Tom Ridge: I was a Republican governor of Pa. I’m voting for Joe Biden.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I was a Republican governor of Pa. I’m voting for Joe Biden.

I will cast my vote for Joe Biden on Nov. 3. It will be my first vote for a Democratic candidate for president of the United States. But it is not the first time I have said “no” to Donald Trump. I urge my fellow Pennsylvanians to join me.

I actually consider it a point of personal pride that I’m recognized for being among the first Republicans to reject Donald Trump. It was way back in December 2015. I told NBC’s Chuck Todd that day that I could never support Trump. I said then that he was an embarrassment to the Republican Party and our country. I said he belittles, demeans, and ridicules people who disagree with him, and that I’ve never thought that loud, obnoxious, and simpleminded solutions to complex problems are the kind of qualities we want in a president. I believe that earned me my first of several Trump tweets of indignation.

So here we are in 2020. And do we ever have complex problems that demand thoughtful, intelligent leadership. We are getting none of it. I cannot help but compare our current situation dealing with a global health pandemic to my time leading the Department of Homeland Security following the 9/11 terror attacks. There are many similarities to our national response. Those similarities, however, do not include presidential leadership. . . .

Donald Trump has proven over these last four years he is incapable of such leadership. It is not within him. He lacks the empathy, integrity, intellect, and maturity to lead. He sows division along political, racial, and religious lines. And he routinely dismisses the opinions of experts who know far more about the subject at hand than he does — intelligence, military, and public health. Our country has paid dearly in lives lost, social unrest, economic hardship, and our standing in the world. . . .

Whether the Republican Party can restore itself or not, I don’t know. Whether it wants to or not, I don’t know that either. But what matters to me is that the core group of conservative principles I held as a young man when I cast my first vote decades ago are with me today. They are the same principles exhorted by my party’s forebears — Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan. Those principles have been indispensable to me in deciding to extend my hand of support to Joe Biden, who I believe absolutely must be America’s next president.

Pennsylvania voters, along with voters in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida, are likely to ultimately determine the next president. So much is at stake. For me, voting is not just a privilege, but a responsibility. And this year, I believe the responsible vote is for Joe Biden. It’s a vote for decency. A vote for the rule of law. And a vote for honest and earnest leadership. It’s time to put country over party. It’s time to dismiss Donald Trump.

Tom Ridge is a former Republican governor of Pennsylvania and the first U.S. secretary of Homeland Security.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
6877692366ffd2977c7ba24a1252a782--pro-choice-quotes-betsy-devos.jpg

Bob Carabbio

And do we ever have complex problems that demand thoughtful, intelligent leadership. ]

And from what I'm seeing in the Democratic camp, who's ONLY real agenda for the last 4 years has been to DESTROY Trump by any means possible (including their recent "Brownshirt" programs), I'll PERSONALLY never vote for another Democratic candidate for ANY office, ANYWHERE until I see some intelligent alterations in their pathetic, and destructive agenda.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's always odd to read that people who claim to care about the unborn are at the same time, enthusiastic supporters of Donald Trump who paid a woman to kill his unborn child. "That's the kind of person I am." Said Trump explaining why he did it. Their kind of guy.

It's like the guy who claims to love America, but when his country calls him to serve, pays a doctor to write an excuse for him.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And from what I'm seeing in the Democratic camp, who's ONLY real agenda for the last 4 years has been to DESTROY Trump by any means possible (including their recent "Brownshirt" programs), I'll PERSONALLY never vote for another Democratic candidate for ANY office, ANYWHERE until I see some intelligent alterations in their pathetic, and destructive agenda.

Trump destroyed himself and a lot of other people's lives, careers, reputations and consciences in the process.

I was a Republican from 1980-2012. I'll never vote for another Republican candidate for ANY office, ANYWHERE unless I see any candidate show they care more about ALL the people of this country than they do about retaining power, influence, and access for white people.

Bob Carabbio

Trump destroyed himself and a lot of other people's lives, careers, reputations and consciences in the process.

