Tolerance vs Godliness

PastorZ77

Not really. I always thought that love of your deity was "everything" to you people, not playing word games... perhaps I have been mistaken.

What was it to you when you were one of "you people"?

Aimiel

Originally posted by servent101

You do not even consider to seek counsel of God on this matter – it is never even been considered by you.
Actually, we do; and that is how we know that your false gods aren't The One and Only Way to The Father, The Only Truth about God or The One and Only Eternal Life. :doh::duh:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

:thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath

Sibbie and Nineveh,

I think if your deity really cared as much about what those clergypersons you mentioned in the first post were doing as you do, he'd step in and do something about it...

... that is if he's really there to do anything about anything...

Should I take the fact that the church is still standing and so are those clergy that he's not particularly interested in the issue?

And on the other line of discussion in this thread...

I've noticed a common theme in all you Enyartians' discussions about absolutes... Is there anything absolute for you people that does not involve sexual deviance?
Nutjob.:rolleyes:

servent101

Sibbie -
Oh sure, try to be nice after spewing your hate everywhere!

No hate in the post - sorry, if the truth hurts - well you were warned here on TOL - the TRUTH HURTS - ever hear of Truth Smack -

You are the one clamoring hate in the attitudes of your posts - you, nineveh and lighthouse - but there is not one mention of your behavior in the Bible, so I guess the fact it was written two thousand years ago, simply means nothing - that since the Bible does not mention the attitude you have your attitude is in no way of being articulated, understood, nor the harm you people do in any way can be categorized - reality free rhetoric.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Art Deco

Originally posted by PureX

It's sad that tolerance is now being seen as antithetical to Godliness. Especially so, when we realize that tolerance is an essential component of human freedom.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS WERE NOT THE TEN SUGGESTIONS

To view God as intolerant is to view God as being antithetical to human freedom. This is the fermenting of an idea that can only lead to terrible oppression and mysery. But Christians seem to be dead-set these days on such a violent and destructive course.
NEWS FLASH: GOD IS INTOLERANT! Live with it. Millions of American Christians do.

TOLERANCE KILLS CULTURES

PureX

Originally posted by deardelmar Not forever!
That's just wishful thinking on your part. The fact is, there is no evidence at all that God is intolerant. And there is all the evidence in the world that God tolerates everything we do.

Art Deco

And yet he tolerates everything we do.
Ah, but for how long...? God has a history of violent outbursts. He is long suffering yes, but God will get even and pour out his wrath on those who mock Him and despise his Holy name.

Art Deco

That's just wishful thinking on your part. The fact is, there is no evidence at all that God is intolerant. And there is all the evidence in the world that God tolerates everything we do.
Your whistling in the grave-yard.:chuckle:

Art Deco

Originally posted by aikido7

No "turning the other cheek" for THIS deity!
You have blundered into an area where even angels fear to tread...mocking God. :shocked:

Last edited:

PureX

Originally posted by Art Deco Ah, but for how long...? God has a history of violent outbursts. He is long suffering yes, but God will get even and pour out his wrath on those who mock Him and despise his Holy name.
And won't you be basking in the self-righteousness on that day, huh?

I think this is the fantasy of lots of very petty people who really want to think they're so much better than everyone else, but that everyone else ignores. So in their resentment they fantasize about how God is gonna avenge their bruised egos by crushing all those who didn't bow down to their imagined moral and spiritual superiority. The fantasy is that God's gonna do to those they hate what they can't do themselves, but wish they could.

One Eyed Jack

I don't think you need to concern yourself with what anybody else is doing on that day.

I think this is the fantasy of lots of very petty people who really want to think they're so much better than everyone else, but that everyone else ignores. So in their resentment they fantasize about how God is gonna avenge their bruised egos by crushing all those who didn't bow down to their imagined moral and spiritual superiority. The fantasy is that God's gonna do to those they hate what they can't do themselves, but wish they could.

It's not a fantasy, and it has nothing to do with our egos. It's a warning, and you can ignore it all you want. But if you do ignore it, then when that day comes, you'll remember you were warned, and you'll wish you would have listened.

Art Deco

Your self-righteous condemnation of the self-righteous, borders on the psychotic. Secular Humanists seem predisposed to fits of psychosis, especially over matters of morality.

Why is that? :confused:

Free-Agent Smith

Originally posted by aikido7

No "turning the other cheek" for THIS deity!
God turned His cheek when Cain killed his brother and warned that no-one should touch him.
God was tolerant with Nineveh when they repented.
God was tolerant with Peter.
God sent Moses to free the Israelites and was tolerant untill the Pharaoh refused.
I did read in Leviticus 18 that God isn't tolerant with immorality such as incest(Lev 18:1-18 or homosexuality(Lev 18:22), beastiality(lev 18:23) . The rest of this chapter of Leviticus explains that God doesn't want us to defile ourselves with such things. Why does God do this? Because He loves us and wants us to be good people, not defiled by things that He calls abominations.

firechyld

No one said anything about paganism being "new". I find it hard to see even the idea of paganism creeping into the church buildings as "new". Although this might be a first openly blatant attempt in a while.

Paganism + Christianity = Paganism
There is no way around that, not blatently or incrementally.

Such is the nature of syncretism. You end up with something that cannot really be categorised as either of the original belief structures.

*grin* You realise that I'm not arguing with you, right?