lost my fellow birthdayer there for a sec.:chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah: Criticism of the occupation is beyond the pale for a lot of folks, evangelicals in particular, and the fawning over Israel is really bizarre considering what many of you guys think the Antichrist has in store for them. I guess any suffering Palestinians endure falls under the "tough, Ishmael was a jerk" category.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Israel puts women in their military and has them flying fighter jets. They are a violator of women's rights? Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah: Criticism of the occupation is beyond the pale for a lot of folks, evangelicals in particular, and the fawning over Israel is really bizarre considering what many of you guys think the Antichrist has in store for them. I guess any suffering Palestinians endure falls under the "tough, Ishmael was a jerk" category.

:darwinsm:

:mock: gaynit.

musterion

Yeah, cutting the unanaesthetized clitoris out of girls and forcing them to wear sacks in the desert is so barbaric of Israel.

In other news, Granite is still a punk.

Tinark

Once again, the right wing uncritically gobbles up the manure Faux News feeds them and, after feasting upon it, with shreds of it still stuck in their teeth, they say "yup, that tastes good, can I have more please?"

Of course, what they fail to mention is that the resolution is based on a report that specifically and solely deals with Palestinian women; so there's absolutely no reason to expect other countries to be mentioned. They also fail to mention that during the same session, a number of other resolutions in regards to women's rights were adopted, none of which had anything to do with Israel or Palestine. But oh no, the UN is singling out Israel!

Here's the report here:

http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=E/CN.6/2015/5

musterion

Of course, what they fail to mention is that the resolution is based on a report that specifically and solely deals with Palestinian women; so there's absolutely no reason to expect other countries to be mentioned.

Yet more Pali civilians are killed by their own rockets than by Israel's retaliations. That doesn't matter to you though, does it.

Tinark

Yet more Pali civilians are killed by their own rockets than by Israel's retaliations. That doesn't matter to you though, does it.

So, unable find merit in the OP any longer, you change topics to something completely different.

Tinark

Yeah?

Does the fact of more Pali civilians are being killed by their own government's rockets than by Israel's bug you?

If you wish to discuss that, start a new topic. I seriously doubt you can support the notion that the majority of the 1,492 Gazan civilians killed in the last conflict were by Gazans themselves (which included 551 children and 299 women). My guess is you ate another pile of manure from some right wing source that fed it to you.