I was a Republican from 1980-2012. I'll never vote for another Republican candidate for ANY office, ANYWHERE unless I see any candidate show they care more about ALL the people of this country than they do about retaining power, influence, and access for white people.

To each their own. I hope the democratic side LOSES across the board, But in the final analysis, GOD will choose the next President, just like HE did in '16. God is the one who elevates, and Who abases according to HIS will. As the Bible say: the Lot is cast into the lap, but God detemines the fall thereof. He ALLOWS us to think thet our "Free Elections" actually "mean something", but HE determines which way they will go.

I HOPE that He doesn't give us the "Leadership" we so richly deserve.

Arthur Brain

To each their own. I hope the democratic side LOSES across the board, But in the final analysis, GOD will choose the next President, just like HE did in '16. God is the one who elevates, and Who abases according to HIS will. As the Bible say: the Lot is cast into the lap, but God detemines the fall thereof. He ALLOWS us to think thet our "Free Elections" actually "mean something", but HE determines which way they will go.

I HOPE that He doesn't give us the "Leadership" we so richly deserve.

So, does God "choose" every president according to you? It's all just a done deal, regardless of voting? Why do you even "hope" one way or the other if it's already done with? You shouldn't be invested in anything at all or hoping for anything. Get the irony yet?

Truth7t7

I was a Republican governor of Pa. I’m voting for Joe Biden.

I will cast my vote for Joe Biden on Nov. 3. It will be my first vote for a Democratic candidate for president of the United States. But it is not the first time I have said “no” to Donald Trump. I urge my fellow Pennsylvanians to join me.

I actually consider it a point of personal pride that I’m recognized for being among the first Republicans to reject Donald Trump. It was way back in December 2015. I told NBC’s Chuck Todd that day that I could never support Trump. I said then that he was an embarrassment to the Republican Party and our country. I said he belittles, demeans, and ridicules people who disagree with him, and that I’ve never thought that loud, obnoxious, and simpleminded solutions to complex problems are the kind of qualities we want in a president. I believe that earned me my first of several Trump tweets of indignation.

So here we are in 2020. And do we ever have complex problems that demand thoughtful, intelligent leadership. We are getting none of it. I cannot help but compare our current situation dealing with a global health pandemic to my time leading the Department of Homeland Security following the 9/11 terror attacks. There are many similarities to our national response. Those similarities, however, do not include presidential leadership. . . .

Donald Trump has proven over these last four years he is incapable of such leadership. It is not within him. He lacks the empathy, integrity, intellect, and maturity to lead. He sows division along political, racial, and religious lines. And he routinely dismisses the opinions of experts who know far more about the subject at hand than he does — intelligence, military, and public health. Our country has paid dearly in lives lost, social unrest, economic hardship, and our standing in the world. . . .

Whether the Republican Party can restore itself or not, I don’t know. Whether it wants to or not, I don’t know that either. But what matters to me is that the core group of conservative principles I held as a young man when I cast my first vote decades ago are with me today. They are the same principles exhorted by my party’s forebears — Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan. Those principles have been indispensable to me in deciding to extend my hand of support to Joe Biden, who I believe absolutely must be America’s next president.

Pennsylvania voters, along with voters in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida, are likely to ultimately determine the next president. So much is at stake. For me, voting is not just a privilege, but a responsibility. And this year, I believe the responsible vote is for Joe Biden. It’s a vote for decency. A vote for the rule of law. And a vote for honest and earnest leadership. It’s time to put country over party. It’s time to dismiss Donald Trump.

Tom Ridge is a former Republican governor of Pennsylvania and the first U.S. secretary of Homeland Security.
Tom Ridge is a John McCain protege, both are democrats in republican disguise, McCains widow also endorses Biden.

John McCain was a treasonous traitor to his nation, as he knowingly delivered the DNC/Hillary fraud (Dossier) to the FBI, that started the (Russia Hoax) in the Coup Attempt against President Trump that (Failed)!

Wikipedia: Tom Ridge

2008 Presidential election

Tom Ridge served as a senior aide to Republican Presidential candidate Senator John McCain of Arizona, and was considered by some as a possible running mate for McCain.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Tom Ridge is a John McCain protege, both are democrats in republican disguise, McCains widow also endorses Biden.

Cindy McCain endorses Joe Biden because she recognizes the country needs a good leader and Trump isn't a good leader.

Tom Ridge is a Republican, not a Trumper, therefore Trumpers deny he can be a Republican.

John McCain was a treasonous traitor to his nation

That's a lie. Shame on you.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tom Ridge is a John McCain protege, both are democrats in republican disguise,

Just because McCain served honorably doesn't mean he's a democrat. Many republicans also served honorably. And yes, a few cowards suddenly discovered they had bone spurs when they got drafted. But not all of them . Not even most of them. That's why so many republicans are going with Biden.

McCains widow also endorses Biden.

Along with countless other republicans. For the reasons we've already discussed.

John McCain was a treasonous traitor to his nation,

He put himself in harm's way for America. He suffered torture in a NVA prison, refused to be released unless all of his fellow prisoners were also released.

In Trump's words, a sucker and a loser.

And America knows it.

The ABC News/Ipsos poll found that 61 percent of respondents said Biden had more respect for the U.S. military, compared to 37 percent who said Trump had more respect.

The results were split among partisan lines, with 81 percent of Republicans believing Trump has more respect for the military, and 16 percent of Republicans siding with Biden. Among Democrats, 93 percent said Biden was more respectful of the military, while 7 percent said Trump held the high ground.

Most independents stood with Biden, with 65 percent saying he had a higher respect for the military, compared to 35 percent of independents who said Trump did.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...iden-has-more-respect-for-military-than-trump

Not everyone thinks that Trump is wrong for calling our troops suckers and losers. But most of us do.

Truth7t7

Cindy McCain endorses Joe Biden because she recognizes the country needs a good leader and Trump isn't a good leader.

Tom Ridge is a Republican, not a Trumper, therefore Trumpers deny he can be a Republican.

That's a lie. Shame on you.
Cindy McCain and her daughter Meghan that showcases on the Feminist liberal (The View) hate Trump because he told the truth on John McCain

John McCain carried the DNC/Hillary bought and paid for (Steele Dossier) to the Comey (FBI)

John McCain was the central figure used to start the Coup of President Trump, and to hold America hostage for 3.5 years, their Coup Attempt Failed!

John McCain is a Treasonous Traitor to the USA.

CNBC

Trump attacks the late Sen. John McCain over his involvement in the Russia investigation

PUBLISHED SUN, MAR 17 2019 11:16 AM EDT

The criticism started Saturday, when Trump reacted to court documents unsealed last week that shed light on the role of a McCain associate in spreading the dossier. The president has repeatedly slammed the report and wrongly claimed that it directly led to the investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election and whether the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow.

In his Saturday tweet, Trump accused the late senator of spreading the memos, written in 2016 by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele. McCain turned the dossier over to the FBI after the 2016 election for the bureau to look into the allegations more fully

"Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier 'is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain,'" Trump tweeted, quoting Ken Starr, the independent counsel who investigated then-President Bill Clinton.

"He had far worse 'stains' than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace after years of campaigning to repeal and replace!" Trump added, referencing the senator's 2017 vote that helped to sink a Republican plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's always odd to read that people who claim to care about the unborn are at the same time, enthusiastic supporters of Donald Trump who paid a woman to kill his unborn child. "That's the kind of person I am." Said Trump explaining why he did it. Their kind of guy.

It's like the guy who claims to love America, but when his country calls him to serve, pays a doctor to write an excuse for him.

Bone-spurs.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And from what I'm seeing in the Democratic camp, who's ONLY real agenda for the last 4 years has been to DESTROY Trump

trump, the founder of COVID-19, destroys himself as well as his mindless minions in the GOP who have worked for and lied for him.

BTW, your vote as well as any of the hardcore base followers isn’t expected or needed